Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7, 8 & 10 Issues and Queries

vCash

Windows 7, 8 & 10 Issues and Queries

Hello guys! I need help with something really annoying... Is there any way to run CM 01/02 on Windows 7 in full screen? I set up my default resolution on 1366/766 (or something like that :p ) Any help will be appreciated. Thanks !!!
    Last edited by Fods; 21-03-12 at 10:33 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vodkabringer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Unfortunately not. You have to play in Windowed mode on Win7 I'm afraid.

You could try the Tapani 2.19 patch from the downloads section, it increases the window size to 1280*800 but given your laptop spec you won't be able to see parts of the window unfortunately

vCash
    How do install cm01/02 on the new windows?

vCash
    Follow this and you can't really go wrong -

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...12-Data-Update

vCash

It won't work

Quote Originally Posted by jwap View Post
    How do install cm01/02 on the new windows?
    I have the latest windows 7 and my computer won't install the game from a CD, please can someone help me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Follow this and you can't really go wrong -

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...12-Data-Update
    Like I posted already mate, follow the link above.

vCash
    I don't think you understand, I have the game on CD meaning, brand new from SI Games, my computer which has the latest version of windows tries to install it but can't

vCash
    Go to Computer and right click on the disc icon and select Open. Double click SetUp.exe and wait for it to run.

If that doesnt work you may need to disable User Account Controls whilst installing the game (and possibly shitty Anti-virus like Norton or McAfee)

vCash
    Have done that, still doesn't work, ah well, it guess it wasn't meant to be

I love this game so much, I refuse to play Football Manager, there's too much going on

vCash
    Maybe try this http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...M-without-disk

Even though it probably got the same issues. Did you disable the UAC?

vCash
    Close your internet browser when trying to run the game, that will do it

vCash
    If u have the real disc, maybe u need to download the version from this website instead.

Then u can mount it onto your harddrive using ISOdisk or something and then u dont need to use the CD drive....
    So this could get round your problem...

http://www.isodisk.com/

PeterGol Unattached
    Hi there.

I'm trying to install the game in my laptop but it does not work. My OS system is Win7 64bit, I have disabled UAC, I've disabled antivirus, I tried to install it directly from the CD, running the setup.exe file as administrator, and I've even tried to install it from the iso using daemon tools, but th+e result is always the same: nothing happens, not even an error message, and when I check the task manager there is a "Setup.exe*32" proccess running, but nothing really happens.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Maybe the game is not compatible with a 64bit OS?

I'd appreciate any help, thank you in advance!

vCash
    What do u mean nothing happens , how far do u get? Open the game? Not even open the game? Load a new game? Try to play a save game? Or shall we guess for you ????

vCash
    If its all from scratch and u can't even open install the game, close chrome and try install again! Which you'd known if you'd read the forum-ige!

PeterGol Unattached
    Nothing happens meant exactly that, I clicked the setup.exe and no window opened, no error message appeared.. nothing. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but english is not my main language. I had no browser opened, neither, I don't think it was a chrome related issue (I've read the FAQ, btw)

Finally, still don't know how, after many tries I managed to install the game from the CD, so problem solved. I had antivirus and UAC disabled, but I didn't take any further actions and it finally worked. Black magic, I guess... ;-)

Thank you very much for your time and your help!

alesiuk27 Unattached

Windows 7 Color scheme changes?

Hey

i have downloadded and installed the game, with patch.68 and tapani's 2.19, all is grand, game works best i can tell and just messing around pre-season.

But, something wierd which is annoying me, when i start the game it seems to change something in my windows 7 color scheme and i cant figure out how to stop that happening. Soon as i close the game it changes back.

hard to say exactly what it changes, but the colors seem to brighter and wierdly the tool bar behaves differently - Where as normall if i hover over a programme i get the little previou screen, now it just gives me a text list of the programmes. It doesnt seem to have changed the screen resolution (i know starting some games does this).

Anyone know if possible to work round this as its bugging my happiness!

Cheers

vCash
    whilst playing, right click on the desktop, select Personalize then Display Settings. Change colors to 16-bit and should be ok for ya

alesiuk27 Unattached
    thanks for the reply Dermotron, but i i dont have display settings directly from personalise, if i navigate to it though (either via "change display settings or via my graphics properties) the colors are already at 16-bit? I can change to 32bit but doesnt change the issue wierdly.

I am sure i remember having this before on other games but always when its mucked up the res

vCash
    You got a screenshot as an example or is on every program?

The game runs in 16bit so best leave it at that (the game auto resets to 32bit - that part where the screen goes black)

You could try going to C:\Championship Manager 01-02 folder and right click on cm0102GDI_.exe change the compatibility to windows 98 and select Run as administrator

alesiuk27 Unattached
    Got to the bottom of it, kinda but not really.........

Aero peek only works on 32-bit color and if windows desktop manager is enabled. It seems CM0102 doesnt work with 32bit color (when i change it, the CM window just turns white)

Guessing no way round this

vCash
    You cant use 16bit at all?

alesiuk27 Unattached
    i can use 16bit no problem, it just disables some of the windows 7 aero features which i like.

My game is behaving the opposite to what your saying though, it WONT work on 32bit color but WILL on 16bit?

vCash
    Yeah, CM0102 will only run in 16bit, just blank/black screen at 32bit

alesiuk27 Unattached
    yup thats the problem, no way round it in that case and i shall just have to live without my aero peek! Thanks for the help anyway

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast