Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Terror Timeline - Are attacks increasing in frequency?

316'sRegen Unattached

The Terror Timeline - Are attacks increasing in frequency?

Are mass shootings and terrorist attacks increasing exponentially?

Last weekend we had 3 events in Germany and 80 people were also killed in Afghanistan by multiple suicide bombers attacking a protest march in Kabul.

Paris and Brussels, the American attacks, the Lee Rigby killing in broad daylight, it seems like there are loads of these crazy attacks happening all the time now.
    Maybe because these events are so heinous they seem to be more prevalent than they are.

In order to judge this I want to keep a record of these lunatics and psychos over the next while.
    Stick any attacks in this thread. Doesn't have to be ISIS or whatever, just any event that basically causes fear and terror.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think a lot more of them are getting my news time than they normally would too!

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    I think it's more a matter of media coverage than anything else.... the world has always been a violent place full of attacks and terror and war.... we just see it all now instead of staying isolated in our little bubbles

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Agree with that.

Social media now means we know everything instantly.

vCash
    But you have to take it a step further and say there's a reason why the media is broadcasting more and more of these attacks. They want us to live in fear, I mean with regards to the whole world these attacks are petty. The attacks could be happening at similar frequency than before but its almost a fad at the moment for news stations to report them, so of course we are hearing more of it.

Probably because they are distracting the masses of more important news, such as the WikiLeaks releases, or similar events.. The media is controlled by similar people all over the world, I wouldn't zone too much into it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ACossu For This Useful Post:

vCash
    While the media coverage is more detailed and instant these days, that's hardly the conclusion to draw. Germany hasn't been "a place full of attacks and terror and war".

A rundown of the last week!

17-year old Afghan dude tries to kill people with an axe in Würzburg and gets shot in the process.

18-year old German-Iranian shoots people in Munich and himself.

21-year old Syrian kills a woman with a machete in Reutlingen.

27-year old Syrian tries to get inside a festival in Ansbach and blow people up. Ends up blowing up himself outside.

You can't try and tell me that these things have happened the last 20 years and people just missed it.

What's the one thing these people have in common? (Hint: it's not their light skin and Christian belief...)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patinoz For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Ya, I'm not trying to downplay the rough week Germany has had, especially since one of my good friends lives in Reutlingen, 5 minutes from where the machete attack took place... I meant the overall picture

Your open border policy doesn't help matters.... even though the German mass shooter seems to have been born in Germany and inspired by Brevik, and not ISIS, that doesn't make it any better

316'sRegen Unattached
    Even Merkel is starting to change her tune on #RefugeesWelcome

The kid shooter was a German but that is 1/4.

I thought it a bit odd that they locked down the whole city and everyone cowered in fear for about 13 hours during his attack. This seems to be the standard response now globally where a generation ago the answer would have been to SWAT team the c**t and resume normal service ASAP. I do think people are living more in fear these days like ACossu says.
    Last edited by Craig Forrest; 25-07-16 at 03:15 PM.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post

I thought it a bit odd that they locked down the whole city and everyone cowered in fear for about 13 hours during his attack. This seems to be the standard response now globally where a generation ago the answer would have been to SWAT team the c**t and resume normal service ASAP. I do think people are living more in fear these days like ACossu says.
    Working in a police environment gives me some insight into that....

In the first while, you have no idea what's going on..... multiple different accounts from panicked witnesses.... was it one guy? 5 people? Are they still inside? did they get out? is this part of a coordinated attack? just a lone wolf?

So you don't take chances. You lock everything down because if it is more than just one person, it's far better to over react than it is to provide an underwhelming response that leads to more people being attacked or killed.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Yes there seemed to be a lot of confusion, at first it was announced there were multiple shooters etc, maybe the 16 year old they are talking to today had been scoped on the scene with the shooter or something.

I get that they need to provide an intelligent response and protect everyone etc, but it just seemed to drag on for way too long.
    The pictures that were broadcast showed a lot of cops with sub machine guns on the streets kind of holding their position and keeping a vigilant eye.

Being knowledgeable about that sort of thing CF, did you think it went on for longer than would be usually expected?

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    no. because they need to be sure it's over.

We had a lone wolf shooter here in the fall of 2014.... but from the media reports and the live news broadcasts, you didn't know if it was one guy or 10.... there were reports of multiple shooters, snipers on buildings, etc...

turns out it was one guy, shot a soldier standing honour guard at a war memorial, then ran into our Parliament where he was shot dead by security..... whole thing was over in 20 minutes, but because no one knew exactly what had happened, and exactly who was involved, everything was locked down for a good 8 to 10 hours while they made sure there were no other threats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    What's the one thing these people have in common? (Hint: it's not their light skin and Christian belief...)
    Exactly the response these media corporations want you to have.
    They want you to become sub-consciously racist - they want you to fear people who are from the Middle-East. And you are letting them.

Why? So their continual war on said area's are seen as "necessary" and to "protect" people.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Here's the thing.

The majority of terrorist attacks are carried out by fanatics. Currently, the fanatic flavour of the day is radical Islam. That doesn't mean that all Muslims are bad.... in fact with only 100,000+ members of jihadist groups and 1.6 billion Muslims, it's not even 1% of the world's Muslims that are to blame.... but currently, it is that tiny percentage that is causing the issues.

You cannot beat religious fanatics with power.... the simple fact that they are willing to kill themselves for their beliefs is proof of that..... all you can do is try your best to keep the fanatics contained, and to try and reduce the number of people that hold these beliefs.....

How did the English deal with the fanatical Irish nationalists back in the day? My knowledge of the Troubles isn't so good..... I'm sure they didn't ban all Irish.... but at the same time, I bet the Irish were looked at with suspicion.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    How did the English deal with the fanatical Irish nationalists back in the day? My knowledge of the Troubles isn't so good..... I'm sure they didn't ban all Irish.... but at the same time, I bet the Irish were looked at with suspicion.....
    I remember getting searched in Bristol airport on the way back from a summer job in 1999. They had UK, EU, Non-EU and Rep. of Ireland segregation for passport checks. Was kind of shocked and bemused by it. My bag was full of Quavers, cheesy Wotsits and Vimto cos you couldn't get any of that here. Had about 15 minutes of pretty much 'are you in the IRA' questioning. I know how to make a petrol bomb but that's about it. Considering I was working in a nursing home wiping the arse's of English war heroes I was red faced with anger more than being caught red handed. Amazing difference when started going to Old Trafford in 2004 though. Came and went on an out of date drivers licence to one game. Time, peace and money change a mindset pretty quickly.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

316'sRegen Unattached
    Locked up without charge mate. Internment.

Of course it didn't work They got elected to parliament from their jail cells

I wouldn't really compare that though because although they wanted to destroy the British they weren't fanatical enough to blow themselves up!

Not all muslims are bad but I would say that within their own community the normal middle of the road families fear the jihadi types too.
    This rule of fear means that the likes of the guy who was in the Paris attacks was able to move to Brussels and be hidden by the muslim community only to resurface for the Brussels attack. The people hiding him probably didn't really want to and were doing this because they were afraid of reprisals. The comparison to here would be more fitting in this scenario because the IRA on one side and the UVF/UDA on the other basically ruled their own areas in a similar manner for 25 years.
    The way I see it the problem is that these guys don't assimilate into the culture they are joining, they self segregate and create ghettos and don't want to be part of their new community. Tackling that issue would be the best way to try and deal with the problem.

This wave of migrants was always going to cause this type of chaos. ISIS told us they were going to do exactly what they are doing now when they were ransacking Libya years ago.
    The fact that most of our leaders throughout Europe were rolling out the red carpets to unlimited migrants after this declaration of war from ISIS seems at the least very short sighted.

vCash
    In the state I live in the only terror attacks have been in response to stories about muslims.

White people that are too dumb to realize that Sikhs are not muslims are the source of all the terror here in Wisconsin.

I'm pretty sure this happens all around the U.S.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Well you had the Tamil suicide bombers in India..... you had fanatical Christian militia men in the US (McVeigh et al)..... you've got fanatical Buddhists in Myanmar killing Muslims..... like I said, fanatics.... they all had specific targets... ISIS has as a target anyone who isn't a strict adherent to their version of Islam..... which unfortunately means pretty much everyone.... including other Muslims which I think account for 95% of their terror victims so far

vCash
    French officials say armed men who took hostages at church have been 'neutralised'

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/0...orthern-france

vCash
    Nothing a few nukes can sort out.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste117 View Post
    Nothing a few nukes can sort out.
    That's very Russian of you

too bad there'd be a lot of civilian casualties.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    That's very Russian of you

too bad there'd be a lot of civilian casualties.....
    that comes with war.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    No ste.... civilian casualties are to be avoided when possible..... you advocating the nuking of "them" makes you no better than "them"..... rampant death and destruction with no regard for the innocent

316'sRegen Unattached
    where are you targeting?

Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan, Dagistan, Uzbekistan, Saudi Arabia?

Of course, once you launch your missiles the retaliatory strikes could automatically kick in.

In the Terminator series, they call it "Judgement Day"

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    I'd be ok if they nuked Albania..... no reason, I'm just not a fan

316'sRegen Unattached
    Certainly all the "refugees" in Europe would be activated and continent wide civil war would be upon us.

Could be a good way to purge the deadwood, eh?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast