Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New FIFA Club World Cup format

vCash

strange cup confederation error...mexican team enter the competition...
    i'v applied all of your patches from this thread...new fifa world club cup,and german super cup...

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post

Unfortunately that code is used for the Copa America: SI just never renamed it.
    So I'll just rename it back and adjust the necessary offsets

vCash
    ok thanks, so how do i open these patches then? what do i open them in?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    So I'll just rename it back and adjust the necessary offsets
    Easy stuff this patching!

Quote Originally Posted by totallyaddicted View Post
    ok thanks, so how do i open these patches then? what do i open them in?
    JLPatch.bat in Flex.

totallyaddicted, there's a lot of knowledge/advice in the stickies and around the Patches forum. Have a read around, a lot of the things you are asking have been answered in the stickies, and sometimes even in the thread you're asking a question in.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Easy stuff this patching!
    Only the basic shit I'm capable of doing...... your wizardry is beyond my feeble skills

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djole2mcloud View Post

strange cup confederation error...mexican team enter the competition...
    i'v applied all of your patches from this thread...new fifa world club cup,and german super cup...

Perhaps the Winners History of some competition that qualifies for Confederations Cup is empty...

vCash
    yes,u'r right...i messed up histories swapping countries...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by totallyaddicted View Post
    giovanni if u used the intercontinental for the german super cup would it be possible to rewrite the champions league with the world cup structure?
    Not.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to giovanisantana29 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giovanisantana29 View Post
    Not.
    I have an idea and you seem like the most likely person to know whether it could work or not.

Is it possible to get the current UEFA Champions League format? Here's my idea...

3 qualifying Rounds stay as they are...
    1st Group Stage stays as it is...
    TURN OFF THE 2nd GROUP STAGE. (divert the 16 qualifiers from 1st Group Stage to "Q-Final")...
    Change Q-Final to Round of 16 by editing necessary offsets...
    Change S-Final to Q-Final by editing necessary offsets...
    Change Final to S-Final by editing necessary offsets...
    And then...
    Use the redundant Intercontinental Cup. Edit offsets so both clubs come from UEFA Champions League and edit the competition initiation & draw date so that it's just after completion of UEFA Champions League S-Final dates. (Both S-Final winners will be entered). Rename as UEFA Champions League & that would become the Final.

Could that work as a cheat way of getting the current UCL format?

vCash
    i don-t think this could work...to complicated...merging competitions...
    if it is possible to cancel 2nd group stage(big if,even tapani had doubts about it),only winners of the groups can go to quarter finals...
    but,if it is possible to double competitions(giovanisantana method),copa libertadores can be used instead champions legaue...i think tapani also had that idea...
    further,current champions league will be then used as europa league
    but,this is only big if...all over the years many members wrote about champions league,hard coded stuff....lot of work,lack of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Golly View Post
    I have an idea and you seem like the most likely person to know whether it could work or not.

Is it possible to get the current UEFA Champions League format? Here's my idea...

TURN OFF THE 2nd GROUP STAGE. (divert the 16 qualifiers from 1st Group Stage to "Q-Final")...
    And then...
    Use the redundant Intercontinental Cup. Edit offsets so both clubs come from UEFA Champions League and edit the competition initiation & draw date so that it's just after completion of UEFA Champions League S-Final dates. (Both S-Final winners will be entered). Rename as UEFA Champions League & that would become the Final.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golly View Post

And then...

I don't think that is possible turn off the 2nd group stage and the following phases keep working. And also I don't know if is possible to make exactly the two finalists to play the Intercontinental Cup...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to giovanisantana29 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Gio, can you add the hosting country changes that you took from the Inter-American Cup (I think) to the new German League Cup version?

vCash
    Gio, can you add the hosting country changes that you took from the Inter-American Cup (I think) to the new German League Cup version?
    Yes, but I need to make it work regardless of the starting year chosen. Have a code in this modification that starting in 2001 needs to be in a value and in 2015 another value.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to giovanisantana29 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quick query, is anyone else having problems with this competition? I thought it was something I'd done because I've been using an exe I patched myself, but after downloading saturn's new patch yesterday and not touching it the same thing is happening.

First season the competition runs fine and goes into the history books, but the second season the competition only draws the quarters on October the 3rd and if I manually try to draw it myself the game throws up the error 'cm has encountered a problem' and then crashes.

On my 8/9 attempt now at trying to get it to work but only the quarters are getting drawn and then played and the semis just won't draw.

Into the third season now on holiday mode and the second season's FCWC is still incomplete and therefore the competition has come to a halt.

I've just started a fresh game and it's now not drawing the first season's FCWC, crashes on any attempt to manually draw it.

Any help would be much appreciated because I really don't want to turn it off because I think it's a great competition.
    Last edited by fairedinkum; 09-06-16 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Strange, never occurred this trouble in my tests. And with Patch 2.21.1+ I tested now for more than 10 seasons and everything was ok... I really don't know what can be.

vCash
    I thought you might say that, tried again earlier from a fresh install and can't get past the second season's competition, no idea what it is but never mind.

Is there any relevance in what compatibilty mode I run the exe on? I've ticked all the boxes on the security and ran as administrator as well.

Reason I ask is because I could never get Fiestita's Fixture Patch to work and I even sent it to saturn who said it worked for him and had exactly the same coding as his so I have a feeling there's something I'm missing here...
    Last edited by fairedinkum; 09-06-16 at 07:18 PM.

vCash
    I had two tests of about 40 seasons on 2.21.1+ and never had any issues with it either.

I'm beginning to wonder if some changes have problems working on different Operating Systems. I remember swapping exes with you fairedinkum for the Fixture Rescheduling (my exe worked for me but wouldn't work for you, while your exe wouldn't work for you but still worked for me). Similarly there were problems renaming continent.dat with djole2mcloud, a very easy process which I know he would've done correctly but still wouldn't work for him.

vCash
    I'm using Windows 8 mate, will any change of compatibility help things work for me do you think?

vCash
    It might be worth a try. FWIW I use Window 7 64 bit, home edition. I run cm0102.exe in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

vCash
    It might be worth a try. FWIW I use Window 7 64 bit, home edition. I run cm0102.exe in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
    Would you believe it, changed compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and gone through 2 seasons and the FCWC is spot on, my guess is Fiestita's Fixture Patch would of worked for me all along as well. Cheers for the help saturn, much appreciated as always.
    Last edited by fairedinkum; 09-06-16 at 10:35 PM.

vCash
    This my World Club Cup works perfectly, however when some compatibility mode is used (especially if it's the Windows 98 mode), it usually crashes into the semifinals' draw. Depending on the situation the compatibility mode is mandatory (like in network games, for example), so a fix for this was required.

But this wasn't so simple, I just couldn't make a fix in this WCC already created. So I chose to do it in another way.

I had done this WCC using participant's code block from the original WCC, which has group stage. I made some changes to make this code block compatible with an only-knockout competition. But aparently this kind of conversion is not 100% stable.

So I decided to make a new code block, using the same "system" used in supercup: simply taking the 9CFxxx codes of the continental competitions. I did it and tested it a lot, using all available compatibility modes and it was completely stable.

For make this work for a World Club Cup is necessary all continental competitions be loaded, independent of chosen leagues. Fortunately Saturn discovered this at a time ago, except for Europe, which he said crash when enabled this way. So I had two things to solve:
    1- Make European competitions be loaded without error.
    2- Create somehow an African continental competition, since we don't have any in the game.

The "1" I easily discovered (fill with NOP 4136A3 and 8313B3). For the "2" I chose to transform the Asian Cup Winners' Cup into African Champions League. This Asian competition is extinct some time ago. The transformation consists only in changes in competition's name and participants.

So here's a completely stable WCC!

Patch for a normal .exe: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bmowwn...l+cm+ori.patch

Patch for a Saturn Patch v4 .exe: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rwd529...aturn+v4.patch

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to giovanisantana29 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    African Champions League looks an awesome addition just for aesthetics if nothing else. Fantastic effort gio

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Top work mate, I’ll give it a go tomorrow when after work.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to fairedinkum For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Looks superb Gio. A modern competition reintroduced, a defunct continental competition replaced with a new one from a different federation, and you even solved the continental auto-load problem that the European competitions had!

A little tip for competitions without a 9CF*** value: you can just use their competition ID# directly instead. Search for the competition name in club_comp.dat and go back four spaces from the competition's first letter. So the African Champions League ID# (70) can be found at 2ED0. Now you don't have to use and rename the CONMEBOL Cup, but can instead enter the ACL's ID# where necessary. So:
    Code:
    005DC7F5 MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF644] --> MOV EAX,70
    00831DAD MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF644] --> MOV EAX,70
    It'll be the same result as what you have in the .patches above, but less changes/work.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Many thanks for the tip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast