Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: CM 01/02: 10 years of work and editing

vCash
    Hi Lüssenhoff

That's fine and a fair point.

Talking about discoveries, I found Didier Drogba and managed to sign him. So far he is struggling and so is the team unfortunately. Need to start producing some results otherwise I'll be heading out the door.

vCash
    Started a game with Kaiserslautern . Klose banging them in. Signed John Hartson and Jonas Lunden.

Found plenty of surprises so far. Great database.

vCash
    Still playing my Lazio savegame with the previous version . 26th season at the moment . Podolski was a god for me from 2001 till he retired . you deserve a statue for your work man .
    Would love to help you develop this db for the Belgian league btw peace .

vCash
    @Ahmed: usually Drogba is an excellent low-cost signing. I've signed him quite some times and his productivity is mostly excellent but yes, I've also experienced his dips in form. He's always worth the try though.
    @Shambalane: thanks man. Jonas Lunden is still the overrated player from the ODB, but well ... I guess he's a legend like Tsyhalka so I have left him alone so far. Especially because if YOU don't buy him, he won't make that much of an impact.
    @Sw33Z: Haha I'll be waiting for my statue then man. By the way I did tackle the Belgian leagues. Haven't you noticed how many players in the lower leagues (even 3rd Belgian Division) have their full club record filled in?

vCash
    So my first season came to an end and finished in 8th position. I accepted the Intertoto Cup invite to try getting into the UEFA Cup.

I splashed out 15mil on Cristiano Ronaldo, 5mil on Yegor Titov and signed a bunch of freebies - Stoica, Heitinga,...a young Barzagli, Chiotis.
    Sold lot of the deadwood in the team and looking forward to the new season.

vCash
    Hi Luessenhoff

First of all thank you so much for your hard work ! This looks very promising.

Just started a game yesterday, and could not find Ljubo Kovacevic, he use to be a great keeper and free transfer at game start.

is he gone or has the name been changed?

vCash
    I haven't (yet) downloaded and played this, I'm sure I will very soon.

Could someone post a couple of screenies of some of today's superstars (Ronaldo etc) as they appear at the start of the game - and if people have got this far, how they turn out? Would love to see it!

Great work Luss!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marc1986 View Post
    Hi Luessenhoff

First of all thank you so much for your hard work ! This looks very promising.

Just started a game yesterday, and could not find Ljubo Kovacevic, he use to be a great keeper and free transfer at game start.

is he gone or has the name been changed?
    Hi Marc.

Ah, good old Kovacevic. He's still in the database, wasn't subject to a name change, but probably his rating is too low to appear in-game. He's one of the legends of the Original database that I "tackled", because:
    He would be picked up by any good team from the very start and would get called up by his country too, thus blocking the way in the national squad for the other Yugoslavian (Serbian) GK's that were the historically correct ones to make an impact.
    Ljubo Kovacevic had a very modest and insignificant career so I could not possibly leave him the way he was.

I did not downgrade all "CM 01/02 legends". As explained earlier in this thread, Tsigalko's (to name just one example) godly potential has been kept intact, in large part because he rarely makes other players fade into the background.
    In Tsigalko's case, you could say the statement "if you don't buy him, he won't become a God" will apply most of the times. The same couldn't be said of Kovacevic, hence the change.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks a lot Luessenhoff. I enjoy it so far.
    I'm just wonder if someone did the same work with .68 database, that would be great.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345