Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 517

Thread: Patch 2.21

  1. #426
    Join Date
    07-03-12
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    759
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    I get "cannot open file" when trying to apply the patch. Wtf?
    Might you have a previous Tapni installed?

  2. #427
    AJ's Avatar
    AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    09-04-12
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    3,718
    vCash
    380200
    Ah. Yes indeed

  3. #428
    Join Date
    07-03-12
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    759
    vCash
    500
    Restore previous Tapni Patch, detect it, uninstall it, delete it, the apply the new tapni you wanna use

    Running the patch as admin can sometimes help if above dont work

  4. #429
    Join Date
    11-07-16
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    500
    Can someone please confirm the 2.21 is the most recent patch from Tapani as I also see the 3.12 patch on the forum but the date it was posted seems a lot older. Bit confused

  5. #430
    Join Date
    21-06-14
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeggy View Post
    Can someone please confirm the 2.21 is the most recent patch from Tapani as I also see the 3.12 patch on the forum but the date it was posted seems a lot older. Bit confused
    2.21 is really the most recent patch from Tapani . 3.12 is older and doesn't bring the same changes.

  6. #431
    Join Date
    16-12-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,157
    vCash
    1739
    3.12 patch and the 3.** series of patches were designed years ago with a specfiic database/update built into it. They are pretty much redundant now.

    The 2.21.1+ is the most comprehensive/up to date with league changes/restrictions etc

  7. #432
    Join Date
    17-05-12
    Posts
    33
    vCash
    500
    Hi

    I have a problem.. Sirst when I installed the patch everything was fine. Brilliant work.

    Suddenly my mouse starts "lagging" only when I play CM with cmpatcher 2.21.1.

    I have tried re-installing. restarting my computer etc.

    Its only lagging when cmpatcher is applied, not on the original game..

    Anyone knows what to do?

  8. #433
    Join Date
    17-05-12
    Posts
    33
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagi7 View Post
    Hi

    I have a problem.. Sirst when I installed the patch everything was fine. Brilliant work.

    Suddenly my mouse starts "lagging" only when I play CM with cmpatcher 2.21.1.

    I have tried re-installing. restarting my computer etc.

    Its only lagging when cmpatcher is applied, not on the original game..

    Anyone knows what to do?
    I THINK MAYBE I fixed it myself.. Changes the compatibility-mode to Windows NT 4.0

  9. #434
    Join Date
    13-07-16
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    500
    Hi all, just returned to play this great game after many years and applied the latest Tapani patch (with speed at x4 as recommended), the speed of the background matches being processed was virtually instant in my first season. The season finished and the usual in-game updating happened in June/July and come first game of season 2 for some strange reason the processing speed of other teams' games is now 'normal' and not hyper speed as before?!

    Is this a known issue? I've not changed any settings in game, background matches is set to off under game settings still.

    Thanks.

  10. #435
    Join Date
    28-05-16
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    500
    I have two questions


    1) If I install this patch, will there be any effect (positive, negative) on an existing save game? (IE: Will more goals be scored?)


    2) How to run CM01_02.exe in Windows 10?

    I always get a 16-bit error and i've been using CM01_02_GDI to get around t, but tapani doesn't patch the GDI file

  11. #436
    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    24,982
    vCash
    4920000
    1. An existing save game won't run correctly on it (if you want to keep the old save game try adding another installation of the game by renaming the CM0102 folder)

    2. Just Run As Administrator. There is also the option to let windows find the correct compatibility mode for you

  12. #437
    Join Date
    28-05-16
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    500
    I noticed that ever since loading the Tapani patch, the computer clubs only transfer players exactly on January 1st. Never during the summer (literally zero transfers in summer)

    As a human controlled team, i can still buy players in the summer transfer.


    I noticed what might be the cause.


    On January 1st a news item comes in to say the transfer window has been lifted and clubs can buy players. This is one all transfers take place

    January 23rd or so is a message saying 1 week until deadline
    February 1st a message saying deadline has passed.



    Before the match, a message would come around May 15th saying the window is open and clubs can buy players again. After the patch, this message never comes. Even though it allows me, the human to buy players in this time, the message that the window is open doesn't ever come and the players don't transfer in the window.

    I still do get the message at the end of the august to say the transfer window is closed.


    Thanks
    Last edited by fisher; 19-07-16 at 07:38 AM.

  13. #438
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,807
    vCash
    1075
    what patch is it? and what country are you playing in?

  14. #439
    Join Date
    21-06-14
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher View Post
    I noticed that ever since loading the Tapani patch, the computer clubs only transfer players exactly on January 1st. Never during the summer (literally zero transfers in summer)Thanks

    What league(s) are you running ? I just realized I don't receive a lot of offers after February 1st until the summer period in my current game. In fact, i'm playing in Finland, and only clubs from leagues which start in spring make me offers during this time. I had some players who were scouted by clubs from big leagues : I received offers during January, then in summer, but never between.

    I'm checking the transferts in my game and see what you're saying. In most of the Europe, scheduled transferts happen July 1st (and it depends on the patch you're running I think), "Bosmans" and non free at the same time. The first moves I see in european leagues which have summer to summer schedule happened in Rep. Ireland, May 10th.

    Once more, the transferts windows calendars were changed with the patch, and mine could be not up to date...
    Last edited by Sure; 19-07-16 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Too slow to post !

  15. #440
    Join Date
    28-05-16
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sure View Post
    What league(s) are you running ? I just realized I don't receive a lot of offers after February 1st until the summer period in my current game. In fact, i'm playing in Finland, and only clubs from leagues which start in spring make me offers during this time. I had some players who were scouted by clubs from big leagues : I received offers during January, then in summer, but never between.

    I'm checking the transferts in my game and see what you're saying. In most of the Europe, scheduled transferts happen July 1st (and it depends on the patch you're running I think), "Bosmans" and non free at the same time. The first moves I see in european leagues which have summer to summer schedule happened in Rep. Ireland, May 10th.

    Once more, the transferts windows calendars were changed with the patch, and mine could be not up to date...


    I'm playing Greece.

  16. #441
    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    607
    vCash
    5100
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher View Post
    I'm playing Greece.
    Yes, there was a mistake in writing the Greek transfer windows (by me).

    In Olly, change:
    Code:
    005ECFAB         8850 02                      MOV BYTE PTR DS:[EAX+2],DL
    005ECFAE         C640 03 01                   MOV BYTE PTR DS:[EAX+3],1
    to
    Code:
    005ECFAB       66:C740 02 FF01                MOV WORD PTR DS:[EAX+2],1FF
    005ECFB1       90                             NOP
    Or try 2.21.1+, it's fixed in that.
    Last edited by saturn; 19-07-16 at 06:18 PM.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:


  18. #442
    Join Date
    28-05-16
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Yes, there was a mistake in writing the Greek transfer windows (by me).

    In Olly, change:
    Code:
    005ECFAB         8850 02                      MOV BYTE PTR DS:[EAX+2],DL
    005ECFAE         C640 03 01                   MOV BYTE PTR DS:[EAX+3],1
    to
    Code:
    005ECFAB       66:C740 02 FF01                MOV WORD PTR DS:[EAX+2],1FF
    005ECFB1       90                             NOP
    Or try 2.21.1+, it's fixed in that.
    Thanks, this worked! I'm still a n00b when it comes to olly but finally got it sorted and July 1st came, got a message that the transfer window was open and signings followed. Thanks again.

    I don't play 2.21.1+ because it says the Greek Super Cup is disabled, and I don't want it disabled
    Last edited by fisher; 20-07-16 at 05:50 AM.

  19. #443
    Join Date
    28-05-16
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    500
    Also, does anyone know what has changed (and how the algorithm works) for selecting which "Lower Division" teams get promoted in place of teams relegated from a lowest level?

    Prior to the patch, it seemed to be a bit random like every time you load the game and the game update runs it would choose 2 different teams.

    Now, with the patch, it seems to always select the same teams (not as random, perhaps defined by a specific formula relating to reputation?)

  20. #444
    Join Date
    15-06-12
    Posts
    108
    vCash
    500
    I've testet this multitimes after first season and never got team outside Isthmian Premier. You can check available teams with cmexplorer.
    image hosting
    Last edited by pieriedaczi; 20-07-16 at 07:32 AM.

  21. #445
    Join Date
    28-05-16
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by pieriedaczi View Post
    I've testet this multitimes after first season and never got team outside Isthmian Premier. You can check available teams with cmexplorer.
    I didn't mean "which pool of teams" does it choose from, obviously thats always going to be whatever the tier right below the lowest active tier is.

    I mean, what formula is it using to select which teams in that pool get promoted.


    So, if you had the game saved on June 18th. Hit continue, and it updated the game data for the new season, which two teams get pulled in to the league.

    My observation is that in this situation, without the tapani patch, if you kept loading the game, continuing at that point and updating game data, every time you did this the game would pull two seemingly random (to some extent) clubs. That is, every time you re-started and loaded up it would choose a different team from the pool within the limits of RAND()

    --- [ So in the example with your teams in England, First load it would promote Margate and Mertham. Second load it would promote Fanborough and Grays. Third Load it would promote Canvey Island and Margate. Fourth Load it would promote Enfield and Farnborough....etc... ] ---

    However, with the tapani patch installed, and with the same situation (Saved game, just prior to the season game data update), proceed across the threshold and it is *Always* the same team selected from the pool. The only way it isn't is if you then use an editor to change that teams reputation to a different value.

    --- [ So in the example with your teams in England, First load it would promote Farnborough and Enfield. Second load it would promote Farnborough and Enfield. Third Load it would promote Farnborough and Enfield. Fourth Load it would promote Farnborough and Enfield... Then getting sick of seeing the same two teams promoted, you go into a save game editor, make Farnborough's Reputation "1", reload again and this time it promotes Canvey Island and Enfield. Sixth load it promotes Canvey Island and Enfield. Seventh load it promotes Canvey Island and Enfield ....etc... ] ---

    I wanted to understand though, what the formula tapani uses to select this team is and how it got to be different (was this intended) than the pre-patch selection process. Because its not as simple as "The two highest reputation clubs" but it doesn't seem to have a variable component to it - or, somehow the teams are being 'chosen' in advance of the season update day
    Last edited by fisher; 20-07-16 at 01:44 PM.

  22. #446
    Join Date
    20-09-15
    Posts
    168
    vCash
    300
    Hi, I can add one more problem about promotion from lower leagues. Sometimes , some clubs who has no stadium can promoto to Northern premier. But , infact there is a rule for the promoted teams that they shall have a minimum 1000 seats of stadium. It seems , this does not work if team has no stadium.

  23. #447
    Join Date
    15-06-12
    Posts
    108
    vCash
    500
    I don't think there is any diffrence with or without tapani patch. I can only speak from my experience but I played for years starting with newly promoted teams. Club reputation doesn't count at all. It is pure randomness. But If you count on a such sequance:

    Quote Originally Posted by fisher View Post

    --- [ So in the example with your teams in England, First load it would promote Margate and Mertham. Second load it would promote Fanborough and Grays. Third Load it would promote Canvey Island and Margate. Fourth Load it would promote Enfield and Farnborough....etc... ] ---
    you don't understand what randomness is. Each restart is new and independent. Restart game on 18th of June twenty times or more and if you lucky enough you will get all possible teams in very different pairings. Some clubs will appear 10 times some only single one.

  24. #448
    Join Date
    15-06-12
    Posts
    108
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    Hi, I can add one more problem about promotion from lower leagues. Sometimes , some clubs who has no stadium can promoto to Northern premier. But , infact there is a rule for the promoted teams that they shall have a minimum 1000 seats of stadium. It seems , this does not work if team has no stadium.
    Yes, but during the season after promotion stadium will emerge.

  25. #449
    Join Date
    21-06-14
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    Hi, I can add one more problem about promotion from lower leagues. Sometimes , some clubs who has no stadium can promoto to Northern premier. But , infact there is a rule for the promoted teams that they shall have a minimum 1000 seats of stadium. It seems , this does not work if team has no stadium.
    But doesn't the game understand this as teams playing in an unknown stadium instead, with an unknown number of places, thus making the rule irrelevant in this case ?
    Last edited by Sure; 20-07-16 at 07:03 PM.

  26. #450
    Join Date
    20-09-15
    Posts
    168
    vCash
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by pieriedaczi View Post
    Yes, but during the season after promotion stadium will emerge.
    I am not sure about this, I did not see that this club which is promoted without a stadium will have a stadium with a name later. Always unknown stadium.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •