Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: CM 01/02: 10 years of work and editing

vCash
    Am I being blind or is Tsigalko not in the game?

Brilliant work by the way!

vCash
    Type in Maxim T in search. His name is spelt different on this database.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shambalane For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you Shambalane

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MR_Punk For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Guys,

Just a quick status update of my work in progress:

I’ve systematically checked every Portuguese team of the first league, player by player, to see if there was anything that I had overlooked, and to fill in missing gaps in career history. Portuguese league enthusiasts will be delighted, because even players of the B-teams have been attributed career statistics. I’ve also made some modifications on cities and stadiums as suggested by Dviie earlier in this thread. By far not his complete list, just a modest start for now. By the way, the players in the B-teams of the Spanish Primera Division clubs have also benefited from more career statistics. Oh and devotees of Greece check out the Greek first division too for a wide range of corrections and improvements. It took me some time to track down a number of foreign players based on their atrocious (miss)spelling in the ODB.

Besides that, I’ve been taking the African continent to the next level. A major overhaul was possible, simply because the number of good sources and pieces of information on the internet have increased dramatically since the day I took up my African project years ago. Info on African football of 2001-2002 still isn’t readily available and doing research on the rather unsuccesful countries are nothing but a pain in the ass (a lot of devotion required for very slow progress in return). But the progress shows: some countries now even have very crowded U21 squads. Slowly but surely, more and more weaker countries are increasingly being able to call up enough players to form a full-sized squad (but not all of them, some just didn’t have many professionals, weren’t active at the time or no info can be found on them whatsoever)

That's by far not everything of course, those points are just the ones I’ve been working towards the most systematically. I’ve done bits & pieces pretty much everywhere, around the globe. I can’t and won’t say everything, it’s up to you to (re)discover the game.
    My hand literally hurts from all the mouse-clicking… Update expected to be on point in 2-3 weeks. By then, an estimated 1700-2000 players will have been affected.

P.S.: Credit given where credit is due: a big thumbs up for the Polish folks who have drawn up some highly detailed, convenient Wiki articles on African footballers, very often the only ones (!) that are detailed to that extent, despite having no particular cultural or linguistic bond with the continent. I don't understand much Polish, but these have been really helpful. Impressive.

Lüssenhoff
    Last edited by Luessenhoff; 26-06-17 at 02:53 PM.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great update, having loads of fun! Although the pace/acc of Ian Harte made me laugh, he wasn't exactly quick..

And some 'youngsters' don't seem to reach their full potential, Chiellini and Lahm are a few examples (low positioning). Great work with Messi and CR7 though, they turn out to be just as good as you would expect!
    Last edited by AtomicAnt; 15-07-17 at 10:55 PM.

vCash
    @AtomicAnt

Chiellini may optically have (relatively) low positioning but he performs like a total beast Of course he needs some years to develop.
    Thanks for the comments ! I have taken care of Ian Harte (his attributes were still the ones of the ODB, I had never really scrutinized them).
    Tonight I'll be uploading the result of my work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great! Just an idea, to spice up the DB further, like I did here: 'Hide' some talented players (whose age is 30+ now) in a random club (I chose Arbus in italian serie D) and give them future transfers.

vCash
    My 2 main goals are 1. Completeness and 2. Realism.

The first point implies that I am far more interested in adding missing players of – just to name a few colourful examples – Turkmenistan, Namibia and St. Vincent & The Grenadines, irrespective of their bad to mediocre abilities, than adding future star players that do not belong in the season 01/02, merely for the sake of having more star players. There is an impressive number of (potential) star players available in 01/02, much more in my update than in the ODB, but above all I want to provide a highly immersive gaming experience by ensuring that the weaker nations too (and their clubs) at the very least have their historical national team players at their disposal. In doing so, the in-game world truly becomes more active & dynamic (and thus more realistic), contrary to the world of the ODB which contained loads of “dead end nations”.

The second one speaks for itself: players that reflect reality as much as possible in every domain: name, date of birth, field position, ability, club history, number of caps/goals etc but it also means that I strive for the correct squads of that time (+- july 2001). In other words: in no way does the concept of adding extra star players for the sake of having extra star players fit in, IF they were not in the squad in 2001-2002 that is.

It goes without saying that people who want to add any player for themselves are free to do whatever they want, the editor is there for a reason. But I will not take any such requests because I want to keep the database consistent and coherent.

Happy gaming !

Lüssenhoff

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Looking forward to starting a save tonight after work. Awesome work. So many dream team scenarios in this database.

vCash
    By the way, I can tell you that the things that you guys cannot (readily) see have often been the most time-consuming out of all aspects. Looking up players and consulting a variety of different sources if possible (I never want to rely on 1 source, there’s a lot of incorrect information) is time-consuming in itself, but is not particularly difficult if you have that dogged motivation. Though it includes remaining critical at all times because some players switched field positions throughout their career and very often today’s sources only mention their last position(s). In some cases I was even looking up match reports to find some proof of their playing position. But scenarios such as finetuning players in such a way they are given their rightful bit of talent but without them stealing the place of the traditional first team regulars right away can be a frustrating task. I have also been extremely strict on some players such as Pirlo, whom I absolutely wanted to start with an in-game 20 in creativity as this is his natural supertalent. It wasn’t easy. Then there’s the performance part too. Having a range of attributes is one thing, but are the players’ performances in-game in conformity with what one would expect from them? You don’t need tonnes of experience to find out that attributes aren’t everything. Everything needs testing.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Luessenhoff View Post
    My 2 main goals are 1. Completeness and 2. Realism.

The first point implies that I am far more interested in adding missing players of – just to name a few colourful examples – Turkmenistan, Namibia and St. Vincent & The Grenadines, irrespective of their bad to mediocre abilities, than adding future star players that do not belong in the season 01/02, merely for the sake of having more star players. There is an impressive number of (potential) star players available in 01/02, much more in my update than in the ODB, but above all I want to provide a highly immersive gaming experience by ensuring that the weaker nations too (and their clubs) at the very least have their historical national team players at their disposal. In doing so, the in-game world truly becomes more active & dynamic (and thus more realistic), contrary to the world of the ODB which contained loads of “dead end nations”.

The second one speaks for itself: players that reflect reality as much as possible in every domain: name, date of birth, field position, ability, club history, number of caps/goals etc but it also means that I strive for the correct squads of that time (+- july 2001). In other words: in no way does the concept of adding extra star players for the sake of having extra star players fit in, IF they were not in the squad in 2001-2002 that is.

It goes without saying that people who want to add any player for themselves are free to do whatever they want, the editor is there for a reason. But I will not take any such requests because I want to keep the database consistent and coherent.

Happy gaming !

Lüssenhoff
    And this is exactly what makes your DB so special/awesome!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archibalduk For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks Archibalduk.

And there is more to come. I'll be back with another update within one month.

vCash
    Hey Luessenhoff,

I'm dying to play this but I can't figure out what to do with the data.7z file? Can anyone help?!?!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMyTsigalko View Post
    Hey Luessenhoff,

I'm dying to play this but I can't figure out what to do with the data.7z file? Can anyone help?!?!!
    It's an archive which you must unzip. You can use this: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

vCash
    Yes MaxMyTsigalko,

unzip, and move (paste) all the files to the file "Data" of the game. (a likely location could be: C:/program files/Championship manager 01-02/Data)

Make sure you overwrite everything when this is asked.

That's all there is to it. Less than one minute and you're good to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingfk View Post
    I would play this on 3.9.65. Should be no conflicts.
    I got a Sweden-related error loading up a new game on .65 - I have had to start without the Swedish league selected to bypass it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hodgy View Post
    I got a Sweden-related error loading up a new game on .65 - I have had to start without the Swedish league selected to bypass it.
    I have never selected the Swedish leagues on .65 so this might be one of the exceptions to my statement Have never heard about this one before.
    Should be no problems with the major nations though.

vCash
    First of all! Thanks for massive, and great work! Looking forward to try out this database, as I prefer the original DB in the game (If I feel like playing with 02/03 squads I'll fire up CM4).

Secondly, have you removed To Madeira from the game now? Not that I particulary like to use the guy, but I tend to buy him to keep him away from other clubs. Cannot find him though

vCash
    *Spanish second division: more player history looked up (the majority of the players now have full career history) + on average, its teams perform more realistically (more players got a check-up).

*Asia and Oceania: increase of quality and quantity: more players, much higher activity level on the continent. This was my next area to tackle more deeply after having done Africa.

*Middle America including the many islands: spent weeks searching for articles in the country’s language to find out the exact playing position of dozens of players whose position is not findable on the internet. Overall result: less randomness in the smaller nations, many steps forward in terms of player positions and realism. + More home clubs, more players. Lots of middle American players were linked to the wrong club, etc ... many nations' players have been thoroughly checked.

*a former international player of that era helped me out by giving me some very precise information which -as of today- cannot be found on the internet.

*some more completion bits in Africa (the weaker nations): uncovering a number of exact player positions by reading articles and match reports.

*and many more bits & pieces here and there

Update will be posted within this week.
    Last edited by Luessenhoff; 10-09-17 at 05:24 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/7bbdgKXl/file.html

So here it is.

Finally allowed myself some playing time. Man it's better than ever before. So enthusiastic I could burst :p

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi mate.

Are players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher etc all upgraded in this database of yours?

Am I right in thinking that this is basically the .68 patch but made more realistic and true to life at that time?

What about players like Zlatan etc have they been upgraded in terms of becoming future superstars?

Many thanks,

:-)

Matt
    Last edited by Tierney-LFC-1990; 17-09-17 at 07:26 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567