Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best / favourite tactic in full playing mode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    Which formation would you consider to be the most effective? I've been trying to wib wob all sorts of formations but I haven't found the key yet..
    Well - I think I have done enough damage already.

Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Keep it to yourself Tapani, if you create a tactic that beats Iodine consistently, I will never play this game again
    You mean release there. Careful how you word things ... would hate to lose you around here ;-)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tapani For This Useful Post:

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    For my own knowledge I'd like to know which formation is the most effective, by which I mean is it 4141 or 433 or 3511, etc. I've tried various combinations but haven't hit the sweet spot.

vCash
    Tapani, just a question as you seem to know this game inside out and probably better than the guys at SI ever did.. Is it possible to create a truly unbeatable tactic? 100 % win rate guaranteed?

I am never satisfied with my tactics, always adjusting and tinkering in search for perfection. It would be nice to know if there is a "holy grail" of invincibility buried deep down in the settings..
    Last edited by JLa; 23-02-16 at 08:59 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As a person unhealthy addicted to winning in CM i would love to have a tactic with a 100 % win rate because on my latest save i broke my mouse after throwing it against the wall after losing a game 1-0 on a own goal having 28 shots on goal. I am 35 and a i know its just a game but sometimes i drives me absolutely crazy.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to piotrrybak For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    For my own knowledge I'd like to know which formation is the most effective, by which I mean is it 4141 or 433 or 3511, etc. I've tried various combinations but haven't hit the sweet spot.
    I think he has answered you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    Tapani, just a question as you seem to know this game inside out and probably better than the guys at SI ever did.. Is it possible to create a truly unbeatable tactic? 100 % win rate guaranteed?

I am never satisfied with my tactics, always adjusting and tinkering in search for perfection. It would be nice to know if there is a "holy grail" of invincibility buried deep down in the settings..
    I don't know. Where the limit of tactics performance lies, is still unknown to me.

vCash
    Hi Tapani, I would have a question for you. Do you ever released a 4-3-3 tactic? I see that you released your 4-1-4-1 that I often use in my seasons with some adjustments by me and your 4-4-2 that I tried sometimes but I don't like to play with two strikers. I ask you if you ever released a 4-3-3 tactic because I try very often creating it but I have always problems with the positions of the three strikers in the WIB/WOB screens to succeed in letting them score loads of goals. Most of the times the central striker scores quite lot but the others two score very few goals. So if you can help me by releasing a tactic like 4-3-3 or an other type of tactic with three strikers I'm very grateful to you. Thanks

p.s. Sorry for my very bad english

vCash
    No, he did not release 433 (unless we count harder AI tactics - but that was not released).

Getting 433 to work and strikers to score same amount of goals? Can be achievable, but... Will need some time to fine tune (though you won't get them to score 100+ goals each, forget it ).

Experiment. Tinker. Use your brain. That's how it should be... People forgot this I guess. iodine/442_tapani6e happened and tactics became a mess (yes, me included - I borrow a lot ) .

vCash
    The "Norge" tactic is my favorite by far. After a few seasons when you have built your squad you are nearly invincible - you hardly ever concede!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uffi69 View Post
    Hi Tapani, I would have a question for you. Do you ever released a 4-3-3 tactic? I see that you released your 4-1-4-1 that I often use in my seasons with some adjustments by me and your 4-4-2 that I tried sometimes but I don't like to play with two strikers. I ask you if you ever released a 4-3-3 tactic because I try very often creating it but I have always problems with the positions of the three strikers in the WIB/WOB screens to succeed in letting them score loads of goals. Most of the times the central striker scores quite lot but the others two score very few goals. So if you can help me by releasing a tactic like 4-3-3 or an other type of tactic with three strikers I'm very grateful to you. Thanks

p.s. Sorry for my very bad english
    Never succeeded in making attacking tactics. The top scoring tactics in my benchmarks are made by others.

vCash
    Spoiler!

Out of interest have you tested Norge on you wee list?

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Out of interest have you tested Norge on you wee list?
    That list was done by Tapani who ran 200 tests per tactic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAnt View Post
    Best ever? Well this is one of the best I have created myself (heavily influenced by tactics like Norge and Iondine).

Two things that I must have in my tactic:
    * Only one DC. I've always felt like using two central defenders is a waste of offensive firepower. So the idea is to use one player as a hybrid between DC and DMC. DC when defending and DMC when attacking.
    * No wingers. I want my fullbacks to do the work down both flanks when attacking.

This is my latest creation, the 4th version of my so called revamp-tactic, this one is therefore called revamp4. Looks like this:

Only tested it playing myself two seasons with Juventus. Against the best teams I sometimes change mentality to normal instead of attacking:

And some holidaying:

The key position is the DC/DMC. Players like Varane, De Rossi, Mascherano, Khedira, Matic and Javi Martinez are excellent for this position. 4+ tackles per game on average is minimum.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hqwjzt

Oh, and I've tested it with de Graafschap. Not too impressive, 81.9 avr (10 seasons).
    Great tactic, thank you dude! )

vCash

BAGÉ

I just "ruined" the game for myself hahaha.

I managed to create this tct:

and my awfull club take some incredible results in only four seasons.

Brazilian First dvision historical campaign:

World Club Cup Victory:

Winning almost everything:

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maragato For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That's awesome! 😂

vCash
    Interesting! I once made a 2-2-2-2-2 but I just tested it holidaying and it didn't go very well with de Graafschap. Did you wibwob it?

vCash
    The concept isn't new. Anyone remembers Dagger tactic? It used same principle and according to centralised myth, it should be absolute nightmare for AI when wib/wob correctly .

However, I do remember Dagger to go like this:

DC DC
    DMC
    MC MC
    AMC AMC AMC
    SC SC

After all it covers all crucial positions and has most important aspect of them all: packed midfield...
    Last edited by info0; 06-03-16 at 01:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAnt View Post
    Interesting! I once made a 2-2-2-2-2 but I just tested it holidaying and it didn't go very well with de Graafschap. Did you wibwob it?
    Its completely wibwobed. In general, its a adaptation of some iodines "tweaked" tactics, like CF and I need passing, with the old centralized ideas, like Vaugham SW23311 (my preffered tactic ever).

The interesting fact, that i think is the most original from my own experience, is that the two MCs are the key players, that score more goals and make more assistances. The fowards get good notes, 8 or 9, everytime, but score a few goals per season. Its because the positions of offensive field are a mess, a change everyone of original places (the right MC is the real centerfowardm some like that).

I still trying to make a stronger defensive set-up. I can manage beat the highest top scores of OTL, but my Graafschap conceed alot of goals.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maragato For This Useful Post:

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Can anyone name any classic tactics that they remember being amazing?

I'm talking tactics before iodine existed. I want to add them to the Alternative Tactic League.

vCash
    Can anyone name any classic tactics that they remember being amazing?

I'm talking tactics before iodine existed. I want to add them to the Alternative Tactic League.
    442Baz, Birdfoot come to mind

Craig Forrest is online now Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    442Baz is one of my stand-bys..... I used to use it all the time before I knew how to make my own

vCash
    SergOff_v2, Shiza2, 442_Stein (or how you write it xD), Ruru_21331. Pre-iodine era

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurishi View Post
    442Baz, Birdfoot come to mind
    Birdfoot was incredibly water tight wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    442Baz is one of my stand-bys..... I used to use it all the time before I knew how to make my own
    Was this made by our Baz or a different one?

Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    SergOff_v2, Shiza2, 442_Stein (or how you write it xD), Ruru_21331. Pre-iodine era
    Shiza2! Now that one was a killer.

vCash
    Nah, it's common misconception. Baz was a different guy .

30. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Birdfoot was incredibly water tight wasn't it?
    It was. I wouldn't expect any of those to come close to competing with Iodine though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast