Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Legends Database

vCash
    Ronnie Whelan

vCash
    Steve Nicol

vCash
    Didn't take into account his other spells so yeah you're probably right.

vCash
    Probably not matter anyway but just saying if Scotland needs done i'm here to help.

vCash
    Jimmy McGrory
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    Pelé at Santos

vCash
    Just in case people missed it in the first post,

Can I help?

Yes, you can! Feedback is the most important thing after each one of a release so you can provide feedback in this thread for me. Please note that I am not going to add players into the database by your requests although I am happy to edit the attributes/abilities or reputations of players that I have already put into the database. That also includes positional changes and whether the player should actually be at a different team.

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm taking attribute/position changes now mate So let me know what you think Rosler needs and I'll change it. The positions for the other guys have been changed
    Must have skipped over the bit in the original post or misread it because I could of sworn you said you were only taking positional changes haha. For Uwe Rosler I suggest the following:

Finishing 20 (numerous times he was top goalscorer during his spell at City)
    Strength 20 (incredibly strong striker)
    Jumping 20 (was known for being good in the air)

Acceleration, Anticipation, Bravery, Determination, Decisions, Heading, Off The Ball, Pace, Stamina, and Technique all need reviewing too. Perhaps increase all by 4 or 5 points to bring him up to scratch

vCash
    Finishing 20? The guy has a career goal ratio of barely 1 in 4, and at City not even 1 in 3, despite playing two seasons in the first division (Championship).

316'sRegen Unattached
    UWE ROSLER?

he didn't warrant any 20

vCash

As a self proclaim SIM db fan, surely that post is joke

vCash
    Beez, I've already told you numerous times that I'm not taking requests for players to be added! It's just going to be pointless posts mate.

Jesus, I'm sure he's an idol at Man City but come on, 4 stats at 20? Let's try and keep it in perspective (unbiased) mate, there's going to be some true legends in the database that do warrant 20's.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Rosler ....that ranks with Sol Campbell as the world's fastest footballer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterfan View Post
    Rosler ....that ranks with Sol Campbell as the world's fattest footballer.
    Corrected.

316'sRegen Unattached
    if anyone for man city kinkladze is worth a look he was a true man c legend

vCash
    Excellent work Mark!

I knew you were workin on this for some time now, but to finally release it- even if a first draft - is a dream come true!

I couldnt help notice that you included a euro.cgf file along with the DB. Seeing England it seems you followed a logic of number of leagues won, or am I wrong? If so, great idea. Now, If you want some help figuring out the most successful teams in each country, let me know, I'd be glad to have that posted here, or even build the whole euro.cfg file!

And about the managers, I suppose your idea is to add to each team the most successful manager, or is it the one with most seasons at the club? Anyway, two good directions to follow, and again, if you need help on that, I'd be delighted to research!

KUTGW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swedishcmgod View Post
    how far back does this go? Any restrictions there?
    No restrictions - The playerhistory website has a large volume of players in their database and stretches back to the 1900's.

Quote Originally Posted by swedishcmgod View Post
    haha big fucking surprise, only Ljungberg and Larsson in the game so far (odds 1.02)

It's looking great though mate, gj
    I've definitely added more than just 2 Swedes mate but maybe they were added for v2 which I'm working on now. Rest assured you'll have plenty of Swedes to play with in the future

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Ian Rush

Done!

Ronnie Whelan

Done!

Steve Nicol

Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Must have skipped over the bit in the original post or misread it because I could of sworn you said you were only taking positional changes haha. For Uwe Rosler I suggest the following:

Finishing 20 (numerous times he was top goalscorer during his spell at City)
    Strength 20 (incredibly strong striker)
    Jumping 20 (was known for being good in the air)

Acceleration, Anticipation, Bravery, Determination, Decisions, Heading, Off The Ball, Pace, Stamina, and Technique all need reviewing too. Perhaps increase all by 4 or 5 points to bring him up to scratch
    Giving him 3 20's is a bit OTT but I've raised all the attributes you mention anyway, should look a lot better in v2 hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by ClayDatsusara View Post
    Excellent work Mark!

I knew you were workin on this for some time now, but to finally release it- even if a first draft - is a dream come true!

I couldnt help notice that you included a euro.cgf file along with the DB. Seeing England it seems you followed a logic of number of leagues won, or am I wrong? If so, great idea. Now, If you want some help figuring out the most successful teams in each country, let me know, I'd be glad to have that posted here, or even build the whole euro.cfg file!

And about the managers, I suppose your idea is to add to each team the most successful manager, or is it the one with most seasons at the club? Anyway, two good directions to follow, and again, if you need help on that, I'd be delighted to research!

KUTGW!
    Actually Clay, that's one thing that I forgot to mention in the OP I would love it if people are able to come up with the most successful teams in each country to give me an updated euro.cfg.

England is indeed the only one that I've updated and I'd also changed all the clubs in the leagues based on their positioning in the all-time table. If there are similar websites out there for other nations, that'd be fantastic and I'll get any data in for v2!

I am also indeed looking to add the most successful manager to each club as well, think I did a couple but not all of them. As most successful managers are still managing today, I've opted to add managers in who are no longer with us.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Patrik Andersson and Niclas Alexandersson are also in there.

I'm not too sure on that all time table either, teams like Bristol City and Bury in the prem are probably up there as they've played more games being in the lower divisions, and given the likes of Spurs and Leeds are in the 1st division I don't think it's quite right. Huddersfield, and West Ham (2nd division) probably deserve a place in the top flight too, so maybe do it by trophies won or number of top leagues won, and it'll be easier to work out for other countries.

Another thing I've noticed is players that were old in 3.9.68 that you have made younger still have poor/low pace and acceleration stats, which will need changing. Bolton's centre back pairing of Alan Stubbs and Mark Fish have pace 3 and 4, and acc 3 and 5 respectively for example. Duncan Ferguson at Everton is another with low stats for these.

I'll post up some Milan players for you now mate.
    Last edited by AMC; 29-03-12 at 09:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Actually Clay, that's one thing that I forgot to mention in the OP I would love it if people are able to come up with the most successful teams in each country to give me an updated euro.cfg.

England is indeed the only one that I've updated and I'd also changed all the clubs in the leagues based on their positioning in the all-time table. If there are similar websites out there for other nations, that'd be fantastic and I'll get any data in for v2!

I am also indeed looking to add the most successful manager to each club as well, think I did a couple but not all of them. As most successful managers are still managing today, I've opted to add managers in who are no longer with us.
    about the most successful clubs and division distribution, I will post the Portuguese table for you - I have seen it many times and it is based on games played in the Premier Division, not trophies won or european qualification.

I will also provide info on the managers each team should have - the most successful one, or if the team has never been very successful, the one who spent more seasons on the club or the most remembered (Luis Russo will surely give a hand here as well )

vCash
    That sounds best, if there was an English equivalent that would be fantastic.

vCash
    1. Bundesliga Teams

teams for euro.cfg file explain itself then I guess

vCash
    Here is the table with the most successful teams in the Portuguese Premier League

http://www.zerozero.pt/competicao.ph...ssif&id_comp=3

the ranking is based on points won in the Prem League

vCash
    That sounds best, if there was an English equivalent that would be fantastic.
    you mean, this?:

http://www.zerozero.pt/competicao.ph...ssif&id_comp=4

on zerozer we can find such rankings for almost every european country, iirc

vCash
    Awesome!

United in 4th too

vCash
    Spain:
    http://www.zerozero.pt/competicao.ph...ssif&id_comp=5

Germany (slightly different from Pat's version):
    http://www.zerozero.pt/competicao.ph...sif&id_comp=11

Italy:
    http://www.zerozero.pt/competicao.ph...sif&id_comp=10

... and the list goes on, just go to the zerozero site (www.footballzz.co.uk in english), click on the banner of the country desired on the bottom left of the side-menu and then go to Competition link, All Time Table, both on the upper right menu

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast