Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Win Everything With Anyone - A Quick Guide - by churky

vCash
    Cheers Fodster

I never really posted before because I just assumed everyone on here would know all the tricks and know much more than me anyway so didn't think I could offer anything new.

Oh forgot to mention - the above uses 'attacking' in tactics too of course

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shilts For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just out of interest - could you write down the player instructions for your 3-1-2-1-3 tactic? (forward runs, pressing, passing etc etc).

vCash
    I focus on getting players with high technique and dribbling on my wingers and play run with ball on them. Often play right/left forwards or midfielders as wingers. I usually play with 2 strikers and make them make forward runs and run with ball if technique or dribbling is > 12 and hold on to ball if strenght is >= 15. I also use man to man marking (and always checks opponents tactics before kick off. If he uses 1 striker I change one dc to zonal marking) and often play cd defensive when attacking. I usually play 4132 and zonal marking on all midfields, and defensive when defending. I think strength, passing and technique is important for cm and dm and usually play hold on to ball if strength is over 15.
    Last edited by anderss; 31-10-13 at 06:58 PM.

vCash
    I'm so glad I got to play a hefty 8 years of CM01/02 before finding this site with all its wib/wob, centralized formations, cheat tactics, 21 positioning and holiday-mode careering.
    Struggling to win CL with a top class team was definitely more rewarding and realistic than being able to take a 3rd division team to European success in 3 years. With young and free players.

I'm not trying to take a stab at anyone, I'm just saying.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mihaio07 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    ee arth welcome, dude

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaio07 View Post
    I'm so glad I got to play a hefty 8 years of CM01/02 before finding this site with all its wib/wob, centralized formations, cheat tactics, 21 positioning and holiday-mode careering.
    Struggling to win CL with a top class team was definitely more rewarding and realistic than being able to take a 3rd division team to European success in 3 years. With young and free players.

I'm not trying to take a stab at anyone, I'm just saying.
    That's what every one of us has said at some point, I believe. As much as this site is fantastic for updates, banter etc., it has also spoiled everyone's game at least to some degree.

vCash
    although, not enough to stop playing...

vCash
    It's sad though, I still learn stuff every day or relearn stuff I forgot. I'm currently infatuated with buying players with very high pace and acceleration and seeing what you can get out of them, breaking a long-held habit of only buying attacking midfielders with passing/off the ball.

vCash
    Hey Guys
    I got a question
    So if i have a playmaker in my tactic that i tell him to stay behind and try through ball , i shouldn't look for creativity,passing and technique,but passing and off the ball?
    I'm sorry for the bad english.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    3 defenders is almost impossible in CM and you know it.
    I disagree.

I ran a great all-conquering Everton team playing 5-3-1-1.

That's 3 CBs, 2 WBs with attacking intent, 3 DMCs, AMC and SC

The major flaw with a 3 CB team is that the guy in the middle always plays relatively poorly. You can put the best CBs in the game in the middle and they will average between 6.7 - 7.1 per season. The secret is rotating your best CBs to not over-expose them to the central position or else finding CBs who perform exceptionally well there for whatever reasons - I've found guys like Aymeric Laporte and big Chris Samba performing 7.2-7.5 in a full season but "superstars" like Sergio Ramos, Vincent Kompany etc can perform horrifically. Now my central CB of the 3 is zonal marking and the other 2 guys are man-marking. I really don't understand why the slow guys who have big strength, tackling, heading, determination play this position much better than defenders who are statistically better. Even when you discover defenders who out-perform the others in this position, it is still important to maintain their form and morale, so rotate to easier positions as appropriate.

The 3 DMCs and wingbacks always play well. The central DMC or indeed all 3 DMCs, may be instructed/arrowed to make forward runs but all of them are ZONAL MARKING. The DMCs should be averaging 7.5+ and the WBs 7.7+. My default Everton team I played Besic (exceptional DMC) along with McCarthy (exceptional when on hot form) and Ross Barkley (decent but no Schweiny). It's also nice to rotate the best defenders into DMCs like Varane or Kompany who have better skills than most pure DMCs.

The weak points of these tactics are the central CB and the AMC, who is lucky to av 7.5 for a season (rotation between Schweinsteiger, Barkley, Deulofeu and an edited Riyad Mahrez). Again it's crucial to maintain form and morale in this position.

The Striker should be scoring for fun. In my first season I had Deulofeu up front averaging close to a goal a game. When I acquired Ronaldo the dude would score 1-3 goals in the first half of most games for several seasons. A standard Ronaldo season for me was 50 goals in 40 games and I rested him against all weaker teams and some home matches against higher level opposition.

Useful in-match tweaks to these tactics include taking off the central CB and adding another striker or adding 2 AMCs arrowing either side of the Striker, pushing the WBs into a standard MR/ML or even FR/FL in dire situations.

Standard home instructions are mid screen box with and without ball, attacking/direct/press/off-side or short passing depending on how the team is retaining possession and creating quality chances. Standard away tactics, bring your team back and add normal/defensive play depending on opposition. If you are struggling to pick between direct and short passing, let your coaches decide for you by their preferences or hire coaches who suit your preferences. I have generally found that having an Assistant Manager who shares your philosophy is only ever a good thing. I have also had teams with exceptional individual quality who played shit if none of my coaches had a preference for my current formation and style of play.

NOTE: There is nothing wrong with using counter-attack and/or men-behind-ball. I like these tactics specifically during European games when I am ahead or in a position I wish to keep (say score draw away from home or 3-0 at home). If you use these tactics you should remove pressing and possibly off-side trap too (match stats dependent).

I have used these tactics successfully for world dominating teams and even rotated to two CBs for a season. Using 3 CBs and a single AMC always requires a more ad-hoc managerial approach than say running Mourinho's 4-1-4-1/4-5-1 or Barca/Madrid with 3 strikers.

It's essential you have outstanding WBs, at least 2 outstanding DMCs, at least 2 outstanding CBs and an outstanding SC to make these tactics work against big teams.
    Last edited by LeVoyeur; 11-11-15 at 05:50 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LeVoyeur For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What evidence is there for Determination being so critical? I'm not disagreeing with its importance, I'm just wondering how and when it was discovered to be so crucial.

vCash
    Or:

1) Buy Reyad
    2) Build a shelf for your trophies

Thanks for the guide!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorplatt View Post
    What evidence is there for Determination being so critical? I'm not disagreeing with its importance, I'm just wondering how and when it was discovered to be so crucial.
    I know that determination determines how fast players get better attributes in training. How it influence field performance, dunno.

Also someone mentioned importance of stamina and I must agree. Especially when I play in lower leagues I put every player with stamina <15 on maximum fitness training. 15 is usually enough to play full match and recover to 100% condition in 3-4 days except wingbacks and wingers (they need about 17-18).

http://scr.hu/0gcl/m19qc
    http://scr.hu/0gcl/azk5y
    http://scr.hu/0gcl/oos4p

Don't worry, these schedules won't make players lose their condition.*

*if they got natural fitness hidden attribute >10 (not 100% sure)
    Last edited by teh1234; 16-11-15 at 04:38 AM.

vCash
    Can't tell either, but I remember even around 2002-2003, it was known that players with determination were in general good/very good.
    And most of the cheated players like Reyad, Tsigalko,... have very very high determination

vCash
    This is a good thread to read through. Good food for thought!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123