Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CM 89/90 project - in progress

vCash
    Oh Mate you star, some old classics there, Sterling, Halsall, Godden

Watkins? is that Dale Watkins?

if so, he was in the original version of CM 01/02 as a 28/29 year or something, I think, dont quote me exact, but I always purchased him and linked him up with Onesimo (spanish 31 year old freebie) amd Leo Fortun West who you could pick up for about 90k as he starts loan listed

vCash
    It is indeed the legendary Dale Watkins - he began his career as a Peterborough apprentice.

vCash
    Bloody hell! played Bingo with his mum and dad many many years ago at a little social club, pure Welsh they are

Mate this is quality to see, I'd of been 10 years old when this squad were all there, but it was 1991/92 season that Posh excelled, Quarters of the Rumblelows Cup, beating Wimbledon, Newcastle and.... Liverpool on the way, before Middlesbro beat us in a replay, Stuart bloody Ripley, and we ended up making promotion that year too via play offs

vCash
    Great work. I've started one from the following season. It takes loads of time and effort so I can really appreciate your work. I've stopped doing it for the last month or so but I'd got to a similar stage as yours by the looks of things. Couple of questions - did you start with an empty db or are you overwriting players, and which editor are you using?

vCash
    I'm overwriting existing players - I find adding and removing players to be unreliable (I mark players for deletion then overwtote them). I use the original editor provided by SI.

vCash
    If you want to take a look, here's a playable beta: https://www.sendspace.com/file/gfkfef. Obviously bear in mind that it's a work in progress, but any feedback is welcome.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simontreanor For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great work Simon I start game 3.65 patch...no problems for now...selected Italy A.B.C1,C2 manage Juventus Inter Milan Italy...if this is version beta i can't to be immagine definitive version thank you

vCash
    Dutch league playable as well??

I saw all the screen shots on the previous page. Looks tasty!

vCash
    The Dutch league is playable, but not complete - the Eredivisie is done, but half the Eerste Divisie still have their 2002 squads, and the other half have only about 10 players each as I can't find the info as yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by simontreanor View Post
    The Dutch league is playable, but not complete - the Eredivisie is done, but half the Eerste Divisie still have their 2002 squads, and the other half have only about 10 players each as I can't find the info as yet.
    So I can play the Eredivisie 1989-1990 without the game crashing? That's all I need right now for the story I am writing.
    That would be awesome!

vCash
    Yes, I'm fairly certain you can.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to simontreanor For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can you post the link with the most recent update in you first post on page 1?
    So that it's always easy to find and there's only one link then?

vCash
    OK, have done - I've been on holiday and now have no internet at home, so no progress in the last week. Has anyone had a chance to try the beta?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to simontreanor For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi Simon i'm playing yours 8990....for now no problem i select Italy championship manage juve inter milan and national Italy...but some times crashing when the savegame elaborate data(results match notification)....one thing the verona's golalkeeper his real age in 89-90 season was 35 not 25....for now excellent work..thank you very much

vCash
    P.S. in the game was installed 3.65 patch
    good evening

vCash
    OK, have done - I've been on holiday and now have no internet at home, so no progress in the last week. Has anyone had a chance to try the beta?
    Look at my story: http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8635
    At Page 5 I started to use your database!
    Of course I edit it, too, so it fits my story.

vCash
    That's cool!

As for the crashing - I haven't experienced it myself - you may need 3.9.68 plus the Tapani patch, which is what I'm using.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to simontreanor For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That's cool!

As for the crashing - I haven't experienced it myself - you may need 3.9.68 plus the Tapani patch, which is what I'm using.
    Hi Simon.....for now crashing it's over....i have installed Tapani patch and 3.9.68 with new savegame...so old save game crashing no more
    thank you again

23. The Following User Says Thank You to gilles2782 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    PS with the new savegame i selected in background Gemany and Englang championship plus Italy seņected

cheers

vCash
    I played as Liverpool 20 games in to the season(in the league) and I was two point ahead of Arsenal(best thing was to see Man Utd struggle at 14th...) Then I had to restore my laptop which was a bit annoying especially since I forgot to save my Liverpool save to the flash drive... But I had no problems with this data and I used the 3.9.68 patch.

Thanks for this awesome data package simontreanor!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NorgeFederico For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone! I've been on holiday, then had no internet, and have since been busy, so I've not made much progress - hope to pick it up again soon.

However, the lact of internet gave me a chance to play the game properly: seven years in with Bayern Munich (English and German leagues selected), and it's working really well. Still a lot to do though!

vCash
    This is still my favorite Data to play with! and i look forward to the next updates you make!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NorgeFederico For This Useful Post:

vCash
    After a busy few months, I;m getting back to this a little it - focusing quite a lot on German lower division teams at the moment - I also want to work on South America, so have done a few Brazil teams. Hopefully I'll get some screenshots soon - I played a 23 season career with FC Bayern, and it worked pretty well all told.

vCash
    Here you go:

Forgot that Mark Lawrenson played for Peterborough at the end of his career.

David Longhurst sadly lost his life on the football pitch. I believe he had a heart attack on the pitch whilst playing for York City for not long after this time.

vCash
    Strictly speaking, Lawro was only manager of Peterborough. I decided to make him player/manager though, because:

a) he played for other clubs after he left them
    b) most squads were a lot smaller then, and CM 01/02 allows for 5-7 subs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast