Zippyshare jerks you around. I had to click 3 times and close popups 2 times to download the file.
Originally Posted by ajra21
I don't recommend disabling your antivirus. I only had to do it when I was using MSE and tried to open the file.
For some reason Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't like the 7z file. If I extract it or repackage into zip it doesn't detect anything.
Avira doesn't detect anything.
Greetings to Lussenhoff and others. I am a big fan of CM 01/02 and I love to spend hours editing the data editor. I often add second nationality to some players or upgrade the potentials on some young players. The last time I played from season 02/03, I found many famous players nowadays at their younger years, i.e. Cristiano Ronaldo, Aaron Lennon, Riccardo Montolivo, Vincent Kompany, Falcao, etc.
I wonder if I could erase the FIFA Club World Cup? It's a burden for a club who have won Champions League because they have to play more matches in around December.
The latest patch fixes the world club cup issue and only has semis and finals
Originally Posted by Fods
Very extensive new update available. Over 800 players corrected / completed to good effect !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:
salut je ne peux pas telecharger ton lien mon antivirus bloque a chaque fois. peux tu m aider ?
Errrrrr ... Esch hob nix verstande, mir sinn ke Mitglied vumm Hasenbockverein ! :p
Originally Posted by BETTE NICOLAS
sorry, good morning I cannot download the product using the link. my antivirus blocks each time the link. please then I get help
Disable your AV and download it. Or tell your AV the file is safe :scratcheshead:
thank you, no risk of computer viruses ?
The Following User Says Thank You to BETTE NICOLAS For This Useful Post:
If you tell your AV it's fine then no. I'm sure the thread starter wouldn't upload a virus infected file .....
The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:
My impression is that those virus warnings are to be ascribed to the fact that it has been compressed to a rar/7zip file.
I'm by no means a specialist, but if I download something and it happens to be a zip/rar-file I usually end up receiving virus warnings, hence. Last time when someone else brought this up I checked and downloaded my own file and a warning popped up indeed. Nothing to worry about though.
By the way I'm already back at it again. Even after all my devotion that went to the African countries there are still some that need a thorough check-up.
Bear in mind that data are extremely hard to come by for countries like Chad, Niger, Tanzania and a dozen of others, in large part because they were so underdeveloped and insignificant. Little data was recorded at the time.
In those cases I often have to look up match by match, year by year and take note of the players that were on the pitch to collect and add the correct number of caps / goals, see if I can retrieve any reliable info on their position, date of birth etc. A small number of players also had the wrong nationality which is pretty fucked up. Example: “The Congo” and “DR Congo” were often used interchangeably in the ODB. The ODB seemed to have a loathing for The Congo as many of their players had been attributed a DR Congo pass :p lol. Result: DR Congo squad full & Congo squad empty. I’ve spent many hours fixing that and it’s more balanced now.
As if that weren't enough, the ODB often lacks the African clubs so that means I have to create them one by one. That’s a fairly easy part because these clubs don’t play any role in-game, but it has to be done.
Yeah,all very time-consuming indeed but with more impact than one might suggest at first. Cause e.g. having at least a handful (preferably more of course) real players in a country's squad rather than 0 or 1 or 2 does encourage its respective adversaries to invite them for friendlies, call up their players too and consequently they get the chance to shine on the international stage and next a transfer to Europe is in the making. The latter corresponds to the way it went in real life: think of the increasing number of African players everywhere, as well as the increasing number of African countries that made it to a World Cup participation. (In the ODB all this would remain static forever in large part due to the very low number of existent players, or, if a player was in the database he often had CA-PA “0” which doesn’t help either)
I don't exaggerate when I say that in the Original database, roughly 70% (!!!) of the African national players of the time were simply missing, and the ones that were there more often than not flawed in attributes as well as in statistics. I've come a very long way and it still is not what I would like it to be but I'm very pleased with the result so far. I think my “African project” is finished up to 75%.
Mali, Burkina Faso, Angola, Guinea, Togo, and a handful of others were virtually meaningless in the ODB. Now, with their full squads and their fair share of key players, they can pose a threat to any other African country.
Prepare for the next update !
Last edited by Luessenhoff; 12-01-17 at 10:20 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:
It depends that Antivirus you have as well. For some reason Microsoft Security Essentials flags the 7zip file. Avira does not.
But if I extract the files, or re-package them into a zip, instead of 7zip, Microsoft doesn't detect anything. So it doesn't like something about the 7zip.
Your update looks amazing! I'm not 100% sure but I think I found a duplicate: there are 2 Carlos Pedro, both Angolan and with the same birthdate. One is an AMC with no club history, the other has a club history coherent with a player I found online
Thanks for sharing this Alexboom ! I will have a look at it tonight. So far I hadn't detected this one, but the ODB had huge numbers of duplicates.
Originally Posted by alexboom
I expect my next update to be ready in +- 2 weeks. Over a 1000 of players have been edited/corrected/completed/created since the last update.
This is amazing work Luessenhoff!
Had a quick look at the database and it looks great, it's awesome to see the likes of Pepe, Danny, Ricardo Carvalho, Tiago, Simão, Cristiano Ronaldo starting out in the Portuguese league with incredible potential.
I recommend using OneDrive by Microsoft: https://onedrive.live.com
Originally Posted by king_emile_18
I have been using it for around 8 or 9 years to host all of the downloads for my EHM website. It is free, has plenty of storage space (a few GB IIRC) and it doesn't have any of those annoying spam pop-ups, etc.
Hi Luessenhoff, any news on update release date? I am planning to do a new playthrough.
Originally Posted by Luessenhoff
Sure midnight toker.
Here it is: http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/ApKdMqxG/file.html
It took much longer than first announced, for the addicted editor in me saw more ... and more ... and more ... and ... more that could do with some completions and / or improvements.
Last edited by Luessenhoff; 26-03-17 at 06:29 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:
having a little play on this tonight. look forward to seeing if i notice any changes. great effort
The Following User Says Thank You to midnight toker For This Useful Post:
I appreciate your words of praise, once again.
It should be near-completion now, but not quite. As a matter of fact I already made a couple of changes after posting the update yesterday. Only a bit of season data on a handful of unknown reserve squad players, so nothing you would miss in the update that went online yesterday.
So what’s this update all about? Impossible to list everything but what springs to mind first:
- CR7 now is the total beast that he is in real life. He now easily scores a goal per match on average, even in a 4-4-2 or any other standard formation. Ran a couple of tests and at the age of 36 he was still bangin’ them in for Portugal with over 100 goals as an international. It took me blood, sweat and tears and I also succeeded in making sure that he’s not recognized as a magic talent anymore from day 1. He may even spend most of the first season in the second team as it went IRL.
- Continued improvement of detail in the Portuguese league (playing position correctness of players, ability, …) in large part thanks to the discovery of a very reliable and extraordinarly highly detailed website on Portuguese football. Though the second league and the lower divisions have not remained entirely untouched in my updates, these of course do not display the same detail and high level of correctness.
- Additions & fixes spread all over Europe: e.g. the Austrian, Czech, Hungarian, Slovenian, Belarussian, Slovakian and Romanian leagues. Those who paid attention to U21 squads of the central European nations: notice how e.g. Austria, Hungary and Romania now finally have an U21 squad worth mentioning.
- Very systematic review of the French and German league to great effect.
- German second league put under scrutiny for more realistic balance of power
- Dutch Premier League including some tiny bits of the 'first division'.
- A respectable number of player completions in pretty much every playable European league.
- Tackled a number of players that never got called up by their country IRL but were still indisputed starters in-game in their respective national squads, and vice versa ! This took a great deal of time as 2 handfuls of European nations still had these issues in my eyes. Let me elaborate to avoid any misunderstandings: it's not about creating a guaranteed copy of how it went IRL, because you know, if one could turn back time surely some things would turn out differently, and every time you start the game some things go differently, that makes it more interesting of course. But it should come at the very least remotely close to reality. My aim is that each player should at least have a decent chance of performing the way he did IRL (and in this case of internationals: getting the attention he got IRL on the international level). That's always my starting point.
- Continued “the African project”
- Made some corrections in the Asian region (only limited, data are hard to come by …)
- Spent a couple of days on correcting some anomalies and serious “data gaps” in North America.
- Though all-in all, this league needed it the least, I also tackled the English Premier League to see if there were still DOB to be filled in and correct some abilities if necessary. It turned out there still were.
Number of players affected in this update? Easily between 1500 & 2000.
Still not 100% satisfied but closer than ever. There will be a next update, but I doubt it’ll be as big as this one.
I hope that I'll be able to play the game again in the near future rather than updating all the time, cause I haven't played for many months... I've only been working and testing. :p
Last edited by Luessenhoff; 29-03-17 at 08:50 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:
Wanted to give a big thumps up ! ive been playing from 2001 till 2020 now with my Lazioside and im enjoying every bit of this db !
Many thanks for this fantastic update Really excited about this update
I downloaded the update on Saturday and started a save file with Chelsea and see where I can get them (current record is 2 defeats and signed Cha Du Ri...(yes a very random signing) and Magne Hoseth.
Just wondering is there a list of players you added to the db?
Interesting project you have there with Chelsea. Cha Du Ri, the pacey back ... good signing.
I didn't keep any lists of added players, for obvious reasons: I've had my hands full with editing and testing alone.
There's no need to in my book either, you know ... discover or stumble upon them by coincidence yourself while playing ! Makes it all more exciting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post: