Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1078

Thread: Windows 7, 8 & 10 Issues and Queries

vCash
    Cant you click the icon top right of the programme to make it bigger?

vCash
    Hover your mouse over the CM Scout icon to show the instance then give ALT+SPACE a tap, clicking maximise.

Also, have you been pissing about with multiple displays?

vCash

Windows 10 - Game game freezing on Initialising game

Morning all,

Trying to get the new data download up and running. I've encountered an issue though. When now trying to run the game it freezes at just after loading up the player histories on the Initialising game data it freezes.

I've changed the data back to the original and the 3.9.68 version and it loads straight away.

Am I doing something wrong with the new update or is anyone else having the same issues?

vCash
    Hey guys.

I'm seeing many people have the same complaint - "Can't install on windows 10". Now I tried reading all the messages here offering a solution but I can't seem to make it work. I'm getting the same "No memory" message when trying to install, I can't really follow the instructions above since I can't install it to begin with. I tried all kinds of compatibility settings and nothing. I'm about to give up here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomerick View Post
    Hey guys.

I'm seeing many people have the same complaint - "Can't install on windows 10". Now I tried reading all the messages here offering a solution but I can't seem to make it work. I'm getting the same "No memory" message when trying to install, I can't really follow the instructions above since I can't install it to begin with. I tried all kinds of compatibility settings and nothing. I'm about to give up here...
    System Memory Error

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=t

vCash
    Thanks but... I have not installed it. I can't... So I can't use that Compatibility tool kit on it. I can't even get into installing the game!

vCash
    Hey guys.

At what point are you getting the error and what is the actuial error message

In the meantime - try this

Try this which another member suggested and seems to work well for Windows 10 as well

Just installed this on windows 8.1 and encountered the issue with setup.exe hanging. Here is how to resolve.

1. Browse to the disk contents by going to the drive letter where the disk is (either ISO or cd-rom).
    2. Right click on SETUP.EXE, go to Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and choose Run this program in Windows XP (service pack 2) mode and tick the box "Run this program as an administrator".
    3. Double click on setup.exe
    4. If nothing happens, open up the task manager by right clicking on the task bar and choosing Task Manager or press control + shift + escape at the same time.
    5. Go to the Details tab on the task manager and sort by name. You are looking for SETUP.EXE. If there are multiple ones running then kill them all. Click on setup.exe in the list and press the delete key or the end task button to kill the process.
    6. Run setup.exe again as per step 3 - you only want one install process running.
    7. Back in the task manager, Right click on setup.exe and hit the Analyze Wait Chain option. This will tell you what is preventing the install from running. Find that process and kill it.

In my case it was SetPoint.exe, a logitech program that controls my wireless mouse/keyboard software. As soon as I killed it the install launched.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeloraghailligh View Post
    Morning all,

Trying to get the new data download up and running. I've encountered an issue though. When now trying to run the game it freezes at just after loading up the player histories on the Initialising game data it freezes.

I've changed the data back to the original and the 3.9.68 version and it loads straight away.

Am I doing something wrong with the new update or is anyone else having the same issues?

Running as admin and have compatability enabled?

For Champ man run EVERYTHING as administrator
    Ensure that cm0102.exe, cm0102ed.exe (editor folder) and cm0102_GDI.exe all have Run As Administrator ticked under properties.

Failing that maybe do an uninstall and a re-install?

vCash
    Hey guys.

What have you done to install the game so far? Are you using a physical disc? Are you trying to mount an iso? A bit more information would help

Installing game without a disc - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=630

vCash
    Fods and Redknapp,

I thank you for your efforts! For now it has worked!

I really hope the game actually works as well, I managed to install it.
    Last edited by Tomerick; 24-10-16 at 01:24 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomerick For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi Guys! I've a problem with the game on W10!

When I start a new game the game "block himself" and I've to restart the game! At this time I'm playng only with a load game started with a pc that run win7.

HELP ME PLEASE!

vCash
    Hi

Can you state what the error is please and some more information?

Have you tried this? - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread...533#post322533

vCash
    I didn't do anything but the game it's ok! Mistery of CM 01/02!

vCash
    Are you trying to play in full screen mode? Try windowed mode

vCash
    just installed the game again after few years absents keep getting this im running win 7
    There is not enough avalible system memory to create the game, please free up some more and try again ??
    and i know i have enough space.

vCash

vCash
    Fods: No i cant. its just an X.

Pablo you are the first one to come up with a reasonable explanation and something that actually works! Thanks!

Öhuumm..to understand the Q: have i written something in this forum about displays ... No

I have linked up the computer with HDMI to the TV: YES

Does that affect the stability of the program or something?

What you said about the spacebar was working, but as soon as I clicked it down to the taskbar, it's the same procedure again, can you make it permanent, and what impact has dual screens?

It´s a bit funny cause i have asked guys that works with programing 24/7 and IT guys that works wit IT plattforming, and no one had a clue ;O) , thats for gettin a diploma lol...=)

SO pablo.... u had the solution, what else do you know?

=)
    Last edited by Andeks; 25-10-16 at 03:20 PM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    hey, thanks for brilliant job.
    my problem (win10): I've downloaded the second update from facebook, replaced data files and unfortunately it freezes when I create a new game. this didn't happen with previous updates. running it with GDIexe file, as an administrator (I didn't need to do this with previous upates, but ok), compatibility with XP SP2 and tried with win7 too, cause I don't have win 10 on compatibility list maybe doing sth stupid cause I'm a noob but still can't wait to run the new update
    could you help?

vCash
    Compatibility is 98/ME I believe

vCash
    tried that, doesn't work.

vCash
    Any other patches you are using?

vCash
    Not a lot mate, but I'm effing great with google!! Also, whatever problem you have, I've already had and dealt with!

The issue with a second screen lies in the settings, namely the taskbar ones....take a look there to make sure everything is as it should be.

vCash
    Andeks, i have this problem at work with a very expensive software on Windows 7 with license and not even the sysadmin couldn't get his head around that problem. just do what pablo said or easier, there's a button at right bottom on the taskbar that says show desktop, click that a few times and the window should apear. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

vCash
    Windows 10

Error
    Unable to initialise the graphics in full screen mode - please ensure that DirectX has been installed correctly and that your graphics adaptor supports 800x600 pixel resolution in 16 bit colour

I tried compatibility but it doesn't work..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mustafags View Post
    Windows 10

Error
    Unable to initialise the graphics in full screen mode - please ensure that DirectX has been installed correctly and that your graphics adaptor supports 800x600 pixel resolution in 16 bit colour

I tried compatibility but it doesn't work..

Looks like solutions to this error message are below
    Thanks
    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...tly#post213236
    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...tly#post204206
    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...tly#post106723

Also, Try install the Tapani 2.21.1 patch, change the resolution to something a little bigger