Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 17

vCash

FIFA 17

It's that time of the year again when 2 companies announce their football games.

This year however, I believe, EA Sports done the most unpredictable move. Held it cards well. Nothing prepared people for THAT announcement.

Announcing women teams seems like a joke now . They have done what I wanted WHEN FIFA 14 was announced on next-gen consoles. Said back then, scrap Ignite engine IF you want to be on level grounds with KONAMI FOX.

Voila. FIFA 17 will be using Frostbite engine for the very first time.

Frostbite is widely used in Battlefield series and new Need for Speed games. The physics engine is best part of it. Also animations look crisp and NATURAL with NATURAL transitions. Finally maybe FIFA will get proper PLAYER models too and detailed faces . Want to also add it's FIRST FIFA in series to have 4 cover faces. Not one like usual (being Messi).

Without further ado:

FIFA 17 reveal trailer. Can't wait to see what unfolds on 12th of June though!! Excited as little kid (first time in ages for FIFA ).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

316'sRegen Unattached
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Best. FIFA. Ever.

vCash
    Gonna be gooood

vCash
    I will actually buy this one. Am a bit tired of my Fifa 15, and will take a break from my law studies to study some other stuff and will have plenty of time. Good times will be had.

vCash
    Anyone else had the email come through that you can get 10% off it now if you pre-order?

I'm tempted to do that but we MUST get a group of us back together for Virtual Pro!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

316'sRegen Unattached
    I have a team in the Pro game, we have been frustrated with the game the last couple of seasons but are hoping that this Frostbite revelation should make it better this time and not about learning the glitches of the game engine to win.

If cm0102 have a Pro Club, we'll be available for freindlies in the evenings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Anyone else had the email come through that you can get 10% off it now if you pre-order?

I'm tempted to do that but we MUST get a group of us back together for Virtual Pro!
    This mode is so rubbish though. No fun at all. Unless you can get 11 people to play. Tried this with 3 people and it's a joke .

I hope they do improve Career Mode. They neglected Single Players for long time and it's long overdue they do something about it. I don't give a fuck about FUT.

Mark you get 10% off only if you pre-order Super Deluxe Edition. That's 90E here so 81E. IT'S STILL A lot of money. I will wait for more information .

316'sRegen Unattached
    The only mode I play is clubs.
    11 playing would be mental unless you had 11 very disciplined players.
    As long as you have at least one defender (316) a couple of mids and a finisher up top it's dead on, we had 9 players in the squad but wouldn't play a game without 4 being on.
    If you have 2 or 3 and you're all mashing the "call for the ball" button it is terrible. The CPU gets confused and doesn't know what to do. Then you start telling each other to stop hitting X. Chaos ensues (well that's how my team do it anyway)

I liked the career mode but it's very long and tedious, I only really play games with others on the console and didn't have the patience for a full career.

FUT is pish and there for gouging money from customers

Of course, this was FIFA 14/15/16. We are promised the new revolutionary inspiring paradigm shifting football game this year. Once again.
    I like the sound of frostbite engine but I can't really get excited for FIFA any more.

vCash
    Everybody enjoys different parts of the game info0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Everybody enjoys different parts of the game info0
    Maybe. When we had 3 players (Janis, mora/Pat and me) in Pro Clubs it was terrible experience . Everyone plays for keeps mostly. Never hearing of team work or sth? This works MUCH better in PES imo (or maybe it's just players who play the game are different).

FUT is money grabber for FIFA/EA, so they will invest in it. The problem is, IF someone pays 70-90E for the game, one would want similar quality IN ALL aspects of the game. Career is one of them.

Is it long? Chris, I can tell you it's not. 10 seasons is limit on consoles. You can do it in a week. People on PC mod this every year to allow 100 seasons (the regens of original players unfold and it's quite fun as they retain original player attributes) .

EAS earns ~3-4mln $ each year from FUT alone. Crazy.

vCash
    I buy it for FUT and VP - never play vs cpu..

Agreed Mark - need to get the club up and running again

vCash
    I'm not sure if it's because I couldn't afford FIFA every year when it started out but the advances between games then seemed massive. Now days, to use someone else's joke, you can't spell tw'ea'k without EA... I bought 13, got a loan of 14. Got 15 & 16 through EA Access... It really feels like the same game. I haven't finished a career mode since the xbox. Played a lot of PvP online on the 360. Played a fair bit of 15 on the xboxone but haven't bothered with online with 16.

I don't care about animations, don't get a buzz seeing the stadiums, hate the celebration aspect (which you can no longer skip!!) I can only imagine there are the same sweaty goal flaws. And how often does the fkn ref get in the way? Career mode is boring. Be a pro is kidish. Pro Clubs is chaos. Clearly FUT is where it's at for them. 30 somethings are not their target audience. I think I've outgrown FIFA... I might download 17 when it gets added to the vault...

316'sRegen Unattached
    Pro club is definitely about who you're playing with.
    If anyone is a greedy cunt that wants to try and skin players, that calls for the ball out of turn etc, your team will lose bad.

vCash
    I was never greedy...

At least i used to back it up with end product though

vCash
    End products some times

vCash

And holy fuck it is here! The MyPlayer mode in FIFA! Just like NBA 2k series. Shame you can only be Alex Hunter, but that's a start.

Managers on sidelines too. Real life ones not fakes.

Well, need I say more. The stadium looks fantastic. Meticulous in every single detail. Crowd looks fantastic. O_O

Blown away! Now I know what Rutter said when he announced working on different project... (he announced it back in 2013 ).
    Last edited by info0; 12-06-16 at 10:00 PM.

vCash
    Yeah, would be nice to get the VP side of it going again. You don't need 11 players to get it working. 3-5 is a decent number. Most of the time, it's OK with just three.

I still play on UT too and find it competitive even without spending any money on it. Never have and never will.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    Maybe. When we had 3 players (Janis, mora/Pat and me) in Pro Clubs it was terrible experience . Everyone plays for keeps mostly. Never hearing of team work or sth? This works MUCH better in PES imo (or maybe it's just players who play the game are different).
    Info you haven't described one single person mentioned accurately. We all played for each other you never played with us so no idea what your on about.

Me and Jan played 1 and a half seasons of clubs yesterday. Reason I think it stopped is there wasn't enough people playing regularly.

316'sRegen Unattached

hasn't even came out yet and the dressing room is bickering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yeah, would be nice to get the VP side of it going again. You don't need 11 players to get it working. 3-5 is a decent number. Most of the time, it's OK with just three.

I still play on UT too and find it competitive even without spending any money on it. Never have and never will.
    FUT is actually quite addictive even if you don;t play online. You can earn coins and upgrade squads offline and of course later use it online. Quite fun . Though I feel FUT doesn;'t belong to FIFA. EA could sell it separately and still make tons of money (and yes, gameplay is different between FIFA and FUT game modes - confirmed via game code).

Pro Clubs needs clan system to work. Can get 11 of my old FPS friends to play it, train, nail it. Never will happen if you play haphazardly. Knowing ones strengths, weaknesses is crucial to be good :p.

316'sRegen Unattached
    That's why I just defend

The FUT, I did try and play it last time, but there was a glitch which meant that after I won the first match it came up

The connect to FIFA FUT has been lost
    It then kicked me out and recorded the game as a loss. This happened around 4-5 times in a row and I gave up on that mode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moravcik View Post
    Info you haven't described one single person mentioned accurately. We all played for each other you never played with us so no idea what your on about.

Me and Jan played 1 and a half seasons of clubs yesterday. Reason I think it stopped is there wasn't enough people playing regularly.
    Agreed. info may well have played a few games with others but I've never once seen him online in the Pro Clubs mode. It's mainly been myself, Janis and mora this year. Last year, Pat was also involved but that's basically been our club in the past 2/3 years since the old regulars stopped playing (Bev, Ste, Merk, Baz, Scoot, Gazza etc).
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Looks good.

They really need to do something to improve FUT - I don't buy FIFA for FUT, but that is naturally the go to place to play now.

I play a lot of co-op seasons - a co-op career mode would be a dream.

vCash
    I will hopefully be back in proper for 17 and get the clubs going again with our mics haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzas1uk View Post
    I will hopefully be back in proper for 17 and get the clubs going again with our mics haha
    I agree we need mics, regular days/times.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast