View Poll Results: What does Kingsley do next ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carry on until I get sacked

2 20.00%
  • Move to another club (Germany/Holland/Italy)

6 60.00%
  • Do a different story

2 20.00%
  • Something else (please add a comment)

0 0%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: [STORY] Life's A Lottery

vCash
    Can't see the pics unfortunately as in work, but I'd say option 2 although it's totally up to you. Maybe you can randomise some other things as well, mentality, tackling etc to make things harder on yourself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Unbelievable work in Carpi. You really deserve a statue at the door of the stadium. If i was in your place, no doubt i would go after a new challenge.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I voted for the second option but I'll be happy with whatever you want to do.

The problem with the first one is that it will probably take a very long time to get sacked unless you massively increase the restrictions. Not sure if chairmen's patience levels actually make a significant difference or not but even so, they tend to be far more patient in this game than they are in real life. Even with Stefano, you'll probably have to get relegated before your job becomes under any real threat.

If you move to another club, I'd advise adding another restriction or two in order to avoid it becoming just another Carpi job (not that I haven't enjoyed it, just to add something different and more challenging). As well as banning some of the more effective default tactics, my suggestion is to also exclude the selected leagues as possible nations to draw.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CMAdventurer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great achievement! I'm not sure what to do next, but I think that's probably a good place to leave Carpi.

Maybe you could get restrictions from your readers every three months or so (either as a continuation of this story, or as a new one)? Could be fun

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kuy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'd keep the same restrictions and go elsewhere - It's still a lottery and you may not get those particular tactics out again for a few seasons anyway.

Looks like Carpi are all set to continue dominating with those future transfers, they look amazing. If you do leave, keep us posted on their progress.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just seen them Chileans, if you didn't do the double this year I'd have fancied you for the treble next year with them signings! Bit of a random Chilean name for Igor though

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Agree with the masses, I think you are done with Carpi but as you say, the concept is good so I think you should continue elsewhere.

vCash
    Keep her lit Eejit

Loads of countries left in the Lottery

vCash
    Thanks to all who followed, voted and commented on this. It looks as if I will be looking for a new job and Stefano will be looking for a new manager fairly soon.

I'm going to take a short break from this to do the October 2016 A to Z, although I might swap between the 2 to keep my ideas fresh. Thanks again and this will be back
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can't wait to see where you end up next mate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Can't wait to see where you end up next mate
    There's a job available in Holland that I'd be surprised if I didn't get it. Might be an interesting one in relation to other stories on here recently

2 jobs in Germany that are Insecure or Very Insecure

vCash
    Ajax I'm guessing given I'm at PSV and Samsami was at Feyenoord.

All to be revealed in good time anyway.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I have decided to call it a day on this story. I did pick it up again and, having achieved more than I dreamed of at Carpi, decided to look for a new challenge with the same restrictions. It had to be a club in a highly rated league that has no transfer restrictions. Not too many Guatemalan players would get work permits in England ! There were 2 jobs available which seemed to fit the bill. The first was Excelsior, probably the only club left in Rotterdam not to have been in a story. They were in the top flight, but I decided to rule them out as the finances were not great. With the restriction of Chile being carried over from Carpi, I was going to need a few spends to pick up any decent players. The other option was the one that I did take.

1860 appeared to have all of the right ingredients.

There was a decent amount in the bank and I'd have around £3m to spend. The squad had a reasonable balance with a few weak areas that I could easily patch up and, having failed to get promoted to Bundesliga this season, presented a decent challenge to win anything.

Indeed it would be a mountainous challenge to become the top club in the city Ö make that stadium as they share the Allianze with Bayern ! They even had a decent character for a few stories in their Chairman, Gerhard Mayerhofer.

I had him as a beer drinking, sausage eating clown who liked to tell bad jokes that he think proved that the German's had a sense of humour (no stereotypes here !)

With all of these things going for it, I'm not sure why 1860 didn't catch on with me. We had bought a couple of reasonable players and had made a decent start to the season. I have no doubt that we would have been promoted. Sadly, it just didn't grab me and give me any desire to play on. For that reason, I'm going to close this off, rather than write a bad story.

Sorry guys, I will be back soon, with something that does interest me.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sorry to hear 1860 didn't grab your interest, but understandable to finish the story at this point, can't wait to see what you've got lined up next!

A fantastic story with great restrictions, HOF for sure!

vCash
    In fairness - The glamour was at Carpi where you changed things around from nobodies so you'd struggle to match that!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    This story was really good and I have copied some of the restrictions into different challenges I've played for myself as well as using the tactic random generator in my own story. So thank you for a great story, I had a lot for fun reading it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePsi For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718