Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Patch 2.21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieriedaczi View Post
    I don't think there is any diffrence with or without tapani patch. I can only speak from my experience but I played for years starting with newly promoted teams. Club reputation doesn't count at all. It is pure randomness. But If you count on a such sequance:

you don't understand what randomness is. Each restart is new and independent. Restart game on 18th of June twenty times or more and if you lucky enough you will get all possible teams in very different pairings. Some clubs will appear 10 times some only single one.

1) You are wrong, club reputation is a factor I just don't know if it is weighted or floored. I suspect it might be both.

2) Also wrong (With Tapani).

Sorry to be blunt, but I understand what randomness is and yes, Reputation is definitely a factor. Restart the game on 18th of June twenty times and in a large lower league (I'm not talking Isthmanian premier here in the example where the reputations vary from 1000 to 1500 and are all very close so would provide virtually useless data for testing something like this) - meaning the type where it is just a big Lower League pool where all teams not in the playable league are lumped into one lower league, with reputations varying from 1 to 2000, you will almost, if not exclusively never see a team with a reputation of 1 get promoted into the league. You may be able to get in with about 500 in rep though the lowest i've ever recalled seeing and confirming was ~750.

Either way, the point here is that it seems with Tapani if you restart the game on June 18th 20 times, you get the same two teams every time while without Tapani you don't. It's very easy to confirm this. Take the same save game, load it with a Tapani.exe from June 18th and simulate. Rinse wash and repeat. When I do this, I get the same two teams every time. Reputation is most certainly a factor because the only way to then change which two teams are chosen at this point is to change the reputation of one of the teams by a non trivial amount (reduce by 500 or more, or perhaps, reduce to some 'floor' level at which a team is not considered for promotion). Once you've changed the inputs then you will get a different two teams each time (or at least a different team than the one whose reputation you reduced). I don't know exactly what point these teams get locked in, you could seemingly run from June 10th or so and get more randomness factored in starting from then each time.

But the reason its obvious there is a difference between tapani and non tapani is you can find a point to start from (IE June 18th) prior to the game update where when you load the game with tapani, no matter how many times you re-load and re-process the game update, the same two teams are promoted. Then, you can take that exact same save file, run it from the exact same point with the original .exe and the teams are not locked in and are based on the original formula where reputation and RAND() are factor.

vCash
    And what's your point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fods View Post
    And what's your point?
    That the process for selecting promoted teams seems to differ slightly in a tapani or non tapani exe. So i want to know if this was intentional, what causes it, or if not, if the cause is identifiable so it could be determined what the new process is.

vCash
    Can you compare the code between original game and what was changed in the patch?

vCash
    Can you compare the code between original game and what was changed in the patch?
    If I had any knowledge of how to do that, I'd love to

lol

vCash
    Ahh sorry I saw you had amended something earlier on in Olly and presumed you could!

vCash
    Ahh sorry I saw you had amended something earlier on in Olly and presumed you could!
    Was just following very specific instructions that were printed out. Have no clue what any of the other stuff in there means or how to interpret any of it

vCash
    Hi I am trying to load the Tapani 2.21 patch using Crossover in Mac. Does anybody know if this can be done and how to do it?

vCash
    Check the MAC thread in Tech Support!

vCash
    Please do restructuring of the Polish first division

Craig Forrest is online now Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastiankogut View Post
    Please do restructuring of the Polish first division
    can't. have to swap it with another league

vCash
    Knowing my luck, this has already been covered and I've missed it somewhere.
    I'm looking to play the 3.9.60 data with the 2.21 patch.

Anyone stress tested it? anyone seen any issues? I need some heavy nostalgia in my life. and I don't wanna be reduced to tears by a crash mid season.
    Fed up of that Keith Ronaldo, Lenny Messi and that bitey girl that plays for Barselonie Louise Swarez

vCash
    Can be be done

Make sure you have 3.9.68 installed

Download the .60 data files from download section and place them in your data folder replacing files when asked

Install patch and away you go

vCash
    Hi all, just been reading up on this thread as I'm getting back into the game and wanted to catch up on some of the changes, especially in regards to regens.

Quote Originally Posted by dangler View Post
    Something I have noticed is that regens mostly come with very low hidden atributes which affects them badly.For example Messi's regen would come with consistency,important matches,natural fitness all very low and even though he has good stats he would totally suck.

Also i have noticed twice now that Thiago SIlva's regen would come with very low positioning and tackling and will have 20's for dribbling passing and off the ball for example maybe cause of his high PA.

All this happens with the latest DB from 2015 haven't tested with original DB.
    Has anyone else had similar occurrences as the ones dangler has mentioned in regards to Messi and Thiago Silva regens?

Also is there a way to ensure moderate/high hidden attributes of regens of players of the calibre of Messi and Thiago Silva in a future patch?

One of the drawbacks of the game when I last played was the decreasing amount of high quality players, as regens would have lower random values for some of their stats. I remember that I would often find regens of central defenders like Alessandro Nesta who had excellent defensive stats but very low Determination and Work Rate values, which would result in them making a low amount of tackles during games(a lot of times going whole games without making one tackle).

vCash

Patch 2.21

Determination and work rate is defo improved with these latest patches

See post 182
    Last edited by Fods; 28-08-16 at 11:25 PM.

vCash
    Determination and work rate is defo improved with these latest patches

See post 182
    Thanks Fods , I must have missed those images while scrolling through as I was on my phone browser at the time. Also thanks for posting the regen screenshots .

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mcnamee19 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Seeing them class regens makes me want to start a new game but im gonna wait for the new update!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hello everyone. Been quite a few years since I've posted on here.

Quick question - have there been any improvements patch-wise where clubs who go bankrupt are forced to accept lower transfer fees for their players? I know it happens when you are controlling a club - happened often when I took charge at skint Leeds and was forced by the board to sell my better players for whatever bids came in. Has this been applied to AI clubs now?

Also remember years ago that one of my players had to retire due to injury and the club received 6m (insurance?) - however, this wasn't reflected on the club's finances page.

On a side note, even though I haven't posted/contributed for eons, I just want to say I've been really impressed with the progress the team has made in improving the quality of our gaming experience. The patches are excellent and the data updates really keep the game alive. Big thanks to all, and looking forward to playing the new update.

Cheers boys & girls.

vCash
    In answer to your first question, that's not been resolved in any of the patches as far as I know.

Didn't the insurance money go in at some point down the line, towards end of the season?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi Fods,

You might be right re the insurance money - I never actually checked whether it was added at the end of the season.

Cheers for the reply mate.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Seeing them class regens makes me want to start a new game but im gonna wait for the new update!
    Apologies for the late reply to this Fods.

I started a new game as Blackpool manager, and I'm aiming to take them back to the Premier League as soon as possible .

I'm interested to see what Re-Gens/New-Gens appear .

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mcnamee19 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnamee19 View Post
    Apologies for the late reply to this Fods.

I started a new game as Blackpool manager, and I'm aiming to take them back to the Premier League as soon as possible .

I'm interested to see what Re-Gens/New-Gens appear .
    Keep us posted in the "how you doing" thread

vCash
    i am seeing a few problems with competition history under "patched" games.

despite the database being up to date the cometition history always shows the last entry as 2001.

can this be fixed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnym1982 View Post
    i am seeing a few problems with competition history under "patched" games.

despite the database being up to date the cometition history always shows the last entry as 2001.

can this be fixed?
    Found this... by searching "Competition History"... who'd of thought it ....

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread...tition+History

vCash
    Pulling a couple of posts from the 2.21 Beta thread...

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    I tried a 2016 start with a minimum 2015 database and all leagues selected and ran into the error below. I tried again with just Northern Ireland selected and ran into it again so I'm guessing it'll affect any league given it's a World Cup issue.
    Spoiler!

The second leg of the Oceania World Cup Qualifying Playoff match is played on that date, so that must be the culprit. The winners play the fifth placed team from the South American Qualifying so the problem could originate from there too. Many of the qualifying zones look a bit dodgy, with games crammed into the first few days of the calendar. The offset in the crash report is 006848f6 in Olly.

A 2017 start runs past this fine, although it has the games crammed in at start of the year too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    Latest patcher:

Release candidate 1 (not really, going to tweak rules tomorrow)
    http://tapani.homeftp.org/cm/cmpatcher-2.21-rc1.exe

Changes are:
    - finances reversed to default
    - summer 2016 crash fixed
    - game can be started year 2016, but then the 2018 world cup teams lacks both south america and oceania (still better than crash)
    - increased max transfer offer to 250M GBP
    - another futile attempt at tweaking world club champs (could not find the offset to disable 3rd place game, someone did post it?). Likely going to hang.
    - some small changes like OFC Nations cup played every 2 years and Copa America host bids only every 4 years (instead of 2)
    The fix for this (after selecting a 2016 start year) is:
    Code:
    009182DB MOV EAX,7D4 --> 7E0
    00918473 JL 0091847C --> JMP
    0092036D MOV EAX,7D4 --> 7E0
    009204B8 JL 009204C1 --> JMP
    .patch form:
    Code:
    0x5182dc 0xd4 0xe0
    0x518473 0x7c 0xeb
    0x52036e 0xd4 0xe0
    0x5204b8 0x7c 0xeb
    The problem was the South American qualifying campaign being already finished once 2016 begins. This now resets it so that it's a few games in (kind of like IRL, but less games and not the IRL results). This also resets the European qualifying campaign, which will start fully in game in September.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post: