Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: A good sport "The story of Boa Esporte" from Brazil

vCash

s3 In form Boa to face local rivals Uberlandia

S3 MG Match 10 uberlandia (a)

Build up

Boa are trying to get a fourth win in a row in the Campeonato Mineiro (Minas Gerais Championship) and local rivals Uberlandia are trying to stop a five game losing run.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa did not make any personnel changes from the previous game, but changed formation from 4-1-4-1 to a 4-3-2-1 narrow formation.

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 19-03-17 at 11:33 PM.

vCash

s3 Can Boa bring the house down?

s3 MG villa nova match 11 (h)

Build up

Boa are looking for a fifth win in a row in the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship) while Villa Nova are aiming for their fourth win in a row in the Campeonato Mineiro.
    It is a tough game to predict.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa changed formation from the previous 4-3-2-1 narrow formation, to a 4-4-2 with two deep defensive midfielders against Villa Nova's 4-4-2 formation.

IN: Luis Fernandez (SC), Kleyton Domingues (AMLC), Radames (D/DMRC), Henrique (DC), Willians (DMC)

OUT: Mallmann (AMC), Ze Eduardo (FC), Gerson (AMLC), Anderson Luis (DRL), Thiago Cionek (DC)

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 17-03-17 at 10:57 AM.

vCash

S3 Praise for Boa Captain Gelmin Rivas

Journal Esportivo: Venezuelan Gelmin Rivas' form has been phenomenal so far this season, do you agree?

Me:

Yes

Journal Esportivo: What do you put this form down to?

Me:

Well firstly you do not score 17 goals in 17 games without being a very good player

Rivas (SC) attributes

Gelmin has great finishing, determination and decision making, he is also good in the air.

The other's players look up to him and he is a real leader in the team

If Gelmin is given decent supply, more often then not he will score.

I hope that Gelmin continues this form, and I have no doubt if he does he will be at this club for many years to come.
    Last edited by fry78; 19-03-17 at 12:14 PM.

vCash

s3 Can Boa send a message to America?

s3 MG America mg match 12 (h)

Build up

Boa are going for a 6th win the row in the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship) and America MG are going for their 4th win in a row.

Boa have done well against America MG since Fallon became manager. In fact, Fallon's first game was against America which Boa won.
    It is for these reason that Boa are slight favourites.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa rang the changes and lined up in a 4-1-4-1 formation matching America MG's formation.

IN: Thiago Cionek (DC), Anderson Luis (DRL), Claiton (DC), Gerson (AMLC), Mallmann (AMC), Ze Eduardo (FC)

Out: Henrique (DC), Radames (D/DMRC), Leandro Freire (DC), Willians (DMC), Kleyton (AMLC), Luis Fernandez (SC)

Well into the second half Boa changed to a much more attacking 3-1-2-1-3.

Result

Spoiler!

vCash

s3 Boa go to the La Bombonera in Buenos Aires

s3 copa libertadores r2 L2 boca juniors (a)

Build up

Boa Esporte make the 5000km round trip to Buenos Aires in Argentina to play Boca Juniors.

Boa are 1-0 up from the previous leg in Ituiutaba. Boa are faced with the task of trying to keep the Boca Juniors stars quiet.

In particular global superstar Carlos Tevez (FRC)

Carlos Tevez (FRC)

Boca Juniors are still strong favourites to progress to the Copa Libertadores Quarter Finals.
    And Boca are one of favourites to add to their collection of six Copa Libertadoes titles which they last won in 2007

The Boa Esporte team will also have to contend with the fanatical Boca Juniors fans in the La Bombonara.

Most pundits do not give Boa Esporte much hope on progressing any further in their South American adventure.

Boa Esporte's chances are not helped by the fact that their Captain and hitman Gelmin Rivas (SC) will be missing the biggest game in Boa's history to date. Gelmin Rivas will be on international duty with Venezuela.

Gelmin Rivas (SC)

Some say Venezuela are giving the two fingers to Boa but that is a matter of personal opinion.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa line out with the same defensive 4-1-4-1 formation that served them well in their previous game against America MG.

However, there are three personnel changes.

IN: Luis Fernandez (SC), Radames (D/DMRC), Leandro Freire

OUT: Gelmin Rivas (SC), Gerson (AMLC), Claiton (DC)

In Gelmin Rivas' absence Fabiano (GK) will deputise as Boa captain.

Fabiano (GK)

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 22-04-17 at 05:47 PM.

vCash

s3 Boa to give youth a chance

s3 MG match 13 nacional mg (a)

Build up

After their trip to Buenos Aires, Boa are back in Brazilian state of Mina Gerais.

In the less then salubrious surrounds of Uberaba to face Nacional MG.

Boa will be very short favourites for this game they are going for their 7th Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais State Championship) win in a row.

Nacional MG got a draw in their last Campeonato Mineiro game against fellow struggles Mamore. However, Nacional MG lost their previous 5 games before that match.

Nacional MG will have it all to do just to keep the score respectable

The last meeting against Boa resulted in a 6-0 hammering in the Estádio da Fazendinha.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa change from the 4-1-4-1 formation used against Boca Juniors, to the tried and tested 3-5-2 Crystal Wings formation

Fallon also rang the changes for Boa Esporte, with only one survivor - Mallmann (AMC) from the game against Boca Juniors.

A very youthful squad is named by Boa manager Fallon. With 6 players under the age of 22.

Five of those players still in their teens Peterson (DLC), Celiao (DC), De Abreerto (FLC) Hebinhosa (D/AML) and Jose Renato (FC)

Peterson (DLC)

Celiao (DC)

Portela (DR) is the 'veteran' of the youngsters at 21 years of age.

Ederson Portela (DR)

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 07-06-17 at 02:59 PM.

vCash

s3 May Review

Fixture list review - 2nd April - 2nd May

Boa have had a great month, going ubeaten in 8 games between the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship) and the Copa Libertadores.

The only game Boa did not win was a 0-0 draw against Boca Juniors which saw Boa progress to the Quarter-Finals of the Copa Libertadores.

Campeonato Mineiro League Table 1st Period

Despite Boa's form of 7 Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship) games unbeaten, it appears that Boa will struggle to qualify for the Campeonato Mineiro Final from the first period.

This is because there are only 2 games remaining in this period for Boa, Atletico Mineiro will have to drop points in thier last game in order for Boa to take the qualification spot

Campeonato Mineiro League Table 2nd Period

Boa have gone 4 games unbeaten in this period and with 7 games remaining in this period, the club will be confident of progressing to the qualification place.

Player performance

Player form

Of the senior regular players Mallmann (AMC) is top of the pile

Mallmann (AMC)

Player Average Rating

Senior regulars Gerson (AMLC), Rivas (SC), Willians (DMC), Octavio (AMRLC) are having great seasons so far.

Gerson (AMLC)

Rivas (SC)

Willians (DMC)

Octavio (AMRLC)

Finances

Managing Director – Armando Casagrande

Casagrande: Finance is OK

Me:

Don't worry Aramando!

With our youth academy and scouting network, it is only a matter of time before we start attracting the attention of the free spending Chinese Clubs!

Finances overview

Players in/out?

The wage bill was decreased slightly as Sacramento was sold for free to Novo Hamburgo

The veteran attacking midfielder and current Boa fans player of the year was deemed surplus to requirements.

Sacramento (AMLC)

Me:

Sacramento (AMLC) was a great servant to the club but I felt it was an opportunity to clear the wage bill and give youth a chance

Board Confidence

Presidente Moraes

Presidente Moraes: Is excellent progress

Me:

Sound, thanks
    Last edited by fry78; 30-03-17 at 10:22 PM.

vCash

s3 Rivas URT? Rivas Benched

s3 mg match 14 urt (h)

Build up

Boa appear likely to continue their winning run, and make it 8 games won in a row in the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship).

URT on the other hand have had more mixed fortunes, in the last 8 games they went on a 4 game losing streak, only halted by a narrow 3-2 victory against a poor Nacional MG side .

URT's only other victory in that time was a 1-0 win against lowly Uberlandia (Boa Esporte's rivals)

However, in past games against URT Boa have struggled against URT's 4-4-2 formation and have never managed convincing victories.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa have brought back their more regular senior players, following their victory against Nacional (MG).

In fact they have changed their entire starting eleven. They have lined up in a 4-4-2 formation with two (DMC's)

It is thought that Mallmann (AMC) does not fit this formation, which is why he is benched for this game.

However the major shock is all about Boa captain Gelmin Rivas (SC) who is sensationally left out of the starting eleven.

He does manage a place on the bench.

Gelmin Rivas (SC)

It is unclear whether this is due to injury or if he has just been rested.

Spaniard Luis Fernandez (SC) and Ze Eduardo (FC) start up top

Luis Fernandez (SC)

Ze Eduardo (FC)

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 31-03-17 at 03:26 PM.

vCash

S3 Garavelli praises Caue (MC)

Assistant Manager Marco Garavelli

Me:

Ah howaya Marco, what's the craic?

Garavalli: I not know what craic

Me:

Of course you don't....

I believe you have a training report for me?

Garavalli: Yes, is Caue (MC)

Me:

Caue is a decent midfielder but I believe it will suit the club better if he was trained as a defender.

Having midfielders who are trained as defenders greatly increases options in a game.

I am of the opinion that Caue has the attributes to play as a creative defender in a back three.

He has decent all around portioning, creativity, passing, technique and is also not bad in the air.

Otherwise his appearances in the team will be limited based on the current squad.

Oh and don't worry Marco we will get your contract sorted

Garavelli: Obrigado chefe (Thank you Boss)

Me:

I suppose now that you are fluent Portuguese, it can only help in the contract negotiations
    Last edited by fry78; 31-03-17 at 10:01 PM.

vCash

s3 Youngster Renato (FC) starts away to Cruzeiro

s3 MG Match 15 Cruzeiro (a)

Build up

Cruzeiro have won their last 4 games in the Campeonato Mineiro (Minas Gerais Championship) but Boa have won 8 games in a row in the Campeonato Mineiro.

Both teams are on 12 points in the Campeonato Mineiro table and Boa Esporte have a game in hand.

Atletico Mineiro look likely to qualify from the first period of the championship.

So the second period of the championship appears that it will be between both Cruzeiro and Boa.

Which team can get the second qualifying place, from the second period of the Campeonato Mineiro?

But, any Cruzeiro v Boa game will always have an extra edge.

Boa manager Fallon claims his side were cheated out the the first division final qualification in his second season.

The Cruzeiro fans are also expected to provide an intimidating atmosphere.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa line out with a defensive 4-1-4-1 against Cruzeiro's diamond formation,

IN: Jose Renato (FC), Mallmann (AMC), Henrique (DC), Radames (D/DMRC)

OUT: Luis Fernandez (SC) Willians (DMC), Anderson Luis (DRL), Cionek(DC)

Anderson Luis (DRL) and Cionek (DC) are both enforced changes because of injury. Veteran, Henrique (DC) and the experienced Radames, are expected to be able deputies.

But the youngster Renato (FC) is a surprising starter, particularly when captain and striker Gelmin Rivas is named on the bench.

Renato (FC)

Renato (FC) attributes

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 01-04-17 at 11:16 AM.

vCash

S3 Boa look to bounce back after loss?

S3 MG match 16 America mg (a)

Build up

Both clubs renew acquaintance after just over a two weeks since their previous clash , where Boa beat America MG 2-0.

Boa hope to get back on the winning trail after the ending of their 8 game winning streak.

America MG's form has been patchy since their last meeting with Boa.
    America lost their next two Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship) matches but did manage a good 4-0 victory against Tupi, most recently.

In light of their previous meeting Boa are viewed as favourites and seem likely to line out with a 4-1-4-1 formation that brought them victory.

Tactics

Formation and line up

As expected Boa lined out with a 4-1-4-1 formation matching America MG.

But Fallon seems to have bowed to the pressure from the press, and brought Riva (SC) back into the starting line up, to captain the side.

There were two changes from Boa's last Mina Gerais defeat against Cruzeiro.

IN: Rivas (SC), Thiago Cionek (DC)

OUT: Jose Renato (FC), Henrique (DC)

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 03-04-17 at 09:33 PM.

vCash

s3 Champagne Supernova or the great and the good?

s3 match 17 Villa Nova (a)

Build up

Villa Nova have had very mixed results in their last three games.
    Villa Nova beat Uberlandia 4-0 (a), lost to Cruzeiro 4-0 (a) and beat America MG 4-2 (a)

Boa have beaten Villa Nova in their previous meeting by matching their 4-4-2 formation, and normally play against them with two (DMCs) for extra security.

It means that Boa are favourites for another win against Villa Nova.

But Nova's unpredictability means it is one to avoid in the accumulators.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa line up with a 4-4-2 formation with two deep-lying midfielders

With four changes from their win against America MG

IN: Henrique (DC), Caue (MC), Willians (DMC), Fernandez (SC)

OUT: Thiago Cionek (DC), Leo Bartholo (DMC), Ze Eduardo (FC), Mallmann (AMC)

Cionek, Bartholo and Ze Eduardo succumbed to injury and Mallmann was a tactical change.

Result

Spoiler!

vCash

s3 Boa legend Marques sold for free

Marques (FC)

33 year old Marques won three awards.
    All three in the same season.
    Minas Gerais Best Player, Minas Gerais Top Goalscorer and was justifiably award the Boa fans player of the year award in Fallon's first season at the club.

Fallon said “It was a privilege to manage such a player and he will forever be remembered in the history of this great club.
    I wish him the very best for the future at his new club Bangu”
    Last edited by fry78; 06-04-17 at 12:56 PM.

vCash

s3 Later that day in the Boa Esporte Manager's office....

Me:

For f**k sake Marco. Marques was top scorer in the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship) and not ONE team was able to give the club a decent offer!

It is so difficult to sell players in Brazilian football they are so reluctant to part with any cash.

Marco Garavelli Assistant Manager:

Garavelli: In a Italy.....

Me:

We are not in a Italy now Marco.

If you were in Ireland you would be some bleedin chipper.

Garavelli: To chip ball like striker no?

Me:

No Marco,I mean to peel spuds, like a chipper.

You have to have good man management skills, and be motivational.

But, you also have to keep customers disciplined, and work with youngsters.

And make decent chips

And healthy burgers, preferably battered ones.

Last edited by fry78; 08-04-17 at 10:11 PM.

vCash

s3 Boa welcome back the Ecudorians LDU Quito to Ituiutaba

s3 Copa Libertadores Quarter-Final L1 LDU quito (h)

Build up

This has to be the biggest game in Boa Esporte's history.

But the fans are confident, as Boa have already beaten LDU Quito in two of the group stages of the Copa Libertadores

Vivi and the Samba band will be there to make some noise

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa are to line up with a wingback formation http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8361 against LDU Quito's 5-3-2 formation.

Boa made five changes from their draw against Villa Nova.

IN: Leandrinho (AM/FRLC), Mallmann (AMC), Thiago Cionek (DC), Anderson Luis (DRL), Peterson (DLC)

OUT: Luis Fernandez (SC), Gerson (AMLC), Caue (MC), Guto (D/ML), Henrique (DC)

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 22-04-17 at 05:50 PM.

vCash

S3 Meeting about wage bill with Assistant Manager Garavelli

Me:
    Howaya, Marco, I have called you here because I need your man management skills

Garavelli:

Si capo (Yes, boss)

Me:

I need you to see if you can lower the wage bill

I need you to encourage them to sign new contracts for lower wages.

I suppose you could see if any of the players like chips?

Garavelli:

I make chips, I save money?

Me:

Exactly, Marco!

See if the players like the chips and sign the contracts

vCash

S3 Four players sign new Boa contracts?

We can report. from sources close to the club that, Fabiano (GK), Gerson (AMLC), Octavio (AMRLC) and Leo Bartholo (DMC) all have committed to Boa Esporte, much to the delight of the fans.

Fabiano (GK)

Gerson (AMLC)

Octavio (AMRLC)

Leo Bartholo (DMC)

Last edited by fry78; 09-04-17 at 12:32 AM.

vCash

s3 Chipping away

Marco Garavelli walked into the Boa manager's office, carrying four contracts and a plate of chips.

Marco Garavelli:

Capo (Boss) , the players accept lower wages - Leo Bartholo (DMC), Fabiano (GK), Octavio (AMRLC) and Gerson (AMLC)

Me:

Marco, how did you get them to accept the lower wages?

Did you tell them my plans for the club and how I think we can become one of the greatest clubs in South America?

Garavelli:

Si Capo, (Yes Boss) and I say to players, Boa is great, and I make also the chips.

Fabiano (GK) Contract

Me:
    Good, we got Fabiano for another about another two years and a half, at the equivalent of €6500 per week.

I also noticed, you managed to increase the minimum clause release fee, to the equivalent of €5.75m. Good work!

Leo Bartholo (DMC) Contract

Me:
    At least now he cannot go as a free agent, that is one of the good things about this

I might finally get some cash for a player again.

We are well covered in the defensive midfield position.

Gerson (AMLC) Contract

Great! Gerson is now tied to the club for just under 4 years,

And has a minimum clause release fee of the equivalent of €20m!!!

I am delighted with this, he is a very good young player with bundles of talent, and he is a great pro.

Octavio (AMRLC) Contract

Superb, Marco!

You managed to get Octavio to sign a contract of just under 6 years!

For only the equivalent of €3000 per week!!!

Last edited by fry78; 12-04-17 at 11:37 AM.

vCash

s3 Boa must keep the pressure on

S3 MG Match 18 urt (a)

Build up

Boa are right in the hunt for a qualification place in the the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship)

Atletico Mineiro look like they already have one of the qualification places from the 1st period so they are not a factor in the 2nd period race.

Boa have two games in hand on some of their nearest competitors.

Since Boa's recent defeat of today's opponents 3-1 just 17 days ago, Boa's form in the Campeonato Mineiro (Minas Gerais State Championship) has been mixed, with a loss, a win and a draw.

URT's form has been slightly better during that time with two wins and a defeat.

A good 4-1 win against Mamore, a heavy 4-0 loss to America MG and a recent very impressive 2-0 win against Cruzeiro will make Boa wary about today's opponents.

It is for this reason that Boa are only slight favourites for today's match.

Tactics

Formation and line up

There is a change in formation from the 3-5-2 Boa used in the Copa Libertadores to a 4-3-2-1 formation.

Which means three personnel changes:

IN: Gerson (AMLC), Guto (D/ML), Kleyton (AMLC),

OUT: Leandrinho (AM/FRLC), Radames (D/DMRC), Peterson (DLC)

Result

Spoiler!

vCash

s3 Boa favorites to make the Copa Libertadores Semi-Finals

s3 Copa Libertadores Quarter Final L2 LDU quito (a)

Build up

Boa hold a comfortable 2-0 lead from their home leg of the tie and are short favourites to progress to the Semi-Finals of the Copa Libertadores for the first time in their history.

A tie in which Boa got their highest gate receipts and record attendance.

However, this pales into comparison at the attendance that is expected in the La Casa Blanca in Quito Ecuador.

Around 50,000 fans will pack La Casa Blanca

LDU Quito's fans expect their team to fight to stay in the Copa Libertadores.as they are previous winners of the competition, and also have won other South American titles.

Including the Copa Sudamericana, and LDU are also two time winners of the Recopa Sudamericana.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa are to start with the same formation from their last game against URT in the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship) with a 4-3-2-1 formation.

IN: Ivan (AML), Leo Bartholo (DMC), Radames (D/DMRC)

OUT: Gerson (AMLC), Willians (DMC), Anderson Luis (DRL)

It appears that Boa manager Fallon is taking the opportunity to rest these three players as they have a 2-0 lead from the first leg.

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 14-04-17 at 11:21 AM.

vCash

s3 Shock result - Boa qualify for the Campeonato Mineiro 1st period

Against all the odds Boa Esporte qualify for the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship) play off.

However, Boa Esporte did not even have to kick a ball.

With Atletico Mineiro only needing a draw to assure qualification from the first period. They contrived to lose against Cruzeiro 5-2

With Uruguayan attacking midfielder Giorgian de Arrascaeta putting in a superb display

Giorgian de Arrascaeta (AMRC)

Because of this shock win for Cruzeiro, Boa qualify for the play offs by the narrowest of margins.

On a goal difference of 24 for Boa Esporte against 23 for Atletico Mineiro.

Press Conference

Press:

You must be delighted at this unexpected result?

Me:

Yes, I am, but I am also very surprised by it.

This provides me with a great chance to give the youngsters in the squad a chance to see what they can do

It will be a good test for them in the remaining matches in the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship).

vCash

s3 Boa youngsters to make debut against Tupi

s3 MG match 19 Tupi (h)

Build up

Boa are going for their fourth game unbeaten in the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship) since their narrow defeat to Cruzeiro.

In contrast, Tupi have only had won win in their last four games which was against whipping boys Nacional (MG). And the other three games resulted in defeat for Tupi.

In their previous meeting Boa narrowly defeated Tupi 2-1.

But, having already achieved qualification in dramatic circumstances, it is uncertain how Boa Esporte will approach this game.

Particularly, after a long trip back to Brazil from their Copa Libertadores exploits in Ecuador.

Boa manager Nigel Fallon's comments that he will be giving more young players a chance makes this game a difficult one to call.

There is only one thing for certain it is a match not to put down on your accumulators.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa start with the same 4-3-2-1 formation that was used against LDU de Quito

But as expected, there are eight changes to the previous line up

IN: Adilson (AM/FLC), Aprecido Martaldo (DMC), Caue (MC), Leandrinho (AM/FRLC), Claudio Luiz (DL), Lopes Ferreirica (DC) and Fabiero (DC) and Anderson Luis (DRL)

OUT: Octavio (AMRLC), Mallmann (AMC), Leo Bartholo (DMC), Kleyton (AMLC), Guto (D/ML), Radames (D/DMRC), Thiago Cionek (DC) and Leandro Freire (DC)

The significance of this is that 16 year old Lopes Ferreirica (DC) and 18 year old Fabieiro (DC) are set to make their Boa Esporte first team debuts.

Lopes Ferreirica (DC)

Fabieiro (DC)

Result[/center]

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 08-06-17 at 12:24 AM.

vCash
    Fact is sometimes stranger then fiction: If you want to know more about how the real life Striker 'Nirvana' is getting on read the following:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 15-04-17 at 12:57 PM.

vCash

s3 Boa Babies to face Caldense ?

s3 MG match 20 Caldense (h)

Build up

Boa are virtually unbackable against Caldense. In their previous meeting Boa won 3-0, easily.

Caldense are one of the weakest teams in the Campeonato Mineiro (Mina Gerais Championship).

In Caldense's last 4 games they have suffered three heavy defeats, and a surprise draw against Cruzeiro.

Boa are going for their fifth game unbeaten, and their third win in a row.

The quality of the away side is poor, and Boa have already qualified for the final of the Campeonato Mineiro through the 1st period

So, it would be no surprise if Fallon gives some more of the fringe and younger players a run out.

Tactics

Formation and line up

Boa change from the 4-3-2-1 formation used against Tupi, to a 3-5-2 direct wing back formation

There are only two players who remain from the previous line up Ivan (AML)
    and Caue (MC)

Ivan (AML)

35 year old player/coach Teco (DC) makes his Boa debut

Teco (DC)

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 07-06-17 at 11:59 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to fry78 For This Useful Post:

vCash

s3 Boa travel to Uruguay for the Copa libertadores Semi-final 1st leg

s3 Copa Libertadores Semi-Final L1 Club Nacional Montevideo (a)

Build up

Boa make the over 2000km trip to Montevideo in Uruguay to face Club Nacional in the Gran Parque Central where about 20,000 fans are expected.

The Boa fans try to get there by any means they can, for this historic occasion

The Club Nacional fans promise a good welcome for the Boa Esporte team.

Some Uruguayans say they are destined to win the Copa Libertadores as they were fortunate to overcome their Quarter-Final
    opponents.
    In contrast to Boa's 4-2 aggregate Quarter Final Copa Libertadores win over LDU de Quito of Ecuador, Club Nacional were really made to sweat.

Club Nacional played out two 1-1 draws against Club America of Mexico.

The match went to penalties and Club Nacional managed to win the shootout.

Club Nacional are favourites due to their pedigree and tradition in South American club football. They were very strong for just under a 20 year period between 1971 and 1989.

Copa Libertadores (3): 1971, 1980, 1988
    Intercontinental Cup (3): 1971, 1980, 1988
    Copa Interamericana (2): 1971, 1988
    Recopa Sudamericana (1): 1989

Tactics

Formation and line up

Caue (MC) is the sole player from Boa's experimental line up who hammered Caldense 6-1.

He will now be getting his chance to shine against the Uruguayan's.

Caue (MC)

Caue's confidence will be high after scoring a brace in the game.

But, he played in midfield in that game.

Against Club Nacional Caue will be playing out of position as the creative centre back in the back three. Fallon has again named a 3-5-2 direct wing-backs formation

Gerson (AMLC) is also named out of position playing as striker with a roving role in support of Boa's Captain Gelmin Rivas (SC).

Gerson (AMLC)

Result

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fry78; 22-04-17 at 01:05 PM.