Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 132 of 132

Thread: CM 01/02: 10 years of work and editing

  1. #126
    Join Date
    15-05-16
    Posts
    3
    vCash
    500
    Dear Luessenhoff,

    I would like to recommend 3 players to your great update, who are not in the database. All of them was born in 1984. (Thiago Silva, Robinho, Wesley Sneijder). And there are some well-known players, who weren't first team players in 2001 or 2002, but they were born between 1985 and 1987 (Luis Suárez, Arturo Vidal, Diego Godín, Gonzalo Higuaín, Hugo Lloris, Manuel Neuer, Sergio Ramos, Leonardo Bonucci, Claudio Marchisio, Gerard Piqué, Karim Benzema, Cesc Fabregas, Nani, Edinson Cavani, Mario Mandzukic, Fernando Llorente, Edin Dzeko).

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to luviall For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by luviall View Post
    Dear Luessenhoff,

    I would like to recommend 3 players to your great update, who are not in the database. All of them was born in 1984. (Thiago Silva, Robinho, Wesley Sneijder). And there are some well-known players, who weren't first team players in 2001 or 2002, but they were born between 1985 and 1987 (Luis Suárez, Arturo Vidal, Diego Godín, Gonzalo Higuaín, Hugo Lloris, Manuel Neuer, Sergio Ramos, Leonardo Bonucci, Claudio Marchisio, Gerard Piqué, Karim Benzema, Cesc Fabregas, Nani, Edinson Cavani, Mario Mandzukic, Fernando Llorente, Edin Dzeko).
    Hey Luviall,

    great suggestions! I'm tempted to add them myself using the editor...

  4. #128
    Join Date
    07-06-12
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by luviall View Post
    Dear Luessenhoff,

    I would like to recommend 3 players to your great update, who are not in the database. All of them was born in 1984. (Thiago Silva, Robinho, Wesley Sneijder). And there are some well-known players, who weren't first team players in 2001 or 2002, but they were born between 1985 and 1987 (Luis Suárez, Arturo Vidal, Diego Godín, Gonzalo Higuaín, Hugo Lloris, Manuel Neuer, Sergio Ramos, Leonardo Bonucci, Claudio Marchisio, Gerard Piqué, Karim Benzema, Cesc Fabregas, Nani, Edinson Cavani, Mario Mandzukic, Fernando Llorente, Edin Dzeko).
    Definitely Sneijder, Silva and Robinho - surprised if they're not in there already. Sneijder made his Ajax debut in December 2002, Silva was playing in the Brazilian Third Division and Pelé had already named Robinho as his heir apparent when he was 15 (1999). I remember Robinho breaking into the Santos first team alongside Diego, who is in the database.

    As for the rest, it would spoil the ODB for me as it wouldn't be realistic for that point in time.

  5. #129
    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Definitely Sneijder, Silva and Robinho - surprised if they're not in there already. Sneijder made his Ajax debut in December 2002, Silva was playing in the Brazilian Third Division and Pelé had already named Robinho as his heir apparent when he was 15 (1999). I remember Robinho breaking into the Santos first team alongside Diego, who is in the database.

    As for the rest, it would spoil the ODB for me as it wouldn't be realistic for that point in time.
    I guess you're right, the database should only include players who were active in 2001/02.

    Sneijder, Silva, and Robinho should definitely be included then. I wonder if there are any other big names that are missing from the database but were already professionals in 2001/02...

  6. #130
    Join Date
    18-02-14
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    500
    Dates of birth are irrelevant if the players weren’t full professionals in 2001-2002.
    Hence, most of the players in Luviall’s list do not belong in this database.

    I agree that the addition of Thiago Silva & Robinho would be defensible. The same could perhaps be said of Sneijder and Nigel De Jong. I never really considered Silva and Robinho, but a long time ago the addition of the aforementioned Ajax players did cross my mind. It didn’t materialize: You have to bear in mind it isn’t always that simple to “just add them”.

    Many team’s squads already have 50 players and so has Ajax.
    I’m not in favour of kicking players out just to be able to add future star players who were – strictly speaking – not in the first squad in 2001. My main goal is realism (that includes correct squads of that time) and not the presence of as many star players as possible in itself. One cannot shake off the impression that some folks want to see a collection of big names but this is by no means a “database of legends”, it’s a database that reflects the situation of 2001/2002.

    Anyway, I appreciate your feedback and I’ll see what I can do in the next update with regard to at least couple of those players, like Robinho and Silva.

  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:


  8. #131
    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Posts
    300
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Luessenhoff View Post
    Dates of birth are irrelevant if the players weren’t full professionals in 2001-2002.
    Hence, most of the players in Luviall’s list do not belong in this database.

    I agree that the addition of Thiago Silva & Robinho would be defensible. The same could perhaps be said of Sneijder and Nigel De Jong. I never really considered Silva and Robinho, but a long time ago the addition of the aforementioned Ajax players did cross my mind. It didn’t materialize: You have to bear in mind it isn’t always that simple to “just add them”.

    Many team’s squads already have 50 players and so has Ajax.
    I’m not in favour of kicking players out just to be able to add future star players who were – strictly speaking – not in the first squad in 2001. My main goal is realism (that includes correct squads of that time) and not the presence of as many star players as possible in itself. One cannot shake off the impression that some folks want to see a collection of big names but this is by no means a “database of legends”, it’s a database that reflects the situation of 2001/2002.

    Anyway, I appreciate your feedback and I’ll see what I can do in the next update with regard to at least couple of those players, like Robinho and Silva.

    Good answer! I think your approach keeps the database coherent indeed...in this case, I think only Robinho qualifies as a "must add". He was a main part of Santos's first team 2002 campaign!

  9. #132
    Join Date
    29-12-13
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    500
    @Luessenhoff

    There are several problems with the update:
    - Australian NSL includes 13 teams, however from the start you could choose one of 14. And the 14th is the 2001 champion Wollongong Wolves. However they don't play in NSL.
    - Sweden Second Division fails with an error swe_second cpp 656

    Patch 3.9.68

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •