Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AUCTION Fantasy Football - Premier League 2016/2017 - DISCUSSION

vCash

AUCTION Fantasy Football - Premier League 2016/2017 - DISCUSSION

Hi All

This is something I do with my friends every season and thought I would bring it into play here with myself managing it (but I will not participate)

In simple terms............

1 - You have a "fake" 150m
    2 - You need to build a team of 11 players (via auction bidding - more of that below) - once you have done this you do not need to be involved that much (except transfer window)
    3 - Some restrictions on formation and how many players from 1 team
    4 - I provide score updates and table
    5 - Some transfer window/haggling during season
    6 - FREE to play

So - what I need to know is who is interested in this to gauge numbers - If interested, please post below

Some more details how it works and how I see it working here...........

How are players picked?

With the game I play with my friends, we have food/beers and around a table for an evening and thrash it all out via "Auctions" - e.g I name a player (say Rooney), then it goes around table until someone bids highest and nobody else wants to bid. The player is then "won" and in his team with price decremented from his 150m

and so on........

But as this will not be possible for us then my thought is the following

1 - 2 members in a random order will each nominate a player

2 - I open up an auction thread for each player and people can bid until a deadline time of say 24 hours. So, if you can only get on the forum once then you can not mess about and just put in your max bid (think of it like ebay!)

3 - I cannot do lots of player auctions as I want to restrict only 2 players from a club in your team (e.g - you can only have 2 Arsenal players in your team) - if I did mutiple auctions it may mean you are left with more than 2 players from a club if nobody outbid you.

4 - At deadline time, the highest bid "wins" the player for thier team and the bid is decremented from thier 150m

5 - If someone runs out of money (i.e blows 150m on Aguero) then they have to wait right until the end to pick up anyone else. Up until that point, as long as you have money then you can keep bidding/buying players. This is where you chose your strategy wisely! If we do not have many member playing then you may decide to hold back and pick up reasonable players for cheap. But if we have lots of members interested then it might be you spend more to secure what you perceive the "top players"

6 - RANDOM RULE - You can also nominate a random player not in EPL but you have a hunch he might join (e.g Pogba- thinking he may go to Man Utd) - This could mean you get a player for very cheap with some inside knowledge or look like an idiot when the move doesn't happens and he scores 0 point for you until a transfer window!

Restrictions

1 - Formation can be 442, 433, 352, 532, 343, 451 - any violation of this and leads to a penalty (TBC how many points - maybe 50 points)

2 - Any overspending (of the 150m) incurs a penalty, (TBC but maybe 25 points per 1m over or something) but any UNDERspending means for every 1m NOT spent = 1 point. So - if I spend 142m then I have 8 points. So - you could not buy anyone, pick up a load of freebies (likely average players) and have 150 points head start!

How are points calculated?

1 - Points gained from PL games, League and FA Cup Games and Champ League and Europa League. Does anyone know a good website that provides this apart from The Sun? Telegraph just seems to PL and Cup games. Fant Football is just league. As we are not paying for teams I don't mind pulling the scores from The Sun - dont really wanna give them my money otherwise

2 - Points for goals, clean sheets, assist etc etc will all be unveiled when I choose which site to go through

Transfer Window/HAGGLES

1 - We will have a transfer window in January where you can get rid of "x" players for free and then others for a points fine

2 - To make this more interactive I may look at some HAGGLES - either after initial teams are picked, during season etc. Need to think about that but happy for suggestions

3 - In January, you can pick a Captian who from January (after Jan transfer window date we will do) until end of season scores DOUBLE points - so - you may want to think of a high scoring player or someone playing in Europe who will have more games etc. Again, this might be something to think about when picking initial team!

AOB

I would probably look to do updates weekly (maybe Friday as it's quiet and no games on really so scores should be updated) or fortnightly at worst. I'd add some commentary and point out injured/suspended players etc

I usually do the scores on excel - so will see if that works posting them here or can amend somehow

So - please show your interest below as I'll need to get this going soon as first game is 13th August and we'll have a lot of auctions to get through!

Cheers

Interested "Managers"
    Erkifino
    Colml
    London35
    Janis89
    Fods
    AJ
    MarkC
    Offside Trap
    Kostis
    Zansnake
    Coys
    Trunky
    Ebfatz
    Dermotron
    Mark
    Pyromyst
    Ste117
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 12-07-16 at 03:03 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Haven't read all the rules yet but sign me up my good man.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I read the first paragraph but sounds good so count me in

6. The Following User Says Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    ill give this a go....Hurt my brain reading all that....but im sure it will all come good in the wash!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Janis89 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sign me up mush

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one chaps

AJ is online now Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    Sounds like good times!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'd love to have a go at this, sounds great fun.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Liking the sound of it Red - Im game

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I' m in

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kostis For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I am interested, will say in or not later after Euro Final

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Meh, fuck it! I'm in!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Dunno what this is but considering you've asked me 3 times in the shout box i'm in?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good lad - nice group taking place - might leave it open another 24/48 hours then we'll get cracking on next steps and the auctions.

I'll maybe ask Mark to create a separate section for it as you may want to create "offices" etc to keep track of teams etc

vCash
    Badabing...how you doing...

In like Flynn...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good man!

Come on roll up - closing time for the event in next 24 hours or so

vCash
    Go on then. I'll have a crack.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Go on then. I have a huge crack.

Say something we don't know.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    FYI - Maybe looking to have the first auctions (2 players) starting from tomorrow

Just seeing if Mark can create a separate area for this so I can create a Finances thread, Auctions, etc and you guys may want to have an "office" thread just to keep an eye on your team you are building etc

I'll wait until later today and then randomise the names into an order so first name wil nominate a player for auction

I'll then create an auction thread (will last 24 hours) where people can bid

For the person putting a player up for auction, it doesn't mean they have to "want" him - i.e - you could choose Rooney and assume that although you start the bidding with 1m then surely others will outbid you (1m minimum increments)

But if nobody does outbod the 1m then he is your player

So - I would expect some "big hitters" to go through a lot of auctions but then (for example), Mark may bid on a Stoke defender () and get him for 1m if nobody else bid

Once first auction is complete i'll then do a summary of what that means for player who bought him so you get an idea of it going forward

e.g - Mark buys Shawcross for 1m

He can only have 1 more Stoke player in his team (limit of 2 club players in your team)

Mark has 149m left for other auctions

He needs to ensure that player fits in an allowed formation - 442, 433, 352, 532, 343, 451

BTW - anyone have a decent website we can use otherwise i'll have to go with Dream Team (as that includes, League, both cups and all European games) - so as a hint you may score more with clubs that are in Europe!

I'll leave it today for any more entrants, hope Mark can setup a new section for this and then will randomise picking order and PM the 2 people who can choose first 2 auction players

Will then create auction thread tonight or tomorrow morning (is there a preferred time for them to start as I should probably keep it the same time so easier for people to know but need to take into account Fods and CF etc in other timezones - so what is ideal time? - 11pm UK time running for 24 hours? - As I said you only need to put 1 bid in if preferred (like an ebay "top bid") so no need to keep bidding if you cannot access the site various times during day

Cheers

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one Dermo

FYI - this was points structure last year

Points are awarded as follows:

All players
    Star Man and 7+ Ratings: +5 points for Star Man and +3 points for a rating of seven or above out of ten will remain. However these will no longer be decided by the Sun’s Match Reporter and will instead by calculated by our stats based algorithms. Hoorah!
    Assists have arrived: +2 points (eat your heart out Fabregas)
    Each goal scored (excluding own goals): +5 points
    Hat-trick (3 or more goals): + 5 points
    Yellow card: -1 point
    Red Card Eligible Player Scores: -3 points

Goalkeepers
    Penalty Save or Miss: +3 points

Defenders and Goalkeepers
    Clean Sheet (no goals conceded) +5 points
    2 Goals Conceded: -1 point
    Each Goal Conceded Over two goals: -1 point

Penalty Takers
    Penalty Save or Miss (as defined above) -3 points

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'll give it a go. Will create a section for you in the Community area and move this thread into it.
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    i'll be up for this redders.. sounds like fun.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to pyromyst For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Gawd bless ya Pyro!

First auctions will be tonight (2 auctions)

I will be pm'ing 2 people later today for nominations of player for auctions

Cheers

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast