Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wales not in European Championship Qualification

vCash
    Issue solved . . . . and indeed it's Montenegro being added in but not entirely.

When the game and 3.9.68 patch came out, Kazakhstan played in Asia and only moved to Europe in 2002. Somewhere after someone moved them to Europe so every database since, they haven't enter the Euro Qualifying.

It must be set to 51 team limit as since the ODB, Kazakhstan and Montenegro have been added meaning Yugoslavia and Wales haven't entered alphabetically.

Wonder is there anything that can be done to A. expand the number of teams (from a patching perspective) or B. get 2 of the minnows excluded instead (from a data perspective)

Could always move Kazakhstan back to Asia

vCash
    Well, I have just started a new game. Moving Kazakhstan back to Asia results in the game freezing when initialising the database (as described here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...ading-new-game).

Montenegro is the only nation where the editor doesn't come up with "This nation is required by the game (cannot change its name)". Therefore I have changed the name in order for it to be behind Wales in the alphabet. Again the game froze during database initialisation. Then I've deleted Montenegro, but yet again the same result as before occurred.

Unfortunately I cannot change the number of teams eligible to take part in the Euro Championship Qualifiers.

Any solution?

vCash
    If you move Kazakhstan back, clear them from the euro.cfg and delete their uefa co-efficients too

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I changed their uefa co-efficients to 0 before. Just tried to clear Kazakhstan from the euro.cfg using EuroEditor, but unfortunately they are not even in it.

vCash
    Guess I'd have to change the nation_comp.dat, but don't have a clue how to do it.

vCash
    If they are not in it that's your original problem, wrong euro.cfg file. They are in Euro.cfg the March Update. To be honest your better off changing it in notepad.

vCash
    All right, using notepad I can see them, too. I'll give it a try and report back later.

Good news! Game didn't freeze after removing Kazakhstan from the euro.cfg after putting them back to Asia.

That, indeed, did the trick. Wales are back in the Euro Qualifiers. Summary:

P: Wales (and Serbia/Yugoslavia) do not take part in the Qualification for the European Championship.

R: Competition is set for 51 team, but Kazakhstan has been moved from Asia to Europe and Montenegro has been added as a new country, hence there are 53 European national teams. Wales and Yugoslavia are, alphabetically, the last two teams in Europe.

S: Put Kazakhstan back to Asia, delete their teams from the euro.cfg (using notepad) and set their UEFA coefficient to zero. That puts Wales back into the Euro Qualifiers. May or may not work for Serbia as well if Montenegro is deleted or (no disrespect meant) Israel is moved to Asia, Malta to Africa, whatever.
    Last edited by anteater; 03-06-12 at 09:00 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anteater For This Useful Post:

vCash

September 2012 update : international teams problem!

can anybody tell me why wales are left out of qaulifying for any european tournaments on the september update?

vCash
    this has been discussed a few times before. use the search function

vCash

why are teams left out of international tournaments

i have posted the other day but the only reply i recieved was to look on the forum!

well anyway i cannot find it does anyone have any idea how i can get wales back into qaulifying for the euro and not just the world cup?

im actually considering football manager if i cannot fix it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tirionwelsh View Post
    can anybody tell me why wales are left out of qaulifying for any european tournaments on the september update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    this has been discussed a few times before. use the search function
    Quote Originally Posted by tirionwelsh View Post
    i have posted the other day but the only reply i recieved was to look on the forum!

well anyway i cannot find it does anyone have any idea how i can get wales back into qaulifying for the euro and not just the world cup?

im actually considering football manager if i cannot fix it!
    :slap:

vCash
    For anyone that this is an issue for (our Welsh and Serb fans I'm sure!) here is a solution.

Make 2 of the minnow nations Extinct and delete their data from the Euro.cfg file. (e.g. Andorra, San Marino, Liechenstein)

How to do this:

* Open the Editor (cm0102ed.exe)
    * Go to the Nations tab
    * Select the Nation you can to make Extinct and delete their Continent data.
    * Save your changes
    * Go to the Data folder and open euro.cfg in Notepad
    * Delete the Nation data for the Nations you made Extinct and save the Euro.cfg
    * Load new game and Wales and Yugoslavia (Serbia) are now in every Edition of World Cup and European Championships

Make sure to make a copy of the euro.cfg beforehand if you want to revert the changes.

All players at clubs in other nations will load but you'll notice you now cant click into their nation. Also the clubs for these nations wont load.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    For anyone that this is an issue for (our Welsh and Serb fans I'm sure!) here is a solution.

Make 2 of the minnow nations Extinct and delete their data from the Euro.cfg file. (e.g. Andorra, San Marino, Liechenstein)

How to do this:

* Open the Editor (cm0102ed.exe)
    * Go to the Nations tab
    * Select the Nation you can to make Extinct and delete their Continent data.
    * Save your changes
    * Go to the Data folder and open euro.cfg in Notepad
    * Delete the Nation data for the Nations you made Extinct and save the Euro.cfg
    * Load new game and Wales and Yugoslavia (Serbia) are now in every Edition of World Cup and European Championships

Make sure to make a copy of the euro.cfg beforehand if you want to revert the changes.

All players at clubs in other nations will load but you'll notice you now cant click into their nation. Also the clubs for these nations wont load.

Euro.cfg only contains the countries and clubs that enter European competition.
    There is nothing on there for Andorra or San Marino to delete... So with nothing to delete for either country people wont need to edit the Euro.cfg file.

Also noticed that turkey has no clubs underneath its name.. Is this a mistake?

vCash

Added the wrong euro.cfg to the final release :facepalm:

Bloody version from a test DB that was then changed for the tactic challenge. Christ. Oh well, no major harm done as the top rep Turkish teams should be the 3 in CL irl (the game will run without a euro.cfg but will throw a shit fit when there is a mistake in it)

Here's the full euro.cfg - http://www.sendspace.com/file/g39aua (also updated for any future downloads)

vCash
    Cheers Derm

So just delete andorra and san marino including all clubs and should be sorted?

vCash
    Only delete the clubs from the euro.cfg (not sure if you mean the Editor too but there is no need to do anything to the clubs there)

Then remove their Continent in the Editor, save and Wales and Yugoslavia will be back in there.

vCash
    Cheers Mate

vCash
    I am running Tapani v3 and not only are Wales and Yugoslavia excluded, but San Marino and Andorra are too so I can't swap with them! I understand the game expects UEFA to have 51 teams and not 53 so it upsets the places for Team and National European competitions.
    There are two excluded nations in the team standings, San Marino and Faroe Islands, not the biggest of deals as neither has a playable league but in the National competitions, my Euro groups only have nine goups, six of five teams, and three of six. That makes 48 nations. The host qualifies making 49, which is two short of 51. Is the game dropping two places for joint hosts? (I'm afraid my knowledge of real world football is a lot worse than computer football). The World cup groups are not decided for another month in game, so I am just trying to get them drawn to see who is in and who is out.

vCash
    I have followed your instructions above and (of course) they work. I moved two countried to Asia (Azerbijian and Armenia - they spend too much time fighting each other) to replace Mongolio and Kazakhstan, then edited the cfg. This made Wales and Serbia appear, but San Marino and Andorra are still excluded. The fact San Marino and Andorra are not excluded alphabetically, and minnows means it must be deliberate as part of the tapani 3 patch, which is a pain, as I was planning a story based around these very nations.
    I seem to remember in my original game it was Liechtenstien that was excluded, I would be happy to swap Liechtenstein for San Marino as FC Vaduz are not playable, FC Andorra can be but FC San Marino are from the beginning.

vCash
    ok sorted, I renamed Liechtenstein to San maraino and San Marino to Leictenstein. I then changed both countries colours, stadium, location, Eufa/FiFa ratings and rivals over. Then I changed every league club over, then I changed the nationalisty of ever player over (going through the intermediary of West Germany) so now they are both exactly as they were before in all aspects, but the "golden share" that Liechtenstein had is now held by San Marino,

Woo-hoo

and it only took 4 or 5 different editors to do it.

I am happy now

vCash
    Flex would have allowed you to swap all in one go . . .

vCash
    Derm, question.

I delete the continent data for Andorra and Liech (the two i want Wales and Yugo to replace), make sure theres no data in the euro.cfg for them, yet still i get crashes on player initialisation every time i try and start a new game.

Any idea what im doing wrong/not doing?

Ta.

vCash
    Interesting that Liechenstien doesn't work, Andorra and San Marino work fine. Will do a bit more testing and post a list of countries that will and wont work.

vCash
    I've had Liechenstein and San Marino work :/

vCash
    Hmmm, odd.

Did you get the initialisation crash with Liech as well then Derms?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast