Thread: Need tactics help! (CM03-04)

vCash

Need tactics help! (CM03-04)

Hi all,

Felt like trying this old game out, but I suck at it with Chelsea (and Inter). I like my teams well organised, rigid/solid, with high workrate, determination, and physicals like strength, tackling and counter attacking on. Usually in a 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 kind of formation

But it isn't working out like in other CM games.

And it doesn't let you see opponents team instructions and tactics, just their formation

Would appreciate any team instructions, and tactical help how to win matches!

(oh and any other tips and advice about the game would be useful as its the first time playing it, like how much to offer for a player, and contracts ... etc etc)

vCash
    Surely you are having a giraffe? Have you not heard of Diablo for 0304? Probably the most famous tactic in history of CM/FM

vCash
    343_scramjet. Sadly best formation for this game is not longer obtainable. PB_ToOn.

Both of them wiped the floor in CM0304 lol. Diablo was paling in comparison .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Making a killer tactic in cm0304 is quite easy. It involves two strikers and one central midfielder. Make sure the left striker have an arrow pointing left and the right striker have an arrow pointing right. Then make a long arrow from your MC pointing upwards between your two strikers. That player would score a shitload of goals.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicAnt For This Useful Post:

vCash
    LINK OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN?!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    LINK OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN?!!
    Haven't played cm0304 for years and all that remains on my laptop is a few screenshots..

vCash

Here is how Scramjet looked like. Only got pic of it...

But damn it was a beast tactic for cm0304 lol.

Actually... Lucky you. I did have it stored:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd...y_scramjet.zip

GK: standard

SW and DC: Heading and Pace must be over 15 and good anticipation, marking etc. De la Cuesta, Mexes, Albrechtsen, Titus Bramble, Darren kenton I've used.

ML, MR: Heading, pace are the main ones. Edu, Valery Mezague, Nigel De Jong, Nieuwenburg, Maxwell I've used.

DMC: Heading, pace again mainly. Just your normal DMC character. I've used Abubakari Yakubu and Vieira.

MC: I use an attacking player there with good pace, dribbling, flair etc and it helps if his heading is quite high like Diego and I've used Dickson Etuhu there.

FL/C: Heading, Pace, preferably left footed. I've used Boukhari, Thierry Henry, Yakubu (the Portsmouth one).

FC: Put your best header of the ball here but obviously it helps if he is also quick. I've used Ibrahimovic, Julio Ricardo Cruz, Rigano, Kim Dong-Hyun.

FR: Pace, Finishing, Off the ball. Robinho, Tsigalko types. I've used both those two plus Jermaine Pennant, Robert Pires, Benjamin Lauth.

A few more things:

1. As for changing things for wet weather, change the passing of the DCs to mixed.
    2. Have you changed the hold up ball instruction from one winger to the other? If you've mirrored the tactic but left this instruction on the other winger then it won't work as well.
    3. Finally, if none of that works try the ordinary Scramjet with no tweaks and mirroring, and see if that works better.

I hope you can win a match with it at least. Also bear it mind it can take time to adapt to your team. I was drawing/losing when I started with Arsenal, but after 5/6 games or so I started winning, then it goes from strength to strength and you start thrashing opponents. Hope it works!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post

Here is how Scramjet looked like. Only got pic of it...

But damn it was a beast tactic for cm0304 lol.

Actually... Lucky you. I did have it stored:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd...y_scramjet.zip

GK: standard

SW and DC: Heading and Pace must be over 15 and good anticipation, marking etc. De la Cuesta, Mexes, Albrechtsen, Titus Bramble, Darren kenton I've used.

ML, MR: Heading, pace are the main ones. Edu, Valery Mezague, Nigel De Jong, Nieuwenburg, Maxwell I've used.

DMC: Heading, pace again mainly. Just your normal DMC character. I've used Abubakari Yakubu and Vieira.

MC: I use an attacking player there with good pace, dribbling, flair etc and it helps if his heading is quite high like Diego and I've used Dickson Etuhu there.

FL/C: Heading, Pace, preferably left footed. I've used Boukhari, Thierry Henry, Yakubu (the Portsmouth one).

FC: Put your best header of the ball here but obviously it helps if he is also quick. I've used Ibrahimovic, Julio Ricardo Cruz, Rigano, Kim Dong-Hyun.

FR: Pace, Finishing, Off the ball. Robinho, Tsigalko types. I've used both those two plus Jermaine Pennant, Robert Pires, Benjamin Lauth.

A few more things:

1. As for changing things for wet weather, change the passing of the DCs to mixed.
    2. Have you changed the hold up ball instruction from one winger to the other? If you've mirrored the tactic but left this instruction on the other winger then it won't work as well.
    3. Finally, if none of that works try the ordinary Scramjet with no tweaks and mirroring, and see if that works better.

I hope you can win a match with it at least. Also bear it mind it can take time to adapt to your team. I was drawing/losing when I started with Arsenal, but after 5/6 games or so I started winning, then it goes from strength to strength and you start thrashing opponents. Hope it works!
    Awesome, cheers info0 in case you miss my shoutbox post regarding this I said - cheers for scramjet info0, top find on your pc. when i start drinking again that will be used on a new 0304 game

vCash
    I rate it nr 2. Sadly nr 1 I cannot find anywhere. Searched mails and sites. PB_ToOn made by Paul Buxton. It was THE best tactic I used for this game. Solid as a rock.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    I rate it nr 2. Sadly nr 1 I cannot find anywhere. Searched mails and sites. PB_ToOn made by Paul Buxton. It was THE best tactic I used for this game. Solid as a rock.
    One of our forum members has posted PB_ToOn tactis three years ago.

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread...746#post119746

The problems are that the link expired and I can not sent PM to EL-TOPPO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by probs View Post
    One of our forum members has posted PB_ToOn tactis three years ago.

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread...746#post119746

The problems are that the link expired and I can not sent PM to EL-TOPPO.

No longer have this.. Cant find it amongst all my folders of cm junk. Sorry

vCash
    If I remember it wasn't a link to a tactic but a piss take with link to a cartoon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    If I remember it wasn't a link to a tactic but a piss take with link to a cartoon

I'm sure I did find it.. and downloaded it from somewhere then uploaded to sendspace.. I know that PB cartoon thing though, found it myself last night