Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'The Big 6' Network Game..

vCash

'The Big 6' Network Game..

Alright fellas.

I would love to get a network game going for 4-6 people with each of us being one of the Premier League's 'Big 6'.

What I mean by the 'Big 6' is the 6 teams that have the most support and worldwide reputation in England (so please forgive me if fans of other teams are offended! Lol). Those 6 teams in my honest opinion are:

Liverpool
    Manchester United
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Manchester City
    Tottenham Hostspur

It would be great to set times/days each week to get this going. I'm sure things like this have been proposed before and either failed or succeeded, but it would be great to have something like this going on (with the latest data update and Tapani patch).

If you're interested and can genuinely be committed and loyal to this then please state your interest below and we can take it from there.

Kindest regards,

Matt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'The Big 6'

A Championship Manager 01/02 (PC) network game was started on Friday, 11th, March 2016 between 5 players.

This was done using the Tapani 2.21.1 Patch and the October 2015 Data Update.

Matt Tierney (Tierney-LFC-1990) started by managing Liverpool F.C.
    Michael Chambers (Offisde Trap) started by managing Arsenal F.C.
    Pepe Page (PepeP) started by managing Manchester United F.C.
    Terry Yorath (Ian) (London35) started by managing Tottenham Hotspur F.C.
    Janis 89 (Janis89) started by managing Chelsea F.C.

Sir Morten Hauge (mjspurs) then joined the game a little bit later on as manager of Manchester City F.C. with them already having played 11 Premiership games and being in 10th place. (12.11.15 EVE Game Time).

Each player is allowed 4 money player purchases a season and 2 bosmans OR free transfers a season. So a maximum of 6 new players can come to each club per season and 4 must be money player purchases and 2 must be bosmans OR free transfers. There is no limit on loaning players in or out and there is no limit on the number of players you can sell.

No Wib-Wob tactics are allowed and the keeper must be taken off of Wib-Wob before you control your team.

Honours

Matt Tierney (Tierney-LFC-1990)
    Club:
    FA Premier League (2015/16) Champions - Liverpool F.C.
    Charity/Community Shield (2016/17) Winners - Liverpool F.C.

Personal:
    FA Premier League (2015/16) Manager Of The Year

Michael Chambers (Offside Trap)

Pepe Page (PepeP)

Terry Yorath (Ian) (London35)
    Club:
    UEFA Cup (2015/16) Winners - Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

Janis 89 (Jan Mathisen) (Janis89)
    Club:
    Charity/Community Shield (2015/16) Winners - Chelsea F.C.
    League Cup (2015/16) Winners - Chelsea F.C.

Sir Morten Hauge (mjspurs)
    Last edited by Tierney-LFC-1990; 21-04-16 at 11:24 PM.

vCash
    I would be interested. What kind of timeslots do you have in mind though?

vCash
    Nice one mate! Well once we have 4 - 6 interested players we can discus that mate and perhaps put it to vote? I want genuine committed players though as this simply won't work without them ingredients

vCash
    Ill give this a go however...

your over reaching with 6 players....give it a go...BUT just a forwarning...

getting all 6 on at the same time will be fine for the first few sessions....then someone will be absent....then a) you have to abandon the game (annoys the ones who turn up...) or b) you put the player on holidays...(whic means player on hols loses interest) and it will happen to more than 1 player at any one time!...

see how it goes but your better off going for a 3 or 4 player (max) game...

vCash
    Ok mate, that's a fair point. If we get 6 committed players then great, if not we'll go for 4.

vCash
    Oi Oi, Now you know Im game for this, our Posh/Gillingham game stays though Matt

Ian - good to see you on this one, but we cant neglect our world record 37 season game

How the hell am I gonna make time to juggle all 3? am sure Ill cope

vCash
    Wahey! Well that's 4. What days/times suits everyone??

vCash
    Is it non wib wob?

vCash
    Yes mate. Forgot to mention that. Non Wib-Wob

vCash
    im cool most evenings...sit with laptop next to me as i watch a bit of telly....7.45 - 11 best for me

vCash
    u need to set yourself a hamachi account and a group in there...easy to chat and sort out stuff then

vCash
    Nice one mate. I've got a Hamatchi account already set up. I think Mike (Offside_Trap) said he didn't mind hosting it, so maybe he can set one up and add us all in.

vCash
    Ok, was chatting to Ian, we come with an idea, in order for this to work with multiple people, (but Matt, I dont want you to think Im taking over) you need a basis of rules, few of which have already been mentioned. The biggest issue which deflates this type of game, is searching for players/bids etc.. but in the list below, a few restrictions will prevent that. Who knows, this may work, and it may not, but if dont, we cant get too pissed off about it as it is tough. I'd love for it to work, but it can be so so hard getting everyone on at the same time. Communication is also very key, they'll be times where 1 of us cant make it, after all, some of us work, have kids, and other commitments, so it's just not always possible, so respect is also key. In fairness, my other network game with Pepe and Ian hasn't reached season 37 without a few flaws here and there. Few breaks here and there. Something that does occur, 1 of us may get booted, easy enough if this happens, just come back into the game as you would normally. Should you get booted during a game which can also happen, sometimes you cant get back in, and on occasion, we sometimes have to reload the game, the most we lose is a week on the CM date, as I will have weekly save on. In our 37 seasons, it's prob happened 6-8 times or so.

So, the list, and anyone, feel free to add/delete/amend

Choose 1 of the Big 6 or any other team in top flight, first come first serve, (Matt will be Liverpool)

Use the most recent update available and also the upto date Tapni (2.21)

No Wib/Wob, (note - always check your keeper isn't wibwob on defaulted tactics)

Maximum of 4 transfers per season, weather they come before end of Aug or during the Jan window.
    (Bosmans count as a transfer, this limit will speed up the game rapidly, as searching players is the biggest time killer. It means we as managers need to be careful who we decide on buying, and of course selling. Players promoted via Youth Setup DONT count, as I feel this is random IMO so if you get the odd 1 or 2, then bonus)

Agree on a time to suit all where we can. Sessions dont need to be long, just consistent. (for me, 8pm for an hour can work)

Use the CM Chat, as maximum in hamachi groups gets exceeded so despite having multiple groups(which I've setup btw) at least using CM Chat we all talk generically

Its all good fun, and its all banter, so no offence to be taken, all light-hearted

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm in if its from 9.00 pm

vCash
    Mike, I'm absolutely fine with you taking over mate . I'd rather you took control as you know how it all works better than I do, but yeah them rules sound perfect to me and will get the game flowing nicely!

vCash
    JonasAjax, Janis89, tembo_86 how serious are you about doing this? You need to be commuted and reliable and I'm sure you all are, just need to make sure otherwise this won't work. So if your not deadly serious and don't think you can commit then nows the time to say.

vCash
    8pm or 9pm onwards on any day/days except for Monday's and Thursday's would suit me perfectly.
    Last edited by Tierney-LFC-1990; 09-03-16 at 08:45 AM.

vCash
    Oh Yeah, Mondays I do football too

vCash
    Most days from 8pm suits me this and the next week. After that I might be back in training and won`t be able to make it before 9pm some days.

I`ll take Chelsea

vCash
    Ok mate, join the hamachi group that I pm you, and we'l go from there

vCash
    Yes most days from 8PM/9PM should be fine. Tuesday is the most certain for me.

vCash
    Brilliant lads! Sounds like 9pm would be a good time to start this. Would people rather wait for the Spring Update in a few weeks team or just crack on with it soon?

vCash
    crack on

vCash
    I'm happy to crack on too if people wanna start soon

vCash
    I'm in, but it has to be 9.pm for me.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast