Thread: PES 17

vCash

PES 17

As many of you know pes and Fifa has been around years.

Any ways I've gone for pes this year and I've found an option file and ran it on pes and all the teams are updated etc apart from EFL championship anyone found a option file for it yet if so can you point me in the direction? Many thanks

vCash
    Gotta wait I guess for the creators to update their stuff.

Btw I know it's unfair to compare demo vs full game, but... It's hilarious how both football games can be so different in terms of feeling they give.

FIFA 17 Demo:

and

when pitted against PES 2017

and

Truth be told, FIFA this year is not a winner in terms of gameplay. Unless full game changed things up. In Games thread I said I am sorry for doubting KONAMI/PES Team after demo (and demo was really not good for me). Full game blew my socks off, despite the loss of licenses (I can't not comment on that one, can I?), ridiculous and still unchanged player ratings system at the end of game (I swear not even PES guys can explain what is the scale here and how ratings work O_O - most I got was 8.5 after hattrick and 2 assists. LOL), audio commentary I turned off straight away, it's dull, boring and same lines as last year, lack of generic stadiums and only having 22 (that's the biggest issue right now, when you consider PES 6 had 80+ stadiums) and finally, still haven't got back the coin toss option (again something which was in PES 6), which means Home team always starts the match - not very realistic.

However, most fundamental thing they got right this year is: GAMEPLAY. FIFA can boast all they like, but like PES team said: let the pitch do the talking.

I will still get FIFA as like I like to say: there needs to be variety in games you play . 2 good football games in 1 year, that didn't happen for long time in the past.
    Last edited by info0; 23-09-16 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    same old info lol

vCash
    Not really mate. Last year, there were annoyances one couldn't look away from (for example, AI scoring same type of goal over and over again, refs being too lenient which ruined a lot of stuff, lack of long term injuries and so forth, also lack of OF file sharing which meant, you had to edit ALL the kits and such yourself).

This year, I give them credit. Best PES since PS2 PES 6 and best football feeling game in this generation of consoles yet. You can try it if you doubt me . I can even give you OF I use (DFL).

vCash
    I haven't played neither PES nor FIFA for a few years now. Getting too old for that. Anyway, I watched the videos for both games and what struck me the most is how unrealistic both of them are in terms of speed and team mentality.

IRL you see teams patiently build from the back, although occasionally going at the opponent at full speed during a counter or something. PES and FIFA however, as soon as a team gets the ball it is instantly looking to go forward ASAP, attack attack attack for the full match, from start to finish. I think PES looked 'worse' than FIFA in this regard, but the difference was marginal.

To be fair the games have probably always been this way. You don't think about it when playing (of course you want to score goals and win the match), but it is super obvious when simply watching.

vCash
    It was always like that mate. Hell, FIFA scrapped 45 min halves completely remember (and frankly, I used to play like that, full 90 min matches XD).