Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA European Championship CM Network Tournament

vCash

UEFA European Championship CM Network Tournament

With Euro Champs fever gripping Europe's nations this summer, I thought it would be great to get a CM 01/02 network game going to celebrate the occasion.

Here's my idea...

We start a brand spanking new network game hosted by Mike (Offside Trap), using the Tapani 2.21.1 patch and the latest April 2016 data update.

Mike will holiday the game for a season and save just after the UEFA Champions League final, this will bring us nicely to the start of the UEFA European Championships build up. This will then give each player a few weeks to finalise their squads for the tournament.

The 16 teams that have qualified will be put on the forum and depending on how many we get sign up the strongest teams will be used. For example; if 8 sign up, then we will use the 8 strongest teams such as Germany, Spain, Italy, France etc. I could maybe do the draw live on a twitch stream or something.

The winner of the tournament will get an engraved trophy that I will pay for and send to the winner. Maybe the winner once they recieve it could then take a photo of them with the trophy and attach it to this thread so we can keep a history of winners.

Depending on the interest we could more than likely get this played out in a couple of 2 hour sessions on nights that would suit everybody.

There can be no use of wib wob and maybe (if this is possible?) we can get the saved game loaded up on the net so people can load it up in their own time and check out their nations form players etc and once you know your squad you can submit it in this thread. This will save time and get things flowing well once we kick off.

We definitely have 6 signed up for this already, with all 6 of the players playing 'The Big 6' network game up for it, but it would be great if we could get a few more reliable players to sign up.

I will leave the sign up open until Sunday night, so come Monday morning the sign up will be closed and we will get the ball rolling.

Games need to be played on the 'very slow' setting as this gives players a chance to tweak their tactics during the match, don't forget the Tapani patch makes even the slow option fast lol.

'The Big 6' network game will be put off until this has finished, to which it will then resume again.

Signed Up:
    Tierney-LFC-1990
    Offside Trap
    PepeP
    London35
    Janis89
    mjspurs
    Ian Wood
    Last edited by Tierney-LFC-1990; 09-06-16 at 11:59 AM.

vCash
    You can upload the savegame using sendspace

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Janis89 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    yeah im in for this...

so no big 6 tonight then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by London35 View Post
    yeah im in for this...

Big 6 should be on tonight - this Euro comp will start another day\week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by London35 View Post
    yeah im in for this...

Yeah as Janis said mate. Big 6 tonight then the Euro comp will probably start next week.

vCash
    Sounds good, and the great thing is, we may well finish this in 1-2 session, so minimal risk of someone not making it.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Nice work guys, i think i tried something like this for the world cup but we played the qualifications as well.

Will be looking forward to see which teams make it.

Trophy and all, great stuff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    Nice work guys, i think i tried something like this for the world cup but we played the qualifications as well.

Will be looking forward to see which teams make it.

Trophy and all, great stuff
    Nice one mate. You up for doing it? Your more than welcome if you can be committed to it? Shouldn't last more than 2 sessions I'd have thought.

vCash
    Okay Guys, have holidayed a year and the date is 21 May 2016, few days before the CL Final, had to make sure it was prior to countries selecting their squads for the Euro. 2 notable absentees from the competition are Holland & Belgium who both failed to qualify but have had a glance through the 16 teams in it, and its now down to the vote which we all consider as the big guns. As it stands, we have 7 players participating, ideally, 1 more would be perfect, so in no particular order, IMO , the giants we need to choose from are as follows

Spain

Germany

England

Italy

France

Portugal

Sweden

Czech R

The holiday year included many many league to generate alot more players for us to choose from, and the DB is at a maximum. Matt will look at the best way of deciding which players is gonna have which nation, i'm not sure how easy a stream is gonna be, but an idea, Chris aka 316'sRegen, he could assign a number to the teams we select as the big guns, then participating players, pick a number, and then at the end, he announces who will manage who - just an idea

The link below is a link to the saved game at the date I mentioned. As and when we all know which team we're gonna be, you guys can D/L it and scout your county for players, maybe make a list and then when we have the first session, you can go straight to them - what you think

The D/L has the game twice, once as is, and once zipped up, (I use WinRar)

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/...EMFtUmLmuabEkg

What we really need to know now though is the essential order of teams, which we are going to pick numbers from, the list above is purely my opinion, and am happy to swap change whatever, as my last 2 I'm, not too sure of tbh - feedback welcome

vCash
    At first glance I`d change Czech R with Croatia

And would personally manage Turkey over Sweden (even though Zlatan)

Hoping to get one of these :

Spain

Germany

England

Italy

France

vCash
    Good points Janis -

316'sRegen Unattached
    i do a stream every friday, if you want i'll stick numbers in 1 hat and names in another...

I'll be streaming during the france match on ustream/PS4

vCash
    Like the sound of that, am sure Matt will too, is there gonna be a link available?

316'sRegen Unattached
    ummmmmm yes i'm sure that could be arranged.

the stream will come up on ustream if you search
    "The Friday Beverage"

but I'll be able to share a link here on friday night.

vCash
    Nice one Chris

vCash
    Completely happy with everything said here lads :-)

But yeah if we change the Czech Republic with Croatia then we're good to go.

vCash
    Spain

Germany

England

Italy

France

Portugal

Sweden/Croatia/Russia/Poland

If you put them 8 teams and the 7 players into 2 separate pots Chris but as 7 bits of paper for the 8 teams if that makes sense? That way if you draw Sweden/Croatia you have a choice out of the 2, with them being the weakest sides IMO. If we get an 8th player that would be fantastic as we could make Sweden and Croatia seperate picks in the draw, but if not, go with the above.
    Last edited by Tierney-LFC-1990; 10-06-16 at 06:00 AM.

vCash
    I've changed the rules on the speed of games:

Games need to be played on the 'very slow' setting as this gives players a chance to tweak their tactics during the match, don't forget the Tapani patch makes even the slow option fast lol.
    Last edited by Tierney-LFC-1990; 09-06-16 at 12:26 PM.

vCash
    do we have to be one of these teams mentioned of can we choose another ...such as Wales or Rep or Ireland...or even Russia!

??

agree with all the rest

vCash
    I want to sign up.
    What should i do?

316'sRegen Unattached
    kruleone, have you read the details on how to install Hamachi and get set up?

Have a look - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4632 (this is for windows 7)

Once you get set up I'm sure the guys here will tell you the name of the group to join through a PM

London35 - I'm guessing you have checked the save and know that these teams are qualified. Tierney's the man with the plan so I'll make the draw and you guys can sort it out before the first session. Be sure to tune in at half time in the France game

vCash
    We'll stick with the 8 teams we've got mate, but what we'll do is if you get drawn these lot Sweden/Croatia/Russia/Poland (if Poland have qualified Mike?) you get a choice out of the 4 as their arguably the weakest sides. So Chris if you can stick them 4 in the draw as one pick that would be great mate.

Kruleone would be great if you could play mate but you need to answer Regen's question by about 5pm today because the draws being done, if that's the case and Kruleone wants to join and can then we'll split Sweden/Poland and Croatia/Russia as 2 separate picks.

vCash
    As it stands, we have 7 confirmed players, they are:

1) London35
    2) Janis
    3) Ian Wood
    4) Morten
    5) Pepe
    6) Matt
    7) Michael

Deadline is 5pm for new players to showcase proper interest for participating. I'm around most of the day and will therefore be online, if any help/assistance is needed. I can either guide you what to do, or Teamviewer it, but like Chris said - most Questions and Issues can be on answered on the link he posted - Windows 8, and 10 are just as straight forward

316'sRegen Unattached
    OK guys the independent adjudicator has chosen hats 2 and 6 and set of paper balls "D"

At the halftime whistle a link will be made available

Let's get this show on the road

316'sRegen Unattached

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast