Thread: Network problems (Win 10)

vCash

Network problems (Win 10)

Im struggling to get it to work on Windows 10. Can anyone help? It sets up the network game then fails, saying the network game could not be created. I've tried the windows 95 compatibility thing but no dice. I've also made sure it's not restricted on the mccafe firewall.

I read through the help but it all appears to be based on Windows 7 which is making things difficult.

As an aside, do you know if its possible to play network games on a mac? The guy im meant to play with has a mac and followed the install steps on this website to make cm work, but if he cant play online then this whole things pointless anyway.

Thanks in advance.

vCash
    Hi Alex

Okay, windows 10 you say? compatibility needs to be on windows 95. Have you deleted the Cup32 file? have you double clicked the IP file in your CM folder? although nothing happens when you do this, its important you do it AFTER you've installed Hamachi, as it refreshes the IP and connects both programs. Also in your CM folder, there should be a ~net file you can open with notepad, the IP in this must be the same of that on your Hamachi, if its not, you'll need to edit it and change it, bear in mind, possibly wont let you whilst its situated in the CM folder, so copy it on desktop or somewhere, edit it as it will allow you to, save it, then cut/copy it back in your CM folder, over-riding the original.

If you need anything else, give us a shout

Also, not a clue about the Mac system

vCash
    Hi guys I'm not computer minded at all but me and my friend both have cm 01/02 with the updated patched and transfers etc runnin on windows 10 can any one help me out and explain step by step how to get a network game running I've tried to follow forums and you tube videos but got nowhere. Any help is appreciated

vCash

Windows 10

Hi guys I'm not computer minded at all but me and my friend both have cm 01/02 with the updated patched and transfers etc runnin on windows 10 can any one help me out and explain step by step how to get a network game running I've tried to follow forums and you tube videos but got nowhere. Any help is appreciated

vCash
    Sure I just read this same
    Post somewhere, maybe I dreamt it

vCash
    Ensure Compatibility is (Win95) and also that you Run as Admin

Hamachi Program (IMO) is a must, so ensure you've got this installed and have created an active network group and that people who are playing with you, have joined it

Ensure you delete the Cup32 (or whatever its called) from the CM/Data/ Folder, this is a must

In your CM Folder, there is an Icon, called 'IP' double click it, although nothing actually happens, this will refresh the IP of that with Hamachi running alongside

Also in your CM Folder, theres a file called '~net' open this, with word if you have to, ensure the IP Number displayed is the same as your Hamachi one, so not the 192.**** if you need to change it yourself manually you can, but... copy the ~net file to desktop, then edit it from there, then save, then move it back into you CM folder, over-writing, note: it will not let you edit it from the CM Folder location

All being well that should be it, any problems, just post here, as and when I get on, Ill try and help

Mikey

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

vCash
    the only problem is i dont have a ~net file in my cm folder

vCash
    Hmmm, you're not the first person to have stated that, so.... what I can suggest, and this has worked with a couple people, use someone elses, edit the IP number to match that of your Hamachi, then paste it in the CM Folder. I sent mine to a few people, edited the IP, and Booom it worked, an idea

vCash
    Found. Net file on my old laptop and moved it over and still no luck, maybe it's just not meant to be. Is there any programs except hamachi I case that's the problem?

vCash
    There are, but not sure which/what, as I've always used Hamachi, and had no issues. I think 1 of the biggest issues is Windows 10 to be honest -

- - - Updated - - -

An idea for you - if you want - im free tomorrow morning, If you're happy to trust me, I can teamview (remote pc) and do it for you

vCash
    Successfully created a network game using hamachi, thanks very much "Offside trap" for you help. Curious now to see if anyone is able to join.

vCash
    No worries, glad to help, Im free most mornings if you wanna run any tests,

vCash

URGENT HELP REQUEST - NETWORK GAME ON WINDOWS 10?!?!?!

Hi all,

My friends and I are just trying to rediscover the great times we had ten years ago playing network games but despite following all the advice we could find (for the last 7 hours!) we still can't get it up and running.

If anyone has a clue what we could be doing wrong please give me a shout. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Will

vCash
    Have you checked the network section? Lots of help there

vCash
    I seem to be having the same problems, it loads all fine and at the end tells me I can't create a network game... Hamachi IP4 and IP6 both look the same, running as admin and win95... Would you let me know what you did to make it work as my problems seems very similar to yours...

Cheers
    Ted

vCash

Hamachi Network Game Windows 10

Hi all, hoping you can help. I have tried setting up a network game on windows 10 and I can't get it to work, it says can't create network game. I also don't have the option to run in NT 4.0 compatibility and the ~net file looks different to what is on the forums. Any ideas?

vCash
    Try compatibility mode Win 95

vCash
    Hi,

Hope you can help I am trying to get a network game setup on windows 10 I have followed your steps above but it's still saying unable to create network game, I have made sure the game is set to run in compatability mode windows 95 and run as admin. I have downloaded Hamachi and set a new network up the cup32 file I was unsure about the only one like it I could see was Cpuinf32.dll is that the one I am meant to delete? then I clicked the ip.exe file then moved onto the ~net.out file open it and it says 127.0.0.1, if I open my Hamachi at the top it doesnt say that IP its completely different. I have tried changing the IP then replacing the file and also leaving it as the IP it gives me and none seem to work. I still get the unable to create network game? Also does everyone trying to join the game need tio follow these steps? or just the one creating it? do people need to be part of your Hamachi network before it will create the network game aswell? or should you be able to create one then people join?

Do you have any ideas???

316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by tatt11 View Post
    Hi,

Hope you can help I am trying to get a network game setup on windows 10 I have followed your steps above but it's still saying unable to create network game, I have made sure the game is set to run in compatability mode windows 95 and run as admin. I have downloaded Hamachi and set a new network up the cup32 file I was unsure about the only one like it I could see was Cpuinf32.dll is that the one I am meant to delete? then I clicked the ip.exe file then moved onto the ~net.out file open it and it says 127.0.0.1, if I open my Hamachi at the top it doesnt say that IP its completely different. I have tried changing the IP then replacing the file and also leaving it as the IP it gives me and none seem to work. I still get the unable to create network game? Also does everyone trying to join the game need tio follow these steps? or just the one creating it? do people need to be part of your Hamachi network before it will create the network game aswell? or should you be able to create one then people join?

Do you have any ideas???
    When you change the net file to the hamachi details, save it, then make it read only in the properties. Also delete the app called 'IP' in the cm main folder after to prevent the game trying to ascertain the IP in future

Lastly, allow hamachi and cm through your firewall a d windows firewall.

That should gelp

316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by markduff83 View Post
    the only problem is i dont have a ~net file in my cm folder
    The IP app in the main cm folder generates the net file, double click it

vCash
    Same problem here... "The network game could not be created".
    Tried absolutely everything and no luck hosting a network game on my Windows 10. Copied the CM folder to my old laptop running Windows 7 and it worked, and I successfully joined that network game on my Win 10 PC.
    I also tried on other Win 10 PC and no luck. The problem is obviosly the Win NT compatibility that is missing in Win 10.
    Any ideas?

316'sRegen Unattached
    Win95 Offside Trap says.

Have you tried (and read) everything in this thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    Win95 Offside Trap says.

Have you tried (and read) everything in this thread?
    Yes, some problem with Win95 compatibility.