View Poll Results: Player of the Season (Season 3)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • AJ

5 20.00%
  • Baz

0 0%
  • BobMem

2 8.00%
  • ebfatz

1 4.00%
  • gazzas1uk

2 8.00%
  • Janis89

4 16.00%
  • Redknapp69

2 8.00%
  • trunky

0 0%
  • Goofy

2 8.00%
  • Bevchenko

0 0%
  • Dermotron

0 0%
  • evesham

0 0%
  • Erkifino

0 0%
  • merkezekrem

0 0%
  • Fods

2 8.00%
  • batman

0 0%
  • pyromyst

0 0%
  • Jesus

4 16.00%
  • Papalzru

0 0%
  • vinjwoods

0 0%
  • Kaneman

0 0%
  • Shermaldo

0 0%
  • felixsjo

0 0%
  • loyal_royal1

0 0%
  • Liam

1 4.00%
  • samsami

0 0%
  • Craig Forrest

0 0%
  • Robaldo1

0 0%
  • Mr Green

0 0%
  • ZanSnake

0 0%
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: CM Vipers - Season 4

vCash
    jeez . Physio job at the vipers is Full on!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pyromyst For This Useful Post:

vCash

It was always curious to see the Kassam Stadium decked out in blue yet this ground was the home of Oxford Untied who always play in yellow. Says a lot about their chairman, I suppose!

The Vipers came across Oxford for the first time last season and currently boast an unbeaten record against them having beaten them 4:0 at the Snake Pit before drawing 0:0 at Kassam Stadium. In light of the two recent 3:1 defeats, The Gaffer would be delighted to keep that record going with another clean sheet which would be the first of this season.

The bad news though is that there is no sign of merkezekrem which has put paid to his plans in partnering the recently fit and returned from international duty BobMem with the AWOL defender. It means that for a third game running, someone will have to fill in out of position at centre-back! That man is Baz as he is shifted into the middle with trunky starting at left-back whilst BobMem's insertion at centre-back too has seen ebfatz move to right-back as Craig Forrest drops to the bench.

Bringing in trunky and BobMem were two of three changes to the team as pyromyst is also replaced by einsi87 in the advance midfield position.

A further change is made to the squad on the bench as colml is omitted to the squad after failing to attend training, seeing Janis89 return in his place.

Michael Appleton meanwhile, has Oxford lined up in a 4-4-2 formation. They've certainly had a tough start to the season, winning just once against Bradford but losing to Walsall, Millwall, Rochdale and Bolton which has left them 19th. A 3:2 defeat to Luton has also taken place in the League Cup.

Hopefully the Vipers could use their unbeaten record and Oxford's poor start to the season to their advantage!

That hope was blown after 6 minutes as the Vipers again conceded first.

It began as Carroll passed the ball into the area looking for Thomas. He made himself space and hit a shot on the volley. Kowalinho managed to save it before deflecting the ball clear but Hemmings went for the follow up and struck the ball into the net.

Conceding first in every game so far this season had been an incredibly frustrating habit that the Vipers just couldn't seem to kick!

Hemmings again came close to doubling the lead but his shot from Maguire's shot was sent wide of the goal.

It took until the 19th minute for the Vipers to finally register their first attempt at goal and indeed their first decent passage of play. It was Redknapp69 who went by the challenge of Hall before trying a low drive which was turned away by Eastwood. The ball was cleared by Carroll but BobMem nodded the ball right to ebfatz who hit it forward to einsi87. Advancing down the right wing, einsi87 chipped the ball into the penalty area for hornbloweroafc to knock down for Redknapp69 who arrived right on cue to smash the ball into the net with a half volley. It was a fantastic team goal and makes it 6 in 6 for Redknapp69 for the season so far.

8 minutes later though, another blow for The Gaffer as hornbloweroafc was forced off the pitch with an apparant foot injury. The ever eager samsami was ready to come on in his place.

Having equalised, the Vipers were smelling blood. einsi87 saw a fierce shot cleared off the line by Carroll, AJ saw Eastwood tip his drive wide and also pushed away a header moments later.

Typically, as the Vipers pressed, they then conceded. evesham had blocked Maguire in a good, clean tackle but Ledson picked up the ball and passed it to Hall who lost the ball after trunky's tackle. He picked it back up though and crossed it low from the right where Rothwell collected it and blasted it into the top corner to make it 2:1.

Oxford's lead lasted only 4 minutes. Passing back to Redknapp69, AJ made a run upfield which Redknapp69 played ahead and his unleashed shot could only be parried by Eastwood. Arriving to hammer home his first Vipers goal was einsi87!

The Vipers then came close to taking the lead for the first time just before half-time but AJ's header after outjumping Ribeiro to meet Redknapp69's cross clipped the post and went wide.

After the break, London35 earned himself a first yellow card after shoving Carroll. Oxford then made a change with Skarz coming on to replace Grant.

Another AJ header was turned away by Eastwood before Oxford made a second change in the 61st minute as Martin was taken off and replaced by Cundy.

10 minutes later, the Vipers had a goal out of nowhere. einsi87 had picked up the ball in a seemingly innocuous position but he decided to have a go at goal and left Eastwood scrambling to put the Vipers ahead at last.

The Gaffer then made a second change as Janis89 came on to take over from AJ. Chances followed for Baz with a header at a corner and minutes later when he was in the right place to hit a shot which was again saved by Oxford's goalkeeper.

Oxford had the ball in the net with 12 minutes left but thankfully, as Maguire stepped off to hit a square ball for Hemmings to tap into the net, the assistant referee flagged Maguire for offside!

On came Felix in the 78th minute to replace London35 as the game quietened down although Oxford again nearly spoiled the win for the Viper when Thomas laid a ball off for Hemmings to fire at goal but the ball hit the upright and went out of play!

A much needed win for the Vipers who climb up to 10th. Next up is a visit from Bristol Rovers in 4 days time!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Team work makes the dream work!!

I note that I got 100% passing accuracy, not too bad for a winger I think!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great result lads we needed to dig deep and we got it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to drkshadow1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    We're all pretty good at passing except me

But "The ever eager samsami" is happy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great Result!

Was on fire for 27 mins (assist and 100% passing) then 'SNAP', out for a month with injury! lets bounce on from this with another victory, onwards and upwards!

Samsami - Told you, your chance would come again

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hornbloweroafc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hornbloweroafc View Post
    Great Result!

Was on fire for 27 mins (assist and 100% passing) then 'SNAP', out for a month with injury! lets bounce on from this with another victory, onwards and upwards!

Samsami - Told you, your chance would come again
    Yeah, you did!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Phe - what a win and what a game!

We're struggling as a team to keep clean sheets

But great b@lls to come back again and get the much needed 3 points - only 3 points off 2nd place!

Delighted with my own performance and what a brace and game from Einsi87

Top work team - we dug in and have turned things around

Excellent write up with details about both teams Mark - properly feels like you are there IRL

Direty Rovers next up - hope the fitness holds up well for us and we have a good squad to choose from

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thankfully defence was a bit better this time

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kowalinho For This Useful Post:

AJ is online now Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    Well played, lads! Now, let's all not go AWOL and thrash Bristol on the back swing!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A good win but would love a clean sheet or two!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    good win lads....if we can't keep clean sheets we'll just score more goals...Keegans Newcastle!

another solid 7...better passing..but uneventful game for me really...
    Caroll was having a good game so hopefully my little skirmish put him off his game a bit in the 2nd half!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What a load of crap not even off the bench again

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gazzas1uk For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Too much rum and too many pies for me I guess..... I stayed on the bench....

Good win boys

vCash
    A solid 7 with playing out of position...think I need to learn how to put the ball in the net though

vCash
    * Play Gazzas at DC

vCash
    See? As soon as I return the defence is suddenly...

...just as shit as ever!

Great win though lads ,with some lovely team play. Cracking write-up too Gaffer
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

vCash
    We scored three goals. Now the defence needs to improve!

Let keep on training, lads!

vCash
    We came
    We kicked a ball
    We won :B

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    A good win but would love a clean sheet or two!
    I'm doing what i can (or what Mark made me in editor)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowalinho View Post
    I'm doing what i can (or what Mark made me in editor)
    Do it better otherwise it's the showers for me and you lad.

*flicks towel in general direction

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526