Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM 01/02: 10 years of work and editing

vCash
    If you validate the database it removes the histories, I'd recommend not validating, there is no need too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Luessenhoff View Post
    Yes it's the Original editor that comes with the game itself if I remember correctly.
    I've never seen any "validation" though. Could you perhaps upload a screenshot of such an error report?
    And are any others having this problem? I would think that if that were the case, someone would have reported it sooner?
    When checking your database (the player_setup.cfg file) I noticed that you have used the 1.1 version of the official editor.
    The version that came with patch 3.9.68 is v1.2 and this version have an option to validate the database.

vCash
    New update available: http://www107.zippyshare.com/v/DB2yuI0a/file.html

Major attention went to the Dutch league: filled in some history gaps, corrected / completed +- 100 players.
    Less randomness, more realism, more realistic player performance. (tested and compared the results to the actual ones back in the day)

Just noticed one glitch though, Laurent Blanc's international retirement appears to have been undone since he's been a free player. Hadn't noticed it until now.
    I will fix it and post the updated file soon. (Edit: fixed now)
    Last edited by Luessenhoff; 23-10-16 at 07:47 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Never Validate!

Simple.

Like when ur 21 and u see a fit bird in the club at the end of a night.
    You don't need to validate that she is over 16. Just go for it..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    Never Validate!

Simple.

Like when ur 21 and u see a fit bird in the club at the end of a night.
    You don't need to validate that she is over 16. Just go for it..
    Adam Johnson in the house..

vCash
    I love the DB.

I noticed Phil Jagielka got capped for Poland in my game. As far as I know his grandparents were Polish but he's not a Polish citizen nor does he speak Polish.

Lukas Podolski on the other hand, should have a second nationality. He had the option of playing for Poland when he was younger.

If you are still working on updates those are my suggestions.

vCash
    Hello King_Emile_18

Thanks for your remarks.

As for Jagielka, based on this website, he does have a Polish passport: http://www.transfermarkt.nl/phil-jag.../spieler/13520
    Furthermore, I'm familiar with Poland's foreign policy in granting passports. It seems to me that any player of (partial) Polish descent, whether he still speaks Polish or not, can apply for a Polish passport.

As for Podolski: here it's more obvious than in Jagielka's case, but in dealing with such passport issues, I've upheld the "cost-benefit analysis".
    Giving Podolski Polish citizenship means he is automatically lost for Germany in the game, because Germany have far more high profile players than Poland. Chances of Podolski playing for Germany would be practically nihil.
    I tested this back in the day and he would almost immediately get called up by Poland.
    My goal has always been to strive for realism in (national) squad selections and if that means not giving a second passport to a certain player (as in Podolski's case) I consider it to be a neccesary evil.
    I would very much like it to be more perfect but unfortunately the CM 01 02 editor has no option to grant him a "first nationality". Those are the limitations ...

Jagielka doesn't always get capped for Poland, but yes, it does occur from time to time. Sometimes he also gets capped for the England U21's and he will not be selected by Poland. So here, it can go either way.
    Hence my respective decisions.

vCash
    Hi Guys

I've discovered a glitch ... the Ukrainian language vanished, all Ukrainian players now speak any language but not Ukrainian.
    I never touched Ukraine's first language in the editor. Could anyone assist? How can I fix this? I can't select it anymore ...

I also noticed that for some strange reason "Albanian" became "__Albanian".

vCash
    Wow. I really need to try this.

Yesterday I was making some tests (trying to do some little changes in the original database: give strength to Maldini, get Pirlo his real position and attributes - just copied them from the 3.68 data - and get rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo some big boost so that they can become world stars) but then I would get an error message starting the game. With this said, I must try this!

One question: are you correcting third places in the history of all competitions? An erro I've seen done a lot is the presence of a club called CUF or CUF Barreiro in the database (with a great 3rd place in the portuguese premier league in 1965). That club has no league so it isn't a big deal. But the thing is... this club changed the name (twice since then) and it is doubled in the game and it is in the lower leagues (Fabril if I'm not mistaken... if I am, it is Fabril Barreiro or something... they play at Estádio Alfredo da Silva).

I will try this latter today Thanks for all the crazy work!

vCash
    is it possible to use this along with the 2016 october update?

vCash
    Hi Guys

I've discovered a glitch ... the Ukrainian language vanished, all Ukrainian players now speak any language but not Ukrainian.
    I never touched Ukraine's first language in the editor. Could anyone assist? How can I fix this? I can't select it anymore ...

I also noticed that for some strange reason "Albanian" became "__Albanian".
    The ukrainian language have never been present in the editor. My workaround would be to just set russian as first language.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingfk View Post
    The ukrainian language have never been present in the editor. My workaround would be to just set russian as first language.
    Are you sure about that? Don't know about the editor but in-game all Ukrainians used to have Ukrainian as their 1st, and Russian as their 2nd language.

Meanwhile I've opted for the most convenient solution and the natural choice there is indeed Russian as first language.

Still I'd like to fix this ... anyone willing to offer some advice?

Got "back to work" again after a break: http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/ya5WGpry/file.html
    +- 50 players completed spread over the whole world, and Ukraine's "language issue" set to Russian until further notice.
    Last edited by Luessenhoff; 17-12-16 at 10:14 PM.

vCash
    Hi Troza

No haven't corrected third places. As for Barreiro, what would you suggest to do?

vCash
    where is the file to download? have clicked on every link in this thread and none of the pages have given me something to download.

clearly i'm doing something wrong.

vCash
    2 posts above yours and click on the big Download Now button.....

vCash
    Hi Troza

No haven't corrected third places. As for Barreiro, what would you suggest to do?
    If you haven't done anything with third places, just let everything as it is

vCash
    i know but nothing happens. nothing downloads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    i know but nothing happens. nothing downloads.
    Maybe turn your AV off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fods View Post
    Maybe turn your AV off
    tried that. very odd.

what dos this DB look like anyway?

vCash
    Did you read the OP?

vCash
    yes, was looking for some other players' POV.

vCash
    Read the last 4 pages

vCash
    did that too.

vCash
    Well then you should know of people's opinions who have downloaded the update

vCash
    was looking for more. but it's ok.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast