Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1184

Thread: Windows 7, 8 & 10 Issues and Queries

vCash
    Hey guys,

Having some issues trying to run Flex 2.0 and using the restrictions tool. I get an 'access denied' error when I follow through the prompts, just when I attempt to load the cm0102.exe file. I'm running everything as an admin and have enabled compatitibility to 98. Any ideas?

vCash
    Change the Permissions on the Championship Manager 01-02 folder to always the Users profile full rights to the folder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Change the Permissions on the Championship Manager 01-02 folder to always the Users profile full rights to the folder.
    Sorted, thanks Dermotron.

vCash
    Just developed another issue. While running on a dual screen setup, CM0102 has suddenly decided that I can't drag and drop anything. Obviously this means that I can't make any substitutions or change my tactics. It was working just fine until about 10 minutes ago... can't think of anything that I've changed since. Any ideas?

vCash
    Exit the game and open it again, usually works a work around

vCash
    The slowness on Win 10 is doing my head in. It's so frustrating that I don't even bother anymore to play.. What changes can I make? compatibility mode? At the moment it's "Windows XP / Service Pack 3" don't know if it's make a different on the fast/slow of the game.

vCash
    slowness in what - processing time? Doesn't game speed option on Tapani patch and the like help that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    slowness in what - processing time? Doesn't game speed option on Tapani patch and the like help that?
    It takes a long time to start new game even with min DB, everything is slow. For some reason it has not helped with the Tapani patch either. It's many dates where the game could be still for 15 minutes, around 19th of june and then 27th of Aug. Bit annoying compared to the speed my old XP had.

vCash
    Have the same issue on Win10. Broke my heart playing the Alphabet Game

vCash
    Hmm, does seem to be a pattern going on here with saturn's patch then maybe? I have noticed it being slow even though I'm on Windows 7 too when I'd fly through games like the alphabet save before.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    I might be wrong here, and some of the suggestions below, may be ineffective

Open Editor and Validate Database

Ensure the drive where CM is located has had a recent Disk Clean Up and Scan for errors, Malware especially can cause slowness

Compatibility for Win 7, can be NT, whilst for Win 8 and 10, it can be Win 95 as these both work on my PC/Laptop with no issues

Sometimes a fresh install of CM with whatever updates/tapni's you use, can certainly help, but on completion of uninstalling, ensure you manually delete the CM folder that remains, prior to starting the new install

Personally, for me, on installing, I do a custom one, where where I take out everything, pictures/quickstarts/sounds/histories, and I then apply all the updates etc.. I use a Saturn patch on my PC (Win7) and everything runs like clockworks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piltos View Post
    Hi,

Question about windowed mode on Windows 10. Since I bought my new computer with windows 10 I haven´t been able to play the game in windowed mode. Is this the case for everyone or is it just me ? I´ve done all the usual installation proceedings with compatibility and run as administrator. I get the following messege: Unable to initialise the graphics in windowed mode - please ensure that DirextX has been installed correctly and that your deskop is in at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution and is in 16 bit colour, and the game resets in fullscreen...
    I recently replaced my ageing laptop with a more modern laptop which happens to have a 4k screen. It seems that CM has difficulty with the display scaling which Windows performs in order to scale windows, icons, etc to an appropriate size on a 4k display (I get the same Directx error mentioned in the above quote).

You can get around the error by right-clicking on the cm0102.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change 'Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by:' to 'Application' (neither of the other two options work). This essentially disables scaling and, on a 4k screen, means that the game window is tiny. I've tried the other compatibility settings (e.g. 16-bit colour, Windows XP SP3, etc) but they make no difference.

It doesn't really bother me as fullscreen works fine, but I thought I'd share the above in case anyone else with a high resolution screen is scratching their head over windowed mode. The above solution probably works fine on smaller hi-res screens such as 1080 as non-scaled window should still be of a reasonable size.

vCash
    Hello everyone, I do not speak English so I do with a translator, please excuse me ... My problem is that the game is very slow even with a single league chosen ... I tried everything, as well with Flex that the new patches, nothing does c is always so slow so unplayable ... If someone would have a solution for me would really be beautiful ... I am under windows 10 ... Thank you in advance in hoping to have solutions Has my problem .

vCash
    Use Tapani patch and increase game speed?

Also, some solutions above

Finally, change the "performance" on your PC/Laptop to Maximum Performance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Use Tapani patch and increase game speed?

Also, some solutions above

Finally, change the "performance" on your PC/Laptop to Maximum Performance
    I tried to increase the speed with the last patch or even flex but its not working ... And how to increase the performance of the pc ?? thank you kindly try because frankly its bored strongly no longer know how to play as Before and in addition to that I would like to do the challenge of the alphabet but in these conditions it is impossible

vCash
    Depends what PC you have but on my laptop I click on the battery and can change 'performance' from there

vCash
    Also - how many leagues you have loaded? Will take longer if you have lots

vCash
    Here I have only a single league and it is still very slow ... my computer is an Acer AMD A4 8GB RAM 64 Bits ... And I do not see how to optimize the performance of the computer with the battery as you said

And I just saw that the version of the game is 3.9.68T C is normal ??
    Last edited by nataninho; 25-07-17 at 10:33 PM.

vCash

inconpatable

[when fully installing the game comes up with incompatible

vCash
    am replying to you on ebay about it

vCash
    I have the original game on disc and have just installed on Windows 10.

The speed is very good in the menus, selecting teams etc but the actual match speed is extremely slow and not very responsive. Like taking 15 mins per game even after setting commentary speed to very fast. Any suggestions?

I want to download all the quality updates but is pointless if I can't get the match speed sorted out.

vCash

Windows 7, 8 & 10 Issues and Queries

Have you got Tapani or Saturn patch applied where you can change game speed?
    Also - for me, the general game speed is improved dependant on laptop performance settings.

Also, how many leagues you have loaded? More will obviously have an effect

vCash
    Hey, windows has just done a massive update to my laptop and now I can't even launch the game!!?

I've never had this problem before.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times... nothing.
    I've rebooted the laptop to go back to earlier version of Windows.... and still nothing! !?

Installed Direct X again... nothing.

I'm at a loss, I don't usually have tech issues ever when dealing with the game but this one has me stumped.

The error message I get is
    "Unable to initialise the graphics in full screen mode - please ensure that Direct X has been installed correctly and your graphics adaptor supports 800 x 600 pixel resolution in 16 bit colour"

The patch I am using is in 1280 x 800 and that message came up.
    So I uninstalled and reinstalled and attempted to run game in original mode and it gets me as far aso the beginning start screen but the moment I click on 'Game Settings' to get in in windowed mode, the game just crashes!?

What's going on?

Thanks

vCash
    I recall something similar shortly after a windows update, not recently, but have had it on an occasion or 2.

My first thoughts are to restore PC prior to updates, then put the game into window view, then when updates take effect again, hopefully be ok

Failing that, (I think you done this already) uninstall, reinstall normal, window view it in settings, then apply updates

Maybe have a look at your screen resolution and manually change it to suit CM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    I recall something similar shortly after a windows update, not recently, but have had it on an occasion or 2.

My first thoughts are to restore PC prior to updates, then put the game into window view, then when updates take effect again, hopefully be ok

Failing that, (I think you done this already) uninstall, reinstall normal, window view it in settings, then apply updates

Maybe have a look at your screen resolution and manually change it to suit CM

Thanks but I can't even get to the 'Game Settings' without the game crashing instantly on me. So I can't change it back to Windowed mode now. Ughhhhhhhhhh, so annoying!

I've never had an issue like this before, it's baffling!