Getting CM3 to work on Windows 7
I got this working on Windows 7 finally, after finding this on the internet. If you have Windows 8 or 10 it should still work
cm3_official_v304e.exe - https://www.sendspace.com/file/q25o4o
1. Right click on computer - click advanced system settings - click Performance settings and tick 'Let windows decide what's best for my computer'
2. Install Championship Manager 3 from the CD ROM but do not start the game
3. Go to your C drive and click Program Files (x86) - click Championship Manager 3 and copy the Data folder, save this somewhere easy to find on your computer
4. Download, Extract the rar & Run the update patch - cm3_official_v304e.exe (link above), don't start the game yet
5. Go to where you saved the original Data folder and copy this - go back to Program Files (x86) - Championship Manager3 and paste the Data folder - when you are asked to merge or replace the files, click 'Yes to all'
If you want to check the size of the Data folder, right click the folder, click properties it should be about 26.3MB
6. Put your CD ROM back in the computer and start the game
Did you mean how to play CM3 with original data? I have never had any problems running CM3 on win7 64-bit, on any of my computers.
Originally Posted by slivie
On windows 7 i always install games outside of the Program Files (x86).