Thread: Club Reputation

vCash

Club Reputation

I just noticed something regarding club reputations.

If I create a club on ODB that has max reputation and put it in the EPL and fill it with brilliant players with an unbelievable striker with insane attributes, including intrisic values of 125 for finishing and movement, and use Iodine, that striker will reguarly score 10 goals a game against other EPL clubs.

However, if I create exact same team with exact same players with same tactic, and put the club into Division 2 and decrease the clubs reputation, then the same player only seems to score 6 goals a game, even though opposition is much weaker. Usually he'd score 6 goals in first half and then do nothing in second half.

It's almost like the game is hard coded to stop him from scoring more because he's playing in a lesser team (reputation wise), which might explain why even when you're using Iodine it's difficult to beat teams by much bigger scorelines in Conference than in Premier League. I've often noticed in the past in Leagues such as Wales and Belgium that my team would race to a 4-0 lead after 20 minutes only to end up winning 4-0.

I always knew the game was hard coded to stop any given team racking up huge scores, but it seems that club reputation has a large influence on what the scoreline needs to be before your players suddenly turn to utter rubbish!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whyme For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Pics or it didn't happen

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    I might upload some screenshots when I have the time, though I don't save all the tests I do so would have to start again.

But it's pretty easy for anyone to do. Just play around with the team reputation, either with pregame editor or the GK editor, and you'll notice that the amount of goals you can score won't be capped as harshly if club reputation is increased.

More specifically I've noticed that it works with lower league teams that use a super tactic but can only win by a capped amount - people who use super tactics in lower leagues would know what I'm talking about, you race to a 4-0 lead after 20 minutes or a 6-0 lead at halftime, then all of a sudden nothing happens, and the game just ticks over to the 90th minute, even if you have world class players playing a team full of greyed out players. By increasing the club reputation the 'cap' is lifted. There will still be a limit but it will be a higher limit.

vCash
    Higher reputation clubs have more demanding fans (except Arsenal of course), more support home and away, as well as a lot more media pressure to excel.

It's not unrealistic that this has been "coded" into the game, if it's true it was actually quite smart from the original programmers.

vCash
    Does a club's reputation go up according to its league position?

I am now coaching Blackburn Rovers and gained promotion and they ended 13th in the Premier League in year two.
    Does that mean the club's reputation has gone up a bit (in the save file)?

vCash
    Pure guess but would rep not be a longer term and more complicated thing? I imagine the last 5 years league/cup finishes, perhaps amount of awards for player of month/season, amount of international players in the squad, could be loads of factors..

What did the guys put Leicester's rep as in the latest db?
    (please also reference this for me as I have never looked at these attributes )

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Leicester City's rep is 15.

vCash
    Bit of a minefield is Club Reputation but this is essentially it:

Club reputation reflects the clubs ability to attract players

It has zero to do with historical performance or the likes i.e. Nottingham Forest winning 2 European Cups in the 80's.

There are some slight nuances though as 2 clubs with the same rep may attract a different calibre (current reputation) based on finances e.g. 2 rep 14 clubs with -500k and 25m in respective bank accounts. In general though a club with rep 14 can attract players with current rep ~140 and below (this is where finances comes into play i.e. buying players with higher CR than 140).

Club rep increases are determined based on a competitions rep. Winning has massively higher reward than 2nd (cups and leagues). Maintaining and slightly improving has marginal increases.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Signing big name players can increase club reputation. When I first started managing the San Marino club team in Italy, I built a shortlist and not one of them was interested in joining. But we still managed to sign Hakan Suker on minimum wage and in the news feed it said something about the jubilant fans gathering outside the training ground to greet him. Then I went back to my shortlist and there were a heap of players interested in joining us

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Whyme For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You sure you hadn't made a big sale beforehand? Finances are usually the big reason you can nab a big name player ahead of other supposed bigger clubs

vCash
    No we didn't have anyone to sell. Well apart from Moroni but there was no way I was selling him! Nobody else was trying to get Sukur which is why we got him. I didn't look in any editors but I'm convinced our club reputation went up. Players all of a sudden wanted to join us despite our wage ceiling not moving.

vCash
    Maybe you won a trophy?

vCash
    Nope, it was before the first season even started when Hakan Sukur is a free agent. San Marino are a tiny club at the beginning so I don't think it should be that bigger surprise that their reputation would increase on the back of signing a superstar like that

vCash
    Nice to know that