Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: That boy Trunky is a bit tasty...

vCash
    Still playing great when given the chance and as Graeme said - keep plugging away!

Nice to see Kenneth give you and Stephanie space - I thought the fecker might try and mess things up!

Wednesday on a roll!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The date was an absolute disaster, for me anyway. Stephanie was, as usual, lovely, but I was quite miserable throughout it. I moaned during the meal, I complained about the film, an action film that I had chosen, and I was surly on the way home. For all my unhappiness though, Stephanie didn't seem to notice. She smiled throughout, held my hand often and gave me a stunning kiss at the end of the evening, promising to call. I walked home thoroughly upset with myself. What an idiot I had been. I vowed to call in the morning to apologise.

I didn't call in the morning. I had slept badly, worried about my actions the night before, and didn't find the courage to ring her. Instead I stayed in bed until Kenneth, sensing I was a bit down, came charging in, threw water on me and charged out shouting that I needed to be ready in 20 minutes as we were "going out you miserable twat."

I trained twice as hard on Monday morning, determined to impress. Graeme took me to one side after the session and explained to me that I needed to relax a bit more. My time would come. "Your time will come", he said. I rang Stephanie in the afternoon determined to explain my miserableness on Saturday. She answered with a smile in her voice, told me not to worry and asked if I wanted to meet her during the week. "Do you want to meet during the week?" she asked. I immediately accepted. As we didn't have a game until Friday night we agreed to meet on the Wednesday.

I relaxed in training on Tuesday and Wednesday, playing with a smile on my face, and really enjoying myself. The Boss took me and Kenneth to one side after the session and explained that although he thought we were good enough for the first team he was trying not to let us burn out. "I'm trying to not let you burn out", he said. We both nodded as though we understood but when we were at home in the afternoon we both agreed that we wanted to play every game. I met Stephanie for coffee later on after she had finished work. She looked lovely. We kissed as a greeting. I blushed. She laughed and asked how training had been. "How's training been?" she said. We chatted for another hour or so before she said she had to go home. We kissed again and made a date for Saturday night. "My choice in films", she shouted at me from across the road as she wandered off. I laughed.

Friday nights game as a local derby, away at Rotherham. Both myself and Kenneth had made the bench. The match kicked off in blustery conditions. Rotherham adapted to the wind almost immediately and scored after 4 minutes. It took us a while to get into the game but for the rest of the half it was all Wednesday. It was no surprise when we equalised but it was a surprise who the scorer was. Bjarnason, our towering Icelandic centre half, scored his first of the season with a thunderous volley.

At half time the Boss told the team to continue playing well and the chances will come. "The chances will come", he said. We kicked off and Sibon had a great chance to score but missed. The Boss suddenly told me I was going on in place of Espinal on the left wing. I though I played well. I passed the ball to feet, won a couple of tackles and had a few runs down the wing. Unfortunately Rotherham scored another goal, against the run of play, and this turned out to be the winner. Kenneth even got a small run out near the end but to no avail.

The dressing room was a bit down after the game with the Boss trying to keep the mood light by telling us we had played well and deserved more but we were all upset with the loss.

Kenneth watched me polish my shoes on Saturday evening without comment. We had grown close now, mates, very good friends even, and although he still tried to make me blush with the odd comment, it was good natured. The date itself was good. The film was awful. A Romcom full of people making bad decisions for most of the film before finally seeing sense at the end which made Stephanie weep a little. I gave her a small squeeze and she cuddled up. Later, after a lovely meal in which we chatted for ages about nothing, she gave me a huge kiss and thanked me for a lovely night. "Thank you for a lovely night", she said. I walked home on cloud nine.

After a good weeks training I found out that I had made the bench again for the home tie against Stockport. Kenneth congratulated me even though he had been picked for the reserves. The game itself was an easy affair and by half time we were 2-0 up and playing against 10 men. I had even been brought on to replace Di Piedi upfront. As I ran onto the pitch, Graeme raised his eyebrows at me and I gave him a small shrug of my shoulders. To be honest I was confused as to why I had been put on, especially as we had two forwards on the bench, but once again gave it my all. We scored another in the second half, nothing to do with me, and the game petered out after this.

We had a week away after this result, team building as the Boss called. We went to a small beach side hotel on the North Yorkshire coast and I found myself rooming with Kenneth. The week was filled with training on the beach, going for runs in the narrow country lanes and taking over the bar of the local pub in the evenings. As a team building exercise it was fantastic. I spoke to Stephanie a few times but it was difficult to speak to her without blushing as my lovely team mates constantly tried to join in. After I had spoken to her and arranged a date for Saturday after the Chesterfield game, my team mates gave a loud cheer when I had said yes and several of them, Kenneth included, made kissing noises. As I hung up, to a chorus of "I love you" shouts, I could hear Stephanie laughing. I blushed again.

I was once again on the bench, although this time joined by Kenneth. The game itself had everything. Three penalties, a sending off and end to end action. Unfortunately it was one of our players who received his marching orders, Ryan Williams, we lost the game 4-3 and I didn't get on. Their winner came in the 89th minute which completely deflated the whole team. The coach was silent on the way back to Sheffield. It was a hard defeat to accept.

I hoped my disappointment in the match and not getting on wouldn't spoil my date with Stephanie later that night.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good to see this making a comeback!

trunky still not getting a lot of action off the pitch, good job he's being kept busy off it then!
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good to see this back!

Going well with Stephanie

A few bad results there - last min goal in last game a killer

Not far from play offs though

Seems like you're bedding in well in training and being given the chance so injuries/suspensions should see more game time

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Although the game was a disaster, mainly for the loss, but also because I didn't get on the pitch, the date itself that night was a good one. I took Stephanie to see a movie, I can't remember the name of it as it was the standard formulaic boy meets girl, girl moves away, boy feels his heart has broken, girl has several boyfriends before realising her mistake and moves back and sets up home with boy's Father, completely rubbing his nose in it, but throughout it Steph cuddled up to me constantly. Things seem a lot easier now, we laugh, joke together, hold hands at appropriate moments and not all the time. We are very comfortable with each other. After the film had ended I walked her home and we kissed. A proper kiss. Tongues and everything. I invited her to watch the match on Wednesday and she accepted.

I enjoyed training on the Monday and even though we had a league game against Tottenham in two days time we didn't take it easy. I think the manager was impressed with my commitment. "I'm impressed with your commitment trunky lad", he told me. It still made no difference to his team selections though as I was on the bench again. Kenneth had been dropped to the reserves but seemed happy enough. I tried not to mention it when we sat at home watching television on the Tuesday night. Much. In the end he threw a cushion at my head. We both grinned at each other.

Nearly thirty thousand fans had turned up for our home game against Spurs. I had spent some time warming up with the team and even signed a few autographs with the fans at the side of the tunnel before taking my place on the bench and looking around the stadium. Hillsborough was packed. And the noise! This was one of the reasons why I wanted to be a professional footballer.

The game itself was incident packed with a few goals, a few injuries and end to end football. Spurs took the lead in the 29th minute with a goal from a corner much to the dismay of the home crowd. We equalised a few minutes later with Donnelly scoring from a knockdown by llola. Despite a few chances for each side I took my place in the dressing room at half time with the score at 1-1. The boss told the team to go out and carry on as they were playing, the chances would come our way. The team did just that until an injury to Gudmundsson meant that I was doing a quick warm up before taking my place in central midfield. I even heard a small cheer when I ran on. A couple of minutes later I crossed the ball from the left wing for Alan Quinn to knock in. 2-1 up and another assist. I punched the air before being mobbed by my team mates. I looked for Stephanie but couldn't see her. We had a few other chances after that but the game ended 2-1.

I showered and then met up with Stephanie in the players lounge. There were no more wolf whistles and crass comments as I introduced her as my girlfriend to my team mates. Even Kenneth was very well behaved. The manager came over and congratulated me for my assist and general play in the match. I thanked him and he smiled before turning to Steph and politely shaking her hand. "Don't wear him out young lady", he said before winking and wandering off. I went bright red. Steph laughed. God how I loved that laugh.

Next up was another home fixture, this time against Wigan Athletic, on the following Saturday. We had all been called into a team meeting on Thursday afternoon where the Boss ran over a few things. One of them being my inclusion into the starting lineup. Kenneth had also been promoted onto the bench. We both grinned at each other. Apparently Gudmundsson had been moved into a more forward role and I had slotted into centre midfield replacing Di Piedi. I looked around. He wasn't even on the bench. I was told to "get stuck in" and "provide passes to our wingers".

The match against Wigan wasn't as packed as the previous game, not surprising as they were near the bottom of the table, but I still got the same buzz as I had the previous Wednesday. Stephanie was once again in the crowd as it seemed she had a lovely time at the Spurs game. The match itself was another good game but one we controlled from the start, going 3-0 up within 30 minutes with goals from Quinn, Wilcox and Gudmundsson. Although I didn't score or set up any goals I did have a wild shot that their goal keeper palmed away. Wigan got a goal back in the second half but that was it. We came off the pitch beaming. It was disappointing not to get a clean sheet but we had won, and won well.

More importantly, this win moved us up into 5th in the table, although a few points away from the teams above us. It also meant that I had played another full game for Wednesday.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Have you enjoyed your 3 month break?

Good to see this back though. Looks like young trunky is getting popular now if he's signing autographs!

Excellent cameo against Spurs, nice to register an assist! Nice to see the reward of a start in the next game and an 8 rating! Surely will stay in the team now?!
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Have you enjoyed your 3 month break?

Good to see this back though. Looks like young trunky is getting popular now if he's signing autographs!

Excellent cameo against Spurs, nice to register an assist! Nice to see the reward of a start in the next game and an 8 rating! Surely will stay in the team now?!
    I'm a busy man!

Judging by past exploits I wouldn't be surprised if trunky gets dropped!

vCash
    Tongues

Steph as well - is that the first time you've called her the shortened version?!

A fine couple of wins for Wednesday and Trunky's development!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Tongues

Steph as well - is that the first time you've called her the shortened version?!

A fine couple of wins for Wednesday and Trunky's development!
    It is the first time, very observant 😁

Things might move forward in the Steph development...

vCash
    I had glanced at the schedule for December and was a bit disappointed that their was no winter break. This mean't that I wouldn't be going home for Christmas. I was unsure about this as it would have been my first one away from my family. I spoke to Kenneth about this and he raised an eyebrow before calling me a "gayer." When I met Steph later on that evening she listened to my tale of woe and then asked if I fancied spending Christmas Day with her and her family. This got me thinking. I hadn't met any of them yet. Although in my head I thought our relationship was serious I hadn't realised that Steph felt the same way. I said yes straight away. She smiled, gave me a hug and changed the subject.

Later on, after I had told Kenneth about my Christmas plans, he accused me of forgetting about him. We were best mates. Two Swedes stuck in a foreign country. Supposedly together. And I had now abandoned him. He then stormed out. I sat looking at the door he had slammed. I hadn't thought about Kenneth.

A week after our win at home against Wigan we travelled down to Reading. I had been relegated to the bench, much to my shock, especially after my performance in the previous game. Kenneth was also on the bench and although he was now talking to me, you could tell that he still held some resentment. The manager seemed to have been proved right about his team decisions though as we raced into a 2-0 lead and held that until half time. Reading pulled a goal back in the 2nd half and I came on for Alan Quinn in the 76th minute. On the left wing. The manager told me to do my best. "Do your best Trunky", he said. So I did. Unfortunately it wasn't enough as Reading equalised in the 88th minute.

I was disappointed with my performance. The whole Kenneth thing had been praying on my mind so I vowed to work harder in training to take my mind off it. After Tuesday's session Graeme came up to me and said he had noticed my effort but told me to take it easier. There was no need to wear myself out. "There's no need to wear yourself out Trunky", he said.

I met Steph for a coffee on Thursday and after she had asked me what was on my mind I told her. "Simple", she said, "We can invite him round my parents as well." So we did. He said no at first but then smiled and accepted hugging Steph a little too much for my liking afterwards.

We played Leicester at home on the Saturday and once again I found myself on the bench. I found this hard to take if I was being honest but once again Graeme came to the rescue explaining that I was young and still learning the trade. My time would come.

I didn't get on the pitch at all as Kenneth got a run out instead. He played well and we won 2-0. A very professional performance the manager called it.

Another whole week in between games meant that we could train and rest in the right manner for our next match, at home against Millwall. Once again I was on the bench but Kenneth had dropped down to the reserves. We took the lead in the 16th minute through Gudmundsson before Millwall equalised in the 33rd minute. Right after they had scored I came on as a very early substitute for our Icelandic centre half Bjarnason. "Great", I thought, "Another game, another position" but this time I felt comfortable. I even won a couple of headers much to the amusement of my team mates. After 57 minutes Gudmundsson scored from a Le Saux cross and we had taken the lead. I was enjoying myself now and near the end I passed to Graeme who crossed for Williams to net our third.

The dressing room was a very happy place to be after the match. We had climbed up to 5th in the table and were playing well. Even the manager was beaming from ear to ear. Willie Donachie, the assistant manager, said this was quite a rare thing. We all laughed. The Manager then told us to go home, take a break from football, enjoy the Christmas festivities, but not too much, and try and relax as our next game was on Boxing Day against fellow promotion hopefuls Chrystal Palace.

Later on that night as me and Kenneth watched the highlight show and he had moaned about me playing in his position for the 20th time the subject of Christmas Day came up.

"Have you met her parents?" he asked.

"Nope." I replied, before staring at the television hoping that Kenneth couldn't see the horror that I was feeling inside. I was going to meet her parents. On Christmas Day.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Massive meeting her folks on xmas day - eek!

You buying them them and Steph any gifts?

She Wed going great guns on the picth - bit of a quiet spell for you and Kenneth but team doing well. Good to see you are in manager thoughts consistenatly on bench if not in the team. Bit of a kick in the nads for Kenneth being dropped from matchday squad

Sheff Wed still in any cups?

vCash
    Knocked out of the League Cup by Hull in round 2. F.A Cup starts in January against Leicester.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Give trunky enough game time, he will perform! Can't believe he got dropped and then only given 14 minutes!

Bet Kenneth makes meeting her parents an absolute nightmare
    The Alphabet Game

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I bet he does as well!

vCash
    "Do They Know It's Christmas?" sang a collection of musical stars and Simon Le Bon. Trunky Draper most certainly knew it was Christmas. Sitting opposite him was his best friend, Kenneth Gustavsson, wearing a red crown made out of paper. He was grinning madly whilst trying to eat a Brussel sprout. To his left was another man. A man who he had met just a few hours ago. A man who he had shaken hands with. A man who had a bear like grip. A man who referred to his daughter as "Daddies Little Princess." The "Princess" in question was Trunky's girlfriend. Stephanie. Definitely not Steph. Especially not round this table. Especially not in front of her Dad. This was one of the reasons why Kenneth was grinning like a demented clown. Bob, or "Robert to you young man", was a huge, bald headed behemoth of a man. When he laughed the whole room seemed to laugh. Him and Kenneth were getting along very well. Trunky not so. It was the small things that led Trunky to believe this. The pat on the back, the softer grip when they shook hands, the laughing at each others jokes and the insistence that Kenneth should "call me Bob, it's what all my friends do."

Trunky felt the small hand of his girlfriend curl round his under the table. It gave him a small squeeze. He smiled. Steph's Mum, Susan, smiled at him and asked if he wanted anything else to eat. "Do you want anything else to eat Trunky", she asked. I didn't. I was very full. In Sweden we celebrate Christmas on the 24th of December so last night Kenneth and I had eaten our way through every bit of food we had bought from Ikea. A smorgasbord of ham and pork sausage. Pickled herring. Lutfisk. Potatoes and rye bread. And meatballs. Lots of lovely meatballs. Today I didn't feel like eating. I was unsure about the brussel sprouts, although Kenneth seemed to enjoy them, and the bread sauce seemed very suspicious.

Another huge laughter boomed away to my left as Steph's Dad, and I'm going to continue to call her that even if he is twice my size, and Kenneth shared another joke. Steph squeezed my hand again. I smiled again and reached for my drink knocking it into the bowl of the suspicious looking sauce. Robert stopped laughing for a brief second to glare at me before continuing his animated chat with my team mate. I had a feeling it was going to be a long day.

Later that night, as we sat watching the television back at our house, I looked back on the day. It had been a total disaster right from the start but at least I had met Steph's family. I had bought her a Swedish jumper and she had bought me a nice watch. "Sailors wear them", she had said. Kenneth sniggered.

Our next match was on Boxing Day, whatever that means, and it was away at Crystal Palace. Due to us having Christmas Day off we travelled down on the day of the match. It took 4 hours but we passed the time playing cards whilst listening to music. The ground itself was small but full with fans in festive spirit. Kenneth hadn't made the trip, instead playing with the reserves, and I had once again only made the bench. I wasn't to disheartened though as a few of the senior professionals had spoken to me on the way down, telling me I was only just turned 20, had a lot to learn, but that I would one day be the first name on any team sheet. Graeme even told me to watch and learn from the seasoned pros. "Watch and learn from the seasoned pros Trunky", he had said. So I did.

We dominated the game but it wasn't until the 45th minute that we got our reward, with Graeme finding the net after a well worked goal. Within 3 minutes of the restart I was on, replacing an injured Espinal on the left wing. It was nice to play just in front of Graeme and he helped out a lot, talking to me constantly. I even managed to cover for him at left back and make a decent tackle, saving his blushes. We continued to dominate the game but didn't add to the score. Still, we had won 1-0 and had moved up to 4th in the table. The dressing room was buzzing after the game especially when the Chairman of the club wandered in and announced that we were all staying over night in a posh central London hotel. "Happy Christmas" he shouted before leaving. We cheered.

Later that night I rang Steph. We chatted about the game and I thanked her for my present smiling to myself when I looked at it on my wrist. She thanked me for her jumper and said that her Mum had commentated that I seemed "A lovely young man." I didn't ask her what her Dad said about me. I could guess.

It might have been the amount of food we had consumed over the past few days or the fact that we let our hair down a bit in the London hotel but the last match of the year, at home to Brighton, was a bit of a let down. Sure we had taken the lead, through Gudmundsson, with his 13th of the season, but Brighton then equalised before, in the second half, taking the lead through their young English talent, Bobby Zamora. I did come off the bench, but it was in the 87th minute, and at centre half. The loss meant we had slipped down a spot in the table, to 5th, but we were still in the hunt for an automatic promotion place.

After the match I met Steph in a little Italian restaurant and we ate, drank a little wine and chatted freely about the last few days. She confessed that she had missed me whilst I was away in London but loved seeing me at Christmas. I confessed the same and we both blushed slightly. She then asked me what my plans were for New Years Eve. I had none as we had an important game the next day, the Sheffield Derby. After I had explained the importance and that fact that we were not actually playing Derby I walked her home, careful not to make too much noise at the door in case her Dad heard us. We kissed. I walked home. Happy.

After a very quiet New Years Eve sat at home watching films with Kenneth we both made our way to the training ground the next morning. It felt strange not being involved with the first team especially as I had played quite a few matches recently but the manager had taken me to one side, explained his reasoning for not including me, I was young, had played a lot of football recently, he wanted to see other players etc etc and told me to report for an hours training in the morning before giving me the rest of the day off.

I watched the Derby in our players bar with the other reserves and youth players. It was a heated affair, as you expect from such an important match, especially as both teams needed the points. Us for promotion and United for the relegation struggles. We took the lead after barely 6 minutes through Ryan Williams with his 11th of the season and held onto that lead until half time. A few minutes before half time, Leigh Bromby, our young centre half, was sent off for a two footed challenge. Being down to ten men meant that the lads struggled in the second half and Sheffield United equalised through their young winger, Danny Byrne. Uinted continued their domination but our defence held firm and we escaped with a 1-1 draw.

The draw meant we had slipped down a place to 6th in the table but still in touch with the leaders.

I went home with Kenneth after the match and we pondered on our year together. From the depths of the Swedish First Division to England and Sheffield. To a girlfriend for a me and first team action for both of us. Next up...the 3rd round of the F.A. Cup.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Left wing, centre half and then dropped! I fear trunky's versatility is going against him!

Either that or Evans is a clown
    The Alphabet Game

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    He's a clown!

I think I might be too versatile...or not as good as I think I am!

vCash
    Would hope to see you come back in after 2 stuttering performances from the team over xmas (and also surely burn out from the team so he needs to rotate?)

Typical protective Dad at the Xmas Dinner - the Mum likes you though which is always the most important thing

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Always good to get in with the Mum!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345