Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wales not in European Championship Qualification

vCash

Wales not in European Championship Qualification

Hi there,

I have a problem with my CM 01/02, Version 3.9.68T, TapaniPatch v2.19.
    The game works fine, but Wales, and maybe some other nations I didn't notice, do not take part in any of the Qualifications for the European Championship. No, they didn't qualify as winners or host. This problem occurred to me in the past with other patches.

Is there any way to get Wales competing in the next Quals again without starting a new game? They took part in the World Cup Quals.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

anteater

vCash
    if you want to rectifiy in a save game its highly unlikely

Which update are you using? just the 3.9.68 patch?

vCash
    No, I've installed ODB Team Sept 2011 Data Update v2.0

I thought that there maybe is a way by somehow editing the nation using the save game editor.

vCash
    What year do you start your game in?

vCash

vCash
    To be fair i've noticed this playing with the newest release and the 2.19 patch, but thought nothing of it. Though it is strange they play in the World Cup qualifiers and not the Euro's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    To be fair i've noticed this playing with the newest release and the 2.19 patch, but thought nothing of it. Though it is strange they play in the World Cup qualifiers and not the Euro's.
    I also noticed Wales don't play in Qualifying, I think it's due to Montenegro added to db.
    More, at beginning of CL San Marino champions don't play preliminary round.
    About Asia, I noticed Timor has been added, but why grey players of Mongolia have slavic 2nd names?
    We'd better control if some Asian Nat team avoid Asian Qual for WC.......
    I think something wrong happened adding/creating nations....
    What about "zw" nation in database?

vCash
    regarding San marino and cl preliminary rounds, if you check the uefa co-efficients, the last 2 or 3 nations will have 0 for cl, 0 for uefa cup and 0 for ui cup and some others might have 0 for cl, 1 for uefa cup or so

vCash
    All teams have the right for 1 team in QL of Champions League, i have noticed this and it's wrong.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to foo_jam2002 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    obviously.

but there is nothing that can be done. due to the inclusion of countries like montenegro, some nations miss out. and i am also not sure its a huge deal if malta or andorra dont have a team playing the first cl round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    obviously.

but there is nothing that can be done. due to the inclusion of countries like montenegro, some nations miss out. and i am also not sure its a huge deal if malta or andorra dont have a team playing the first cl round.
    I know what you mean, it's just for realism purposes and also for justice, weak countries deserve 1 place, they have a soul too Also, if i am not mistaken, in my game with 3.9.60 Montenegro doesn't exist and still some countries have zero teams, i don't like it.

vCash
    Add to this, obviously being a Welshman i'd like to see Wales actually have their place in the qualifiers, but if it isn't to be for whatever reason then it isn't to be. I'm sure we'll get it sorted though.

vCash
    Edit the Euro Co-efficents if you want unrealistic realism

Forcing the teams into the comp means they havent the right co-efficients. Which of course counters your quest for realism by being unrealistic . . .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Edit the Euro Co-efficents if you want unrealistic realism

Forcing the teams into the comp means they havent the right co-efficients. Which of course counters your quest for realism by being unrealistic . . .
    UEFA always allows entries for every country even if new ones participate, it's not unrealistic at all.

Take a look here:

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/...ccoef2012.html

vCash
    we know that but as I said, look at andorra or san marino losing all games and not getting a single point. thats just the way it is. so theres no difference between being there and losing all the time or not being there in the first place. especially since you cant control those teams anyway in cm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    we know that but as I said, look at andorra or san marino losing all games and not getting a single point. thats just the way it is. so theres no difference between being there and losing all the time or not being there in the first place. especially since you cant control those teams anyway in cm
    It would be a huge challenge though managing Tre Fiori and winning the Champions League!

vCash
    Change it yourself mate, the team has decided as a "team" what is the best way to deal with it! If you don't like it, amend it!

vCash
    you cant though since san amarino aint a manageable countriy

vCash
    it would indeed but we'd have to amend all the euro co-efficients meaning some nations that have X-amount of spots in the UCL and Europa league get messed up. Seems trivial giving that the really small nations enter the comp at such a low level

vCash
    Guys, i know that you have done an amazing job with the patches, i can imagine how time consuming this can be, i am just saying that for me, realism is when all countries participate, that's all. And actually, i was referring most to the original database which i think has some zero countries, but i may be wrong, i didn't check it out yet.

vCash
    Indeed they probably do as I think back in 01-02 there UEFA were harsher on the co-efficients and some nations in fact didnt have UCL entry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by foo_jam2002 View Post
    Guys, i know that you have done an amazing job with the patches, i can imagine how time consuming this can be, i am just saying that for me, realism is when all countries participate, that's all. And actually, i was referring most to the original database which i think has some zero countries, but i may be wrong, i didn't check it out yet.
    So what are u getting at then and what do u want the update team to change just for u?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    So what are u getting at then and what do u want the update team to change just for u?
    I never said that i want the update team to do a change just for me, i didn't either start the thread and i don't use any patch right now as i said. I just expressed my opinion on realism.

vCash
    Fair enough. Thought ya thought we were doing it on purpose

Now, to solve the issue!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Fair enough. Thought ya thought we were doing it on purpose

Now, to solve the issue!
    Of course i didn't think you were doing it on purpose, i like the way you all keep this game alive and i am glad there is a place like this where we can discuss about it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast