Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wales not in European Championship Qualification

vCash
    Fuck just started a new game with Manchester United and Parma.. took me 8hrs to set everything.. and then I realised my national team Serbia / Yugoslavia won't play in any Euro .. well they won't play anyways seen how we are playing in last few years but hey. I guess no way to change it in an already saved game ? .
    Is it possible to change ingame which nations have qualified for the tournament? I might just push them into EX skipping qualifications?

vCash
    So I've spent the last few hours stressing over this. Removing San Marino/Andorra to get Wales/Yugoslavia back in qualifying was never an issue for me in the past until tonight. Removing Continent data and amending the euro.cfg always worked for me yet for some reason today I've been getting the same problem as Bulk on the page before where the game crashes during Player Initialisation. Doesn't matter how many leagues I run either. Even if it's just the one.

However, I've solved it and it's stupidly simple and something that should have clicked hours ago.

In short, it will not work in the default start year. It's as simple as that.

It explains why Bulk was having the crash as he was playing un-patched. But even if you were to install the tapani patch and set the start year to default (2001) as I've been doing all night, it won't work. For it to work, you have to start in a year later than 2001. I can only assume it's something to do with how the .68 patch sorted forthcoming international tournaments correct to real life with the qualified teams in their proper groups (notably the 2002 World Cup). It's the only thing I can think of that would explain why it throws a hissy-fit starting in the default year.

Annoyingly, the very reason I was patching yet starting in 2001 was partly because of the World Cup. That and the fact that bans (e.g. Luis Suarez's) don't load when starting in a later year unless you change the dates in the editor to correspond with the exact year you're patching to (e.g. Luis Suarez's ban actually needs to be changed in the editor to the year 2010 if that's the year you're starting in).

Of course, the only reason I've spent so much time trying to work this out is because I'm meant to be playing a network game managing British countries and I'm being Wales

vCash

Some nations no longer competing in FIFA competitions

Hey guys,

Been powering away at my save for a few (real life) years now and I'm a multiple champion of Europe with Colwyn Bay in 2023 (yay). Anyway, I was nosing at the FIFA rankings the other day and I noticed some teams right at the bottom that had no fixtures in FIFA competitions i.e. World Cup any more. The only matches they're playing are friendlies. It's happened to Albania and Yemen for example, so it's not a region specific issue I don't believe. Any ideas?

vCash
    Sorry dont have an answer to the above but im manager of Wales, made it to the World Cup semis but i wasnt included in the qualiers from the Euros? all i get to play is friendlies!

vCash
    Neither Wales, Lichtenstein, or Serbia (Yugoslavia) play in the European champs qualifiers I have noticed

vCash
    the problem is that this db has 2 extra nations in europe (montenegro & kazakhstan i think) compared to the original game.

then world cup & euro championship qualifyings had X nations, now there are X+2 so 2 are inevitably out.

i had some testing a while ago and this is what i found:

Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    basically i realized that future world cups and euro champs will have different teams in qualifyings when you add more nations to the db, so a nation can be playing 2006 WC and missing the following maybe, same for other small nations.
    i didn't get how the game picks them up actually, because it's not the ID number, in fact nations involved can be: andorra, faroe, liechtenstein, malta, san marino and wales but can be also other nations.

so the conclusion is: if you add more nations to the db you can't be sure one of them will really play all future editions...
    any further testing is more than welcome by anyone

vCash
    Will you be adding Gibraltar? :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Loopus View Post
    Will you be adding Gibraltar? :-)
    not for the moment i think, we also have other nations before them, nations already members of fifa while gibraltar is member of its confederations (uefa) only.

but even if we add gibraltar, as posted above, they probably won't be playing euro qualifying, only friendlies

vCash
    Now, a few years later, I play CM again (but unfortunately my game crashed for some other reason - starting 2016 with Tapani 2.19 probably being the culprit), but I wonder whether any of the Tapani-patches has somehow resolved the trouble with Wales not being in the EC qualifiers. Read about the changes in Tapani 2.20 and 2.21, but didn't find "Fixed Euro qualification for national sides". Any news on this? Do I still have to switch other nations around to get Wales back into the EC qualifiers?

vCash
    Just use Saturn's 2.21.1+ v2 patch both starting in 2016 and Wales not in Euros are both solved

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    OK, thanks. I have a few more maybe silly questions (that don't quite belong into this thread, though). When using the 2.21.1+ v2 patch and the October update, at what point exactly can/should I still apply changes to the DB using the official DB-editor (like changing the club a player plays for, adding staff etc.) and maybe changing a club's name using the renaming tool? Before applying the patch or afterwards (or not at all)?

vCash
    Not at all as far as I know

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So, if I would like to play with a self-manipulated DB, I'd have to start in 2015 using any other patch than tapani 2.21.1+v2?

vCash
    Tapani 2.21.1 will only start successfully in 2015. Saturn posted some offsets to change in the Offsets thread to start in 2016. I'd assume that's with the Tapani 2.21.1 applied

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well, yes, I found the offsets posted by Saturn (those few lines?), but I wouldn't know how to apply them. After all I have close zero knowledge when it comes to programming. Thanks anyway. Guess I'll have to start in 2015 then with Leicester never winning the league. It's never been easier to re-write history.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234