Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Politics

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Hillary is a lying criminal (as are most Presidents of the US to be fair)

Donald is a loud-mouth, appeal to the lowest denominator, spew factual untruths, have no substance, say whatever he thinks will get him votes, pretend he's an outsider when he totally isn't, con man..... and some sections of the American public are falling for it.....

316'sRegen Unattached
    What are the lies he's been spouting CF? Show me some of the lies?

I have seen him change his stance on a few things so far.
    I don't see that as a bad thing. If you get smartened up to something it's a good thing that you change your mind.

If you don't think he's an outsider there CF, why is every establishment figure including the pope, the UK govt (threatened to ban him), the Mexican Presidents current and former, every major news network (Fox have changed to supporting him in recent weeks but were not like that initially) basically the whole establishment totally against him? If he was part of the establishment they would surely welcome him with open arms? Because he isn't establishment. He's admitted that he had to work with them, had to pay bribes etc but he isn't part of that crime syndicate and they are all shitting themselves at the thought of someone outside that family getting in.

If he is part of the establishment, why is all the news reporting skewed against him and pretty much for Hillary?

Did you see the FBI announcement about the emails? Jesus Christ that was painful, the head of the FBI tells you everything that Hils and pals did wrong, then tells you that she won't be prosecuted, then closes with the comforting assurance that if anyone else did the same thing they would definitely be prosecuted. Trump will have a field day with this.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash

316'sRegen Unattached
    A lot of those are true.

He definitely was against the Iraq war at the time, I know that for a fact, I've watched old vids with him being interviewed about it.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Well I guess that's arguing details.... he claims he was against the war BEFORE it began and made it know..... but he didn't publicly come out against it until after it had already been going on for a while

and no, most of those aren't true.... I'm interested to know what you'd accept as proof, rather than your usual tactic of claiming anything that contradicts your views is somehow biased and/or corrupt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash

316'sRegen Unattached
    Not anything that disagrees with my view mate

If you dug out the papers from around that time you would find that he was very vocal against the war, that is a fact. I'll see if I can find it later when I get home

On that site there they have a wee "lie-o-meter" and give a three word verdict on what they say is true.
    Several of those are clearly when he was being sarcastic, taken out of context (the immigration and 2nd amendment ones for example)
    Obviously when giving a speech there will be a bit of rhetoric involved, by all candidates, Ted Cruz was a belter at times.

What I would expect from a journalistic Pulitzer prize winning endeavour would be that they post links below each "lie" showing you evidence of the facts that directly contradict it.
    I'm happy to change my mind when there is something there showing I'm dead wrong but a lot of this does come down to opinion and your own outlook and preference.

That's why it's fun to debate

316'sRegen Unattached
    Lets take the

"America is the most taxed nation in the world"

statement.

What does it mean? Does it mean they have the most taxes?
    Even saying that, what does "most taxes" mean?

Does it mean they get taxed the most amount of money or does it mean that there are many different taxes for almost every activity you can think of - the IRS with the income tax, state taxes, land and property taxes, taxes on fuel, food, basically anything you can think of has a tax associated with it.

Or was he referring to business tax? - which is actually the highest in the world and is his main pledge for the election, to get business going again and attract foreign inward investment to USA. This would also be the tax he would probably be most familiar with, being that he was a businessman for as long as I can remember.

This is what I'm talking about CF, it isn't a genuine way to try and discredit people to take a vague quote like that and say he's telling lies to the people.
    Would be interested to get the full speech or interview that this was taken from. I bet he was talking about business tax.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    But he says it in such a vague way that different groups interpret it in different ways...

Business leaders may think "That means he'll reduce our business taxes"
    Your average middle class voter may think "That means I'll have to pay less tax"
    Libertarians and Tea Party folks might think "That means he'll reduce the government's involvement in our daily lives by reducing taxes across the board"

So you never know what he is actually saying, or actually promising, but now you've potentially got three groups listening to his speech and all thinking that he's telling them what they have always wanted to hear.

This is what I mean when he says he lacks substance.... he makes vague statements and promises, doesn't ever explain them, lets people think what they want, and gives himself plenty of wiggle room to backtrack when he realizes he can't do everything he has said..... it plays great to the masses

Like the wall with Mexico

"We're going to built a wall and make the Mexicans pay for it!" - "We'll deport all the Mexicans and only allow those who pass strict background checks back in"

Sounds great, scores points with the anti-immigrant folks in the south western USA.... and both are completely impractical and won't ever get done

That's his routine...... it's how he scores his points and it creates great sound bytes..... but he's got nothing in the way of actual plans

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    Not anything that disagrees with my view mate
    That's just me harassing you

On that site there they have a wee "lie-o-meter" and give a three word verdict on what they say is true.
    Several of those are clearly when he was being sarcastic, taken out of context (the immigration and 2nd amendment ones for example)
    Obviously when giving a speech there will be a bit of rhetoric involved, by all candidates, Ted Cruz was a belter at times.

What I would expect from a journalistic Pulitzer prize winning endeavour would be that they post links below each "lie" showing you evidence of the facts that directly contradict it.
    I'm happy to change my mind when there is something there showing I'm dead wrong but a lot of this does come down to opinion and your own outlook and preference.
    Actually, if you click on any of his quotes, it takes you to a page where they explain their rational and why they have declared the statement to be untrue.... those 3 word quotes are just little blurbs

- - - Updated - - -

Lets take the

"America is the most taxed nation in the world"

statement.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...tion-in-world/

This is the breakdown

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    So we are guaranteed a female Prime Minister in Britain come September.

You reckon it'll be a woman on the other side of the Atlantic as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    So we are guaranteed a female Prime Minister in Britain come September.

You reckon it'll be a woman on the other side of the Atlantic as well?
    I wasn't alive the last time this country had a female Prime Minister from the Tory party but I have seen the affects on my area Maggie Witch Thatcher had, lets just hope it doesn't go the same way.

vCash
    What affects?

316'sRegen Unattached
    it's effects guys.

Maggie would have had an affect.

You would notice the effects.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    I thought about pointing that out.....

vCash
    Grammar Nazi's this forum is full of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! Oh and know its alls too can't forget that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This place will never change. People thinking they know other people over the internet and question what they do their life and how they are doing it over a spelling mistake on a forum ffs. Some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The belittling atmosphere will always be here it seems.
    Last edited by Ste117; 10-07-16 at 07:38 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ste117 For This Useful Post:

vCash

He definitely was against the Iraq war at the time, I know that for a fact, I've watched old vids with him being interviewed about it.
    after the fact

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/02/don...-the-iraq-war/
    Last edited by Trust_in_Klopp; 10-07-16 at 08:05 PM.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the wall that Trump wants to build isn't meant to keep immigrants out...it is meant to keep U.S. citizens in.

Trump's main base of supporters are white supremacists who are too dumb to realize that that Trump IS NOT AN OUTSIDER

I can't see any real reason he wants to be president other than starting up a new reality TV show or to keep himself and his buddies out of jail for swindling everyone they've done business with.

I laugh my ass off every time someone says he'd make a good president because he is a business man....his business is robbing the poor

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trust_in_Klopp For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Because someone has a differing opinion to you, it doesn't mean they are dumb.

vCash

U.S. Presidential Election 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ste117 View Post
    Grammar Nazi's this forum is full of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! Oh and know its alls too can't forget that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This place will never change. People thinking they know other people over the internet and question what they do their life and how they are doing it over a spelling mistake on a forum ffs. Some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The belittling atmosphere will always be here it seems.
    They don't realize how it effects people

sorry couldn't resist.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Isn't the principle of a wall 'segregation'?

A factor that since at least 1960's was supposed to be abolished with a black president?

It seems as if the American vote was a popularity party of distinction, but surely not!

I mean, it's like a failed entrepreneur could advertise imself to be a credible nationalistic America republican candidate, which is promoted in favour in ill-fated discussions, but instead offered composition/opposite offerings bad upon circumstantial or public favour!

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste117 View Post

Breathe, buddy..... calm down...... no one is belittling anyone.....

I'm of the opinion that proper spelling and grammar are important, some other people aren't.... I don't criticize, but sometimes I point things out because I know that I'd like to be corrected when I get something wrong.... it's how I learn and grow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Breathe, buddy..... calm down...... no one is belittling anyone.....

I'm of the opinion that proper spelling and grammar are important, some other people aren't.... I don't criticize, but sometimes I point things out because I know that I'd like to be corrected when I get something wrong.... it's how I learn and grow
    I know CF but it ain't nice when you come here to relax and then to be made out by some people that I shouldn't be doing the things I do in my life because my grammar is sometimes bad on a forum. My grammar is spot on when and where I need it to be and that is what matters the most to me

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    As long as it's fine for your writing job, that's really all that matters

- - - Updated - - -

Never take my criticism of your spelling or grammar as a slight against your work or the things you do in your life.... just take them at face value and realize that I'm picky and sometimes like to be a jerk about it

316'sRegen Unattached
    Ste you are slightly embelishing what was actually said chum.

Affect and Effect are two different words with different meanings, that's all.

I don't know how that is belittling anyone or making out that you "shouldn't be doing the things you do in your life"

Echoing what CF said, I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to language and spelling grammar etc. I have always been that way and don't see it as me personally attacking anyone when being a grammar nazi as you call it

It says more about me than you I reckon but defintely not belittling or trying to say you are living your life wrong because of a misspelled word, I just care about the language
    Last edited by 316'sRegen; 11-07-16 at 03:56 PM.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast