Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: AUCTION Fantasy Football - Premier League 2016/2017 - DISCUSSION

vCash
    If it stops you asking me (Jokes) I'm in

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ste117 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Right - let's get this show on the road!

I've done a randomiser and auction player nominations are as below - I will PM the first 2 of you now - once you give me the player names (hopefully not same ) - I'll update auction threads and a bit longer than 24 hours for these 2

There were 17 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
    1. Colml
    2. Ste117
    3. Dermotron
    4. Mark
    5. Fods
    6. AJ
    7. Trunky
    8. Coys
    9. Offside Trap
    10. London35
    11. MarkC
    12. Kostis
    13. Ebfatz
    14.Erkifino
    15. Zansnake
    16. Pyromyst
    17. Janis89

IP: 82.124.49.175
    Timestamp: 2016-07-12 14:04:03 UTC

vCash
    FYI - I think I need to get about 5 auctions a day going after these initial 2 are finished as we'll need to get this started in 1 month (1st prem game is 13th August) and we need to get 187 players picked by then

There are probably some Europa qualifying games before that (not sure they count or not but see how next few days go and I should get a better handle of how many auctions each day to do and will keep you guys informed here
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 12-07-16 at 04:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    FYI - I think I need to get about 5 auctions a day going after these initial 2 are finished as we'll need to get this started in 1 month (1st prem game is 13th August) and we need to get 187 players picked by then

There are probably some Europa qualifying games before that (not sure they count or not but see how next few days go and I should get a better handle of how many auctions each day to do and will keep you guys informed here
    I agree.

vCash
    I'm gonna get 3 more auctions going today I think - I'll pm the next load of peop,e in line so I can get ahead of the game - I will also try and not have more than 2 players from 1 club going in auctions as well as you guys can only have 2 players from 1 team (e.g Arsenal) in your XI so don't want you hampered by that

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just exclude any games from say the start of the epl (15th aug or whenever it is)

vCash
    Yeah - I can do that if needs be but I'm sure people don't want auctions every day for the next 6 weeks/2 months

Once you guys run out of money then free picks can be multiple and done in same day etc further down the line

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    Free picks? Minimum price was 1M, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Free picks? Minimum price was 1M, right?

Example - you blow your cash on 2 huge players - 150m gone

You then sit quiet and cannot get involed in any more auctions (as you have no money)

So - you then wait until everyone else has run out of money (or picked team and have money left)

It is then at that point you can then fulfill the rest of your team from a free pick - that will go via the order that was set by randomiser

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AJ

VIP
    vCash
    cool.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    150 on Kane rest freebies easy game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Example - you blow your cash on 2 huge players - 150m gone

You then sit quiet and cannot get involed in any more auctions (as you have no money)

So - you then wait until everyone else has run out of money (or picked team and have money left)

It is then at that point you can then fulfill the rest of your team from a free pick - that will go via the order that was set by randomiser
    And that can be any player not chosen up until that point?
    Think Coys has the right idea!!

vCash
    Correct!

The gamble is do you buy 1 "big bitter" and gamble you can pick up 10 dceent players as freebies (there are 17 managers) so the freebies may not that great maybe

FYI - last year - I did not have 1 big player - I let my friends spend big on Aguero etc

My team below

Martial came in (Jan window) for Sakho
    Wollschield came in (Jan Window) for Rojo

But I made the cardinal error of making STERLING my Captain and majorly backfired - I was near top around January and then Captain fooked me over and I ended up 4th

Last edited by Redknapp69; 13-07-16 at 12:47 PM.

vCash
    So if I buy one player, I can then choose any 10 players of my choice that have not yet been auctioned and get them for free.
    From anyone available in the Premier League. (2 per club permitting).

If so, my being a skinflint might be good for me.

vCash
    And for info - 1st 2nd and 3rd is below

1st was far left
    2nd was middle
    3rd was on the right

image hosting no register

vCash
    I know who I want to spend the bulk of my budget on, and I'll go straight in with my available budget for him to win the auction.

vCash
    If I'm not mistaken the filler with come from 187 players who weren't purchased at auction. Not just random pick of anyone not listed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the filler with come from 187 players who weren't purchased at auction. Not just random pick of anyone not listed?
    correct - so anyone who will or you think (i.e could take a wildcard and say Pogba!) you can choose for free after anyone with money has fulfilled thier team

So - People with money left have priority of filling team

Those who blow all cash have to wait untilt hsoe with money have finished

And auction can eb for ANY player - e.g - you could do a Pogba auction if you think he play in EPL next year - big gamble tho!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I know who I want to spend the bulk of my budget on, and I'll go straight in with my available budget for him to win the auction.
    Tony Hibbert?!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    So if I buy one player, I can then choose any 10 players of my choice that have not yet been auctioned and get them for free.
    From anyone available in the Premier League. (2 per club permitting).

If so, my being a skinflint might be good for me.

If you spend 150m on 1 player you will have to make up rest of team from freebies which you would do after anyone with money left finishes off compiling thier team first

Freebie picks then go round the table as per the order on randomsier

Yes - 2 per club

or (which maybe you are getting at) - you may buy 1 player e.g 20m

But choose not to spend any more money

If so, then you could pick up rest of players for 1m each or something (as freebies only for those with no money left)

Then whatever left of your 150m gets converted to 1 point for every 1m so you will then have a head start points wise in the table

VIP
    vCash
    Then whatever left of your 150m gets converted to 1 point for every 1m so you will then have a head start points wise in the table

I thought every 1M not spent also meant loss of points?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought every 1M not spent also meant loss of points? Never mind, I misread.

vCash
    from "da rules" thread................

4 – Any UNDERspending of your 150m gives you a head start. e.g if Mark only spends 100m he will start the season with 50 points (1 point for every 1m NOT spent)
    5 - Any OVERspending of your 150m gives you a negative points start. e.g if Dermo spends 152m he will start the season off at -20 points (Minus 10 points for every 1m overspent)

vCash
    So if I don't buy anybody and I get a 150 point head start and fill up with some good freebies.

Hmm

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yep - It's an option............................

You can get this year's Deeney/Vardy etc

Might be a load of sh!t left tho! (as 176 players may have gone by then) 16 managers * 11 players (assuming they all have money left)

vCash
    I'm just writing this after 1st lot of auctions so you guys understand what the score is (AKA "teaching to suck eggs")

Dermotron - he gets Mahrez. This now means he can only sign 1 more Leicester player. If he signs more than 2 he will have penalty points against him (so - if he signs another one and then in error he bids on a 3rd I would say for none of you to outbid him and he'll get penalty points - but maybe those penalty points will not outweigh what he gets back say if it was Vardy and he banged the goals in)

Dermo also only has 103m left now - if he spends more than that he will have penalty points. If he can mange to fill his team and have cash left over from 103m he will gain some points with what is left over

The above applies to Offside Trap (can now only buy 1 more player from Spurs and Liverpool), AJ (1 more Man Utd player) and Erkifino (1 more Man City player)

Hope this makes it a bit clearer for you

I am keeping tabs on your teams and money and formation but I am NOT alerting you if you are looking like penalising yourself - tha tis for you to manage - maybe create a team thread if you want etc

But - if you do f*ck up then i'll inform you with the relevant penalty

1 more thing - the dream team are releasing thier game in next couple of days so it will have the player POSITIONS on there - these are the positions (e.g DEF/MID/STR) that will count for your formations so make sure you do not have 5 strikers etc!

I will send a link to the player position update when its released in next couple of days but you should all be fine now as you'll only sin a few players max by the time that comes out

Any Q's as ever ask away or ping me a PM

Cheers

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast