Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Changing Fixture Dates / Schedules

vCash
    Looks really good Fiestita!

vCash
    Hi Fiestita,
    your schedule is not based on real life , I think. right?
    for example , ROI has a gap in first 7 match weeks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    Hi Fiestita,
    your schedule is not based on real life , I think. right?
    for example , ROI has a gap in first 7 match weeks
    Actually it is... The problem with Ireland is that the league is played jan to dec since 2008 I think... So I tried to match it as best as possible in an aug to may format. I didn't want cup rounds struggling with league and european games resulting in a match pile-up in may. Perhaps it can be reworked in a better way. Feel free to edit my spreadsheet screenshot (I can upload spreadsheet files if you think that would be better). The problem comes when you think that there's a greater chance that irish teams are eliminated early in Europe rather than later, so it's better to avoid match clashing with Europe in august and september than later on, so that's mainly why there's just one league game in september, but you also have 3 cup games and the possible replay of FA Cup 2nd round. ROI has a lot of cups and it get's difficult to design a schedule according to real life (regardless of the format).

Something similar happens with Northern Ireland in the first half of the year.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiestita For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Maybe is the best to implement all of this to your patch and release patch v.3 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Looks really good Fiestita!

vCash
    Here, have all the spreadsheets in one zip file:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/d8qaq8

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiestita For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @Xeno: let me know if you agree with the following fixture. I moved league cup rounds in NIR, ROI and SCO to make some space for league games. League Cup dates had been fixed to real life before, but perhaps it's better to spread them out in game.

Northern Ireland.
    Spoiler!

Republic of Ireland.
    Spoiler!

Scotland.
    Spoiler!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiestita For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks Fiestita,you made very hardwork to make schedule more comfortable. I know it is very difficult . Actually I want to ask that if your fixtures are based on real schedules in 2001-2002 for all countries.
    I can tell ideas about you schedule patch such as:
    During some cup rounds (in most of the leagues) which are in weekend, there is no league match for eliminated or not attended teams in your schedule. May be can be added.
    Most of the country schedules and cups start earlier than actual and end lately according to actual 2001-2002 season till June 1st week.

Could you separate schedule and other patches one by one so we can test and use which we want ?
    Thank you
    Last edited by xeno; 11-02-17 at 11:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    Thanks Fiestita,you made very hardwork to make schedule more comfortable. I know it is very difficult . Actually I want to ask that if your fixtures are based on real schedules in 2001-2002 for all countries.
    I can tell ideas about you schedule patch such as:
    During some cup rounds (in most of the leagues) which are in weekend, there is no league match for eliminated or not attended teams in your schedule. May be can be added.
    Most of the country schedules and cups start earlier than actual and end lately according to actual 2001-2002 season till June 1st week.

Could you separate schedule and other patches one by one so we can test and use which we want ?
    Thank you
    I've used data from last seasons (2015,2016) from soccerway to design the fixtures. I tried to match real life whenever possible. The problem with putting league games in cup rounds is that even when eliminated teams can play it, perhaps that date they would be playing a team that is still in the cup, this will lead that match to be played on a FIFA International date that may cause match_eng.cpp error or even result in a match pile up in may, probably forcing a manager to play with subs some key matches.

I actually coded leagues separately. But last time I posted the patch in different parts I've got complains that it was better to just post it alltogether. You can still test leagues separately: just load one.

Regarding Republic of Ireland. I think this one is even better fixture than the last one:
    Spoiler!

Keep in mind none of your concerns actually bother me. Your feedback is useful. The idea of saturn's patch is to refresh the game to this decade. So is my new schedule patch. For a 2001/02 approach the previous one is better. But of course it would need an update for saturn's patch.

I'm gonna re-code both Irelands and Scotland this weekend to reduce the gaps between games in first semester.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiestita For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Notable Features:
    Spoiler!

[/QUOTE]
    I mean could you share this patches separately so we can apply to our games separately?

vCash
    I guess so Xeno.

vCash
    If possible can you push back the end of the Greek season slightly (not the fixtures, just the season end day)? As it stands contracts expire in May so there's a possibility players can leave at the end of their contract before a European Cup final if you are in one.

vCash
    Their contracts should all end on 30.06 in the updates

vCash
    Yeah they do but when you offer a new one it locks to the month of May in Greece.

vCash
    Oh, that's a new one to me. It's shame all these seemingly little changes can't be resolved a bit more easily

vCash
    I think I coded greek league to reset on june 20th as the rest of european leagues.

EDIT: maybe the problem is here:

@hodgy: do the contracts lock to may 21st?
    Last edited by Fiestita; 14-02-17 at 05:51 AM.

vCash
    If you have already coded it in the latest patch then great, I am using saturn's v2. I looked through your updated schedule but couldn't see that you'd already updated this.

Thanks!

vCash
    I've run a quick test on greece using my lastest patch and after five season no contract was signed that ends on may. All them end on june.

vCash
    New v2.1 of the patch posted in previous page.

vCash
    New v2.2 in previous page

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiestita For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This is fabulous, thank you. Is this being incorporated into Saturn's next patch? I won't be able to play for a week or two so instead of downloading this separate shall I just wait for Saturn's new patch for April data update?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hodgy View Post
    This is fabulous, thank you. Is this being incorporated into Saturn's next patch? I won't be able to play for a week or two so instead of downloading this separate shall I just wait for Saturn's new patch for April data update?
    Yes, it will be in the next patch.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    saturn I've been away for a while, hopefully this weekend I'll fix the trouble with english lower divs that crash the game. I just need to spread matches around christmast a bit because those are the ones who get rescheduled for crazy dates.

EDIT: I think I got it. Gonna run several seasons to be sure.
    Last edited by Fiestita; 02-07-17 at 07:28 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiestita For This Useful Post:

vCash
    i just tested your calendar and i think is really great

but noticed that the fifa CWC is split up so that you play the semifinal, then you go back to your home nation to play a championship fixture and then again back to the CWC final... any way to fix this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    i just tested your calendar and i think is really great

but noticed that the fifa CWC is split up so that you play the semifinal, then you go back to your home nation to play a championship fixture and then again back to the CWC final... any way to fix this?
    Move the Final to the Saturday?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112