Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Competition / Club / Nation Renaming

vCash
    Version 1.2 in here is the best/most complete renaming.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Version 1.2 in here is the best/most complete renaming.
    Thanks! Most people only look at the Downloads though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    How do we know what the latest (best) version is?
    Under Downloads you can still only find version 1.0
    updated in downloads too

also the title, no longer competition remaining

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Works a treat Saturn, I've chucked it in and edited all me pictures in the pictures file to match the names, appreciate your time and work on it cos it's pukka.

vCash
    How does renaming competitions affect background pictures like the 2015-2016 PLAYERS AND MANAGERS PACK
    Do I have to make changes there?

vCash
    How does renaming competitions affect background pictures like the 2015-2016 PLAYERS AND MANAGERS PACK
    I just edited all the names of the comps in the pic. file to match Saturn's name changes so that when you click on say the EPL, the picture in the pictures file appears.

I have only done all the major leagues in Europe plus all the European competitions, just a personal preference really.

I can upload the file if you want to save you editing the ones I've already done?

vCash
    april version of my pack includes all the needed changes so every competition should have a picture, whether if you're using the original names or saturn's patch

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to milo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Structure ligue change

Long Old: Ligue 2
    Long New: Domino's Ligue 2
    Short Old: Ligue 2
    Short New: Ligue 2
    Reason: partnership naming

vCash
    Thanks to zozoa for the Names Editor, JohnLocke for the patching instructions, Dermotron for a full list of suggested new names, and edcrowley100 for a handy list of the original competition names.

Rename v1.1 now available here.

Rename v1.2 now available here.
    NO WAY, I got a mention!!! I'm well happy about that!, I'm eddieC now

EDIT: Actually shout out to everyone, I'm looking at expanding on this great patch as well by renaming awards for each league, and MLS teams etc.... as well as applying a few patches and offsets here and there, I will upload whenI am done. For anyone who cares for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    Beautiful. Nice to see ed get a shout out... Where are you now ed?
    I'm here dude.... had to reboot my laptop, so lost password for old account

vCash

Cool FULL RENAME DATA.zip

Hi there,

Expanding on the excellent work of Saturn with his Competition Renaming Patch v1.2.....

I thought I would take the Liberty and also rename the 'awards' for the Leagues that have had their names changed.

E.G...

English Premier Division - English Premier League
    Premier Division - Premier League
    PRM - EPL

But the weekly, monthly and Yearly awards would still show their 'Old' name.

So now "English Premier Division Manager of the Month" is "English Premier League Manager of the Month"

THESE are what I have updated and changed THROUGHOUT ALL LEAGUE AWARDS in the game [Where it was Possible]

In a lot of the cases where it would say "Manager of the Year" I have now changed to "Manager of the Season" for example.
    I think this just adds a nice touch, personally.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE:

I made NO changes to ANY of the League of Ireland & Northern Ireland awards - EVERYTIME I attempted to do so, It resulted in errors and crashes.
    I still don't know why, so I just left these alone. Which is a shame!

Instructions:
    1. Download FULL RENAME DATA.zip
    2. Unzip the files.
    3. Copy cm0102.exe into your main Championship Manager folder, overwriting the cm0102.exe file already there.
    4. Copy the Data folder and overwrite your already existing one

Tapani 2.21.1. - Has already been applied and in 1280x800 Window Mode

As I like to Custom my game to the way 'I' like to play it, I've applied the following changes using ollydb and Flex 2.
    so.......
    Before undoing any of these offset changes, look up what the Original .exe values were before applying this Patch.

See & Consult - OFFSETS
    Spoiler!

Included in folder is a saved game file, which has ALL Leagues selected, so you can see the full list of changes to the awards
    for Pretty much every League in the game. Including International Player awards.

Have also Changed those pesky MLS team names that were bugging the hell out of me!

I am no programmer. I have done nothing genius in patching but what I did do was Laborious and time consuming, so I hope you appreciate it, Should you wish to download this.

Vast VAST majority of work has obviously been done by the following:

Competition Renaming Patch v1.2 - Saturn
    & Dermotron for a full list of suggested new names.

Tapani 2.21.1. - Tapani [All Hail the great one!]

Flex 2 - JohnLocke [Fantastic Tool for customizing your game]

Names Editor - zozoa [Did ALL the renaming on this]

OllyDB - Oleh Yuschuk

Hope at Least some of you enjoy it and/or find it of some use.
    Last edited by eddieC; 02-08-16 at 08:54 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eddieC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Version 1.3 now available here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/76...ename_v1.3.zip

The award names have now been updated, full list of changes below. All feedback welcomed - getting accurate information on awards was much more difficult than it was for competition names.
    Spoiler!

Instructions:
    1. Download Rename v1.3.zip from above.
    2. Unzip the files.
    3. Copy cm0102.exe into your main Championship Manager folder, overwriting the cm0102.exe file already there.
    4. Copy the rest (club_comp.dat, euro.cfg, nat.club.dat, nation.dat and staff_comp.dat) into the Data folder in your main Championship Manager folder, overwriting the files already there.

The new names are again fully compatible with Tapani 2.21.1. Follow the instructions above and then simply patch the cm0102.exe as you normally would. To ensure compatibility I left the Welsh award names untouched.

A note of warning regarding the Netherlands name change. The nat_club.dat, nation.dat and euro.cfg files are based on the April 2016 data, which has some new countries added to it. If you use these files on other data sets, eg the .68 database, the game will crash upon loading. The cm0102.exe, club_comp.dat and staff_comp.dat files are still fine to use (they contain all the rest of the award/competition renaming). You can see how to change Holland to Netherlands manually here if you wish to. Thanks to xeno for alerting me to this.

Everything is still based on the 2015/16 data, so any competitions with new names this season have not yet been updated. I hope to have that done for v1.4 (along with any feedback related changes), in time for the Autumn data update.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Saturn, I got all kinds of errors when trying to rename any of the Irish leagues awards.. did you encounter this?

vCash
    Can't say I did. The only problem I had was the Names Editor not liking apostrophes. (I got around that by just initially naming things like FIFA Ballon d_Or and then replacing the underscore with an apostrophe directly in the exe and staff_comp.dat file.)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    interesting

vCash
    Like the "MLS Manager of the Year to MLS Coach of the Year" ......... nice touch dude.

vCash
    how can i change celtic and rangers short name to Glasgow Celtic & Glasgow Rangers, it doenst let me in the editor and when i do it with the xv editor on the club.dat file it doesnt show up in the editor or on the game? thanks.

vCash
    That's odd, I wouldn't have thought the game would've cared too much about short names, but apparently it does (they're hard-coded clubs but even at that...).

I thought maybe the game mightn't have liked their long and short names being the same, but there are other hard-coded clubs that have the same for both, so I'm stumped.

vCash
    That's odd, I wouldn't have thought the game would've cared too much about short names, but apparently it does (they're hard-coded clubs but even at that...).

I thought maybe the game mightn't have liked their long and short names being the same, but there are other hard-coded clubs that have the same for both, so I'm stumped.
    yeah its odd becasue i tried with fc bayern and changed it to bayern munchen and it worked fine. but tried it with sporting to sporting lisbon, rangers to glasgow rangers and az to az alkmaar and none of them work.

odd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by totallyaddicted View Post
    yeah its odd becasue i tried with fc bayern and changed it to bayern munchen and it worked fine. but tried it with sporting to sporting lisbon, rangers to glasgow rangers and az to az alkmaar and none of them work.

odd.
    If you change the long name while changing the short name too it should work. So change the long to Glasgow Celtic1 and the short to Glasgow Celtic, save, and then go back and rename the long to Glasgow Celtic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luisito View Post
    Structure ligue change

Long Old: Ligue 2
    Long New: Domino's Ligue 2
    Short Old: Ligue 2
    Short New: Ligue 2
    Reason: partnership naming
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't include any sponsorship names due to the regularlity with which they change.

Proposed changes for v1.4:
    Code:
    European Football Championship			UEFA European Championship
    European Championship				-
    -						-

Oceania Nations Cup				OFC Nations Cup
    OFC Nations Cup					-
    -						-

Australian A-League				-
    A-League					-
    AL						A-L

Belgian Pro League				*Belgian First Division A
    Pro League					First Division A
    D1						D1A

Belgian Second Division				*Belgian First Division B
    Second Division					First Division B
    D2						D1B

Belgian Third Division				*Belgian First Amateur Division
    Third Division					First Amateur Division
    D3						AMA

English Community Shield			*English FA Community Shield
    Community Shield				FA Community Shield
    -						-

English Football League 1			*English Football League One
    League 1					League One
    FL1						-

English Football League 2			*English Football League Two
    League 2					League Two
    FL2						-

English National League				-
    National League					-
    NAT						ENL

English League Cup				*English Football League Cup
    League Cup					EFL Cup
    -						-

English Football League Trophy			-
    Football League Trophy				EFL Trophy
    -						-

German Bundesliga				-
    Bundesliga					-
    B						BUN

NIFL Championship 1				NIFL Championship
    Championship 1					Championship
    FL1						FLC

Northern Irish League Lower Division		-
    Championship 2					Intermediate League
    FL2						INT

Superpuchar Polski				SuperPuchar Polski
    Superpuchar					SuperPuchar 
    -						-

Copa del Rey					Spanish Copa del Rey
    Copa del Rey					-
    -						-
    Award names will be changed to match the above too.

I might also edit some of the award names that end in "xxxx Award" due to it looking a bit weird in the news screen, eg "xxx has won the "xxxx Award" award." Open to any further suggestions.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Does this change the structure of the European competitions? eg does Europa league now have groups and has champions league second group stage been changed to last 16 matches?

vCash
    It changes the names of the competitions only not the structure, the structures for those cannot at this stage be changed

vCash
    Version 1.4 now available here: Rename v1.4.

Names and awards should now be fully updated for the 2016/17 season. Changes made from the previous version are listed below.
    Spoiler!

Instructions:
    1. Download Rename v1.4.zip from above.
    2. Unzip the files.
    4. Copy the rest (club_comp.dat, euro.cfg, nat.club.dat, nation.dat, nation_comp.dat and staff_comp.dat) into the Data folder in your main Championship Manager folder, overwriting the files already there.

The new names are again fully compatible with Tapani 2.21.1. Follow the instructions above and then simply patch the cm0102.exe as you normally would. To ensure compatibility I left the Welsh names untouched.

A note of warning regarding the Netherlands name change. The euro.cfg, nat_club.dat and nation.dat files are based on the April 2016 data, which has some new countries added to it. If you use these files on other data sets, eg the .68 database, the game will crash upon loading. The cm0102.exe, club_comp.dat, nation_comp.dat and staff_comp.dat files are still fine to use (they contain all the rest of the award/competition renaming). You can see how to change Holland to the Netherlands manually here if you wish to. Thanks to xeno for alerting me to this.

A complete list of changes (v1.0 - 1.4 inclusive) can be found below. Anything not mentioned hasn't been renamed.
    Spoiler!

That's all I intend to do until next season (bar there being a big mistake in there somewhere). The only minor things I've noticed are a couple of news items:
    1. Managers are given the "Rinus Michels Award" award in the Netherlands. I thought about removing the Award part from the name, but seeing just Rinus Michels instead made it look a bit bare.
    2. For the Pichichi and other top goalscorer awards that now have a name, the news item will say "xxx has been named the Pichichi Trophy for the 2015/16 season", which looks slightly odd but isn't anything major.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    looks awesome mate

I very much literally apply a data update and a tapani patch and nothing else

Am looking into what great stuff you guys do I should add to my CM especially for the new update (if anyone has any thoughts on cool stuff feel free to PM me as I rarely venture into the patches/offsets area! ) but this this certainly sounds like a winner

KUTGW!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast