Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 2.21

vCash
    Thank you, Mr Tapani!!! This is the first time I've used your patch. And, it's so amazing to playing with it!!! Thanks again!

vCash
    My problem is solved!! Thanks everyone. It was not a problem at all, but in Turkey you got maximum players for a transfer, but in a game i can use all off my players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben_ View Post
    Cheered to early. Same problem occurs as in 3.xx patches when Dutch relegation is activated.

The problem is that in the playoff period of the Dutch First Division, a new relegation line appears for the 4th team in both groups. Causing a 'Null' message in the news section. You can't skip the message and when you click it the game crashes. And after the playoff period is done the game crashes as well. I'll upload my save tomorrow so you can see what I mean.

Unfortunately, since I play the Dutch league a lot, this means the patch will be unplayable for me, so I'll revert to 2.20

edit: Savegame:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/di...mn/fortuna.sav
    Thank you for noticing. Darn. Despite all the testing there seems to be a bug remaining :-(

After changing the Dutch league, and before releasing the patch, I tried holidaying in the dutch league to see if there are any problems. It just worked.

Looking at it again, it turns out that this null-news error happens only when you are managing a club. Sometimes when testing I cannot be bothered to load a tactic, and end up getting fired half-way. Guessing that is how this error passed through.

Thanks for uploading your save, that is the productive way of dealing with issues like this.
    There will be a fix for this tonight (one way or another - worst case is that those who started in the Dutch league will see two "null" news the first season).

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tapani For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nearly finished season 1 in Holland, think I'll abandon ship and go abroad before the above happens

I'll make a 2nd save and finish it out for testing purposes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Nearly finished season 1 in Holland, think I'll abandon ship and go abroad before the above happens

I'll make a 2nd save and finish it out for testing purposes
    Please let us know what happens.

Edit: Because i've tested Holland and never encountered something.
    Last edited by Rudi-Assauer; 05-11-15 at 05:09 PM.

vCash
    Well it's a logical thing to not notice unless actively managing a dutch first division team. I'm not sure what happens when managing a dutch eredivisie team.

vCash
    It seems to only happen when you are managing a Dutch first division club between the 1st or 4th of June. Also then there is chance there is no error.

A quick fix is here: http://tapani.homeftp.org/cm/cmpatcher-2.21.1.exe
    To apply that fix:
    1. first use the old 2.21 patcher, and choose uninstall
    2. then apply the new 2.21.1 patcher, preferrably choose the same settings as before.

This prevents a crash from the (null) news entry. I'll have to see if I get a moment this weekend to fix it for real, don't like having any (null) news at all.
    My guess is that the (null) news is supposed to be messages about who promoted / relegated from from / to Dutch 1st div.

The fix go into effect immediately and anyone who has started in Dutch D1 can continue playing their saves.
    Thank you Ruben_ for reporting and providing a savegame with the problem.

(ps: the 2.21.1 patcher also removes the golden goal rule from swedish and turkish cups -- thanks Saturn)

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tapani For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks ,that's a quick fix indeed

edit: I can confirm I could continue my save now. RKC relegated and Lienden promoted, so that part is working well
    Last edited by Ruben_; 05-11-15 at 09:16 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruben_ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Could you also make a separate patch that would only change the regen system? That would be great for people who don't want to change anything else in their game.

vCash
    I didnt even see that 2.20 had come out let alone this one, I been on 2.19 for ages, many thanks for this to all the team, great job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    How to use dev mode

Dev mode allows paralell testing of databases, patches or benchmarking of tactics.

To test a database or patch, you should download eval.bat and place it in your CM folder.
    When you run it several CM windows will pop up. Start new games in each, and go on holiday. You will return the 31st of May to inspect league tables, player stats, relegations (or what you are interested in).

To benchmark a tactic in paralell you should download bench.bat and place it in your CM folder.
    Then load your benchmark save, set holiday instructions, load the tactic you want to test, and save it as 000.sav
    Run bench.bat: several CM windows will pop-up with you on holiday until 31st of May.

eval.bat http://tapani.homeftp.org/cm/eval.bat

Bench.bat http://tapani.homeftp.org/cm/bench.bat
    I've got this error:

How can I solve it, mate! Many thanks!!!

vCash
    Don't use dev mode. It might be broken in 2.21 when I think about it ...

Does anynody need it?

vCash
    In my game. Volendam relegated from Dutch First division but also filled in the promotion spot. So technically they didn't relegate.

Does this happen more? This happened after I updated to 2.21.1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    Don't use dev mode. It might be broken in 2.21 when I think about it ...

Does anynody need it?
    I think it's obsolete since you released super ultra fast benchmark version of Greek league. Only thing that bothers me with benchmark version of Greek savegame, I can't run it in multiple threads in Windows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi-Assauer View Post
    In my game. Volendam relegated from Dutch First division but also filled in the promotion spot. So technically they didn't relegate.

Does this happen more? This happened after I updated to 2.21.1.
    The fix doesn't work Tapani.

When the playoffs stop, the line in the league table disappeares. Therefore the team that is supposed to relegate will in fact stay in the league.

Happened for the second time in a row now. See picture below:

Would love to see you make it work correct tapani.

More people encoutering this?

vCash
    Rudi, saw something similar. The line disappeared and no team was relegated.

Anyway, this is not a severe issue - there is no relegation - but the game does not crash either.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapani For This Useful Post:

vCash
    No not severe indeed.

I do hope you'll try to fix it sometime, but no pressure from me

vCash
    Quick question regards new-gens, will they appear in GPF tool?

vCash
    Start Year 2015
    Foreground - England
    Background - Australia, Holland, Italy and Portugal

Got this error

vCash
    Start Year 2015
    Foreground - England

Got this error

I'm using Patch 2.21 normally now. But is it true that with Tapani patch, the game is harder. Faked/ based tactics or original tactic of CamF, Idione or Fodfod2CF can not get good result as before After the first season, the results are getting worse

Ex: First season, played with Chelsea, good assisstant themself, 36-1-1. But next season, I got more draw and lose against weeker teams (Sunderland, Watford...)

vCash
    Start Year 2015
    Foreground - England

Got this error

Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    I have seen a few similar ones. match_eng, match_day ... debugged one of those to find a club that had 50 players of which:
    - 19 were loaned out
    - 9 were injured
    - 4 were suspended
    ... and a bunch was on international duty!

Only 10 players remained eglible to play.

I wonder if the new transfer windows are causing confusion?

vCash
    registration to the European Cups players on loan

My team may register players on loan,but the other teams either can not or do not use

vCash
    I've also noticed game is harder...which I find wonderful.

vCash
    Running one league (Belgium), medium database, 3.68 update, and the Copa America third placed game never got played in 2005, and the competition was never played again. First time I have come across this issue with the Copa.

vCash
    Yeah the game is harder alright, sometimes I might shoot 10 times at my opponents not scoring once, they shoot 8 times and score twice!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast