Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Competition / Club / Nation Renaming

vCash

Competition / Club / Nation Renaming

Hi guys,

does anyone know how to change the names of the competitions using the hex editor?

I have tried to use the Name change tool but it always crashes. I think its because i am using the 3.12 patch.

Any ideas?

vCash
    This might be even easier. Save the line below as a text file.
    FrenchLowerDivision 0x5DC200 String:23 "French Lower Division"

Then open it with the Flex Editor (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...do=file&id=201) and open the file you just saved.

Change the name.

Edit the data to match - you'll need something other than the official editor.

Start a new game.

I'll post a full list at some point, or post details on how to find out yourself 'cause working them all out will be boring.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLocke For This Useful Post:

vCash
    what editor do i use to edit the data?

vCash
    thanks locke! i only really need belgian, danish, english, irish, northern irish, scottish, turkish and welsh leagues. but every single competition thats playable.

how comes the names editor doesnt work with the 3.12 patch?

vCash
    Tri Wasano's editor should do it.

Am a bit busy at the moment, so it might be quicker to edit the exe manually using something like XVI32 - just go (ctrl+g, I think) to 0x5DC200 and edit the text, all other competitions will be nearby.

vCash
    A question that is maybe linked to this: can you change the names of players in a save game? Because names are maybe the only thing that can't be changed with Graeme Kelly's save game editor. Could be great with databases from the '90s. So when your game is in 2003 you can 'create' the likes of Messi of Ronaldo in your save game.

vCash
    Turns out I've already created a file for this, you can find it here: https://hugo9cf.wordpress.com/2015/0...x-editor-file/

@Ravanelli, it should be possible to write an application that could do that - but I'm not sure the game will accept new names being entered into a save. The last 16 names in each of the three name files are used for human players, so additional names might need to go before them. You can't just edit the names because the game stores names as a number, so if you edit the text then, for example, everyone called John will end up being called Lionel or whatever.

vCash
    hi johnlocke, i have done what u said using the hex editor but everytime i save the file it comes up with not a valid win32 application? what am i doing wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

i tried the other way using the flex editor and the tri wasano but i cant find english football league championship in the exe file?

vCash
    im not sure what im doing wrong but basically i do these steps.

edit the flex file english first division to = european division 1
    then i go into tri wasano and the name of the league in there is english football league championship, i edit that to = european division 1

i open the editor and the european division one is there as i edited it.

but then when i load and run the game it comes up with an error cannot find english_first_division

what am i doing wrong?

vCash
    This might depend on what data you're using - in the original data the league below the English Premier was called the English First Division (now known as the Championship). If you're using a modified data (& exe) then the English First Division could be the league below that (originally the English Second Division).

vCash

Updating leagues to Championship, league1 etc

Hi guys id there a patch/update for updaitng the leagues to the current state, Premier league, Championship, League 1, League 2.
    I've done the October 2015 data update and the tapani patch v2.21.1 and still have old league format
    Thanks

vCash
    The format in England (in the Conference at least) has been fixed in the Tapani Patch. It's just that the names haven't been updated which cannot be changed as it's hard coded.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    If you're talking about the names of the competitions, you would have to do all the renaming yourself. Here's a thread for Names Editor Queries.

The Names Editor can be downloaded here.

vCash

Competition renaming

Here is an updated set of names for all active leagues and cups in the game. This process will rely heavily on feedback from native followers of different leagues, so please feel free to suggest improvements or point out any glaring mistakes. Currently most of the names chosen were taken from Wikipedia etc, so any advice is welcome. Some leagues such as Italy are particularly difficult to rename given the change in their league structure.

Here are some screenshots:
    Spoiler!

A full list of changes (a '-' indicates no change):
    Spoiler!

Instructions
    1. Download Rename.zip from here.
    2. Unzip the two files.
    3. Copy cm0102.exe into your main Championship Manager folder, overwriting the cm0102.exe file already there.
    4. Copy club_comp.dat into the Data folder in your main Championship Manager folder, overwriting the club_comp.date file already there.

The new names are fully compatible with Tapani 2.21.1. Follow the instructions above and then simply patch the cm0102.exe as you normally would. To ensure compatibility I left the Welsh competition names untouched, as the names vary depending upon whether you're using the Tapani patch or not (Welsh Premier Division / English Northern Premier League Premier Division).

Competitions were renamed in two ways. Firstly, by using zozoa's Names Editor where the new names were not longer than the original names. Secondly, via this method posted by JohnLocke some time ago. The exe was patched to allow competitions requiring longer names than their originals to be edited directly, using the XVI32 debugger on the club_comp.dat file. A couple of minor tricks were also used, I'll try and write up a tutorial in the Patches forum some time.

For now the inactive / non-league divisions and cups have not been renamed. Let's try and get the active ones accurate first . Awards have also not been renamed - no point until we settle on final names for the competitions that they're used for.

Thanks to zozoa for the Names Editor, JohnLocke for the patching instructions, Dermotron for a full list of suggested new names, and edcrowley100 for a handy list of the original competition names.

Rename v1.1 now available here.

Rename v1.2 now available here.

Rename v1.3 now available here.
    Last edited by saturn; 03-09-16 at 08:55 PM.

16. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Beautiful. Nice to see ed get a shout out... Where are you now ed?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Very nice!!!

Does it work for save-files as well? Or only when start a new game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    I don't know tbh. With the exe and data both changing I wouldn't be too confident that it would work.

vCash
    Excellent, thank you!!!

vCash
    Saturn,is it possible to add this through some sort of .patch...cause i alredy made so much changes in .exe crating new patches?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djole2mcloud View Post
    Saturn,is it possible to add this through some sort of .patch...cause i alredy made so much changes in .exe crating new patches?
    Sure.

.patch version:
    Spoiler!

Of course you will still need to overwrite the club_comp.dat.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    thank you

vCash
    Added this to the download section, hopefully you will get more feedback now saturn

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Doesn't work with save games

This is a thing of beauty though, kudos saturn
    Last edited by Dermotron; 29-04-16 at 11:29 AM.

vCash
    I struggled to get this to work, firstly, does it affect it if Im using a no cd patch, as Im replacing the CM launch icon,

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    A) We don't approve of no-cd patches here, especially since the game is free and easy to download and burn/mount virtually

B) It probably will since no-cd patches are essentially an amended EXE file that this will replace

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast