Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: October 2016 Data Update Technical Queries

vCash
    Would suggest a fresh install mate

2016 year only playable with Saturn patch

vCash
    Yeah, went for the fresh install Got started with a new game without any errors. Crossing my fingers for January 9th Thanks for all the help! I'll check out the Saturn patch...

vCash
    One last (probably stupid) qestion. Is the Saturn patch the patch called "Competition Renaming...". I can see that it has been released by Saturn, so it probably is, but I just want to make sure...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanfanman View Post
    One last (probably stupid) qestion. Is the Saturn patch the patch called "Competition Renaming...". I can see that it has been released by Saturn, so it probably is, but I just want to make sure...
    here for compeition renaming patch

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=286

You will need to install saturn's 2.21.1+ v2 patch to start in 2016 http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9049

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    when I go to download the update files the links don't work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martynlewis1888 View Post
    when I go to download the update files the links don't work.
    If this link then nothing wrong with it mate

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=285

vCash

October 2016 Data Update Memory Issue

Hello, I've looked through the forum and can't find a solution to my problem, though that might just be a poor showing from me as I definitely would not claim to be technically proficient on a laptop.
    The problem is that after downloading the update and following all necessary steps, I get to pasting all the files into the original data folder and it doesn't let me due to not having enough space to do so within the folder. 'There is not enough space on CM0102. You need an additional 57.4 MB to copy these files.'
    I've fiddled about with all of the memory solutions on the forum to no avail. I'm wondering if there's anything I could do, or maybe I'm just completely missing something out. Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

vCash
    Unless you have a ton of music and movies on the same drive an it's actually full there should be plenty of space on any hard drive in a modern laptop or pc.

Also, are you trying to copy the files without extracting them from the zip folder first?

vCash
    Nope there's nothing else on there the only thing that I've ever used the laptop for is for CM. If it helps it says that the DVD Drive has a total size of 288 MB? I'd gone into settings and changed the memory maximum size originally when I was installing the game and I've done it again now, but whatever size I change it to it doesn't seem to have an impact. That's after restarting and actually ensuring that I've changed it.

Yes I've extracted them from the zip folder.

vCash
    Sounds like you are copying the files back onto the disc? They need to go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02\Data folder

vCash
    Im unsure where best to post my question so i have decided to add it in here...

I hate messing with the editor but to achieve what i want i know i will have to , i want to add my local non league side Hanley Town into the game and then in turn add the players from the current squad into the team so that i can then add them to the northern premier and attempt to take them to the top of the game.

What do i need to do, are there people on the forum that if i get the info to them they can do this for me. ?

Mods.. Sorry if i have jumped in the wrong post if you could move for me would be much appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupna View Post
    Im unsure where best to post my question so i have decided to add it in here...

I hate messing with the editor but to achieve what i want i know i will have to , i want to add my local non league side Hanley Town into the game and then in turn add the players from the current squad into the team so that i can then add them to the northern premier and attempt to take them to the top of the game.

What do i need to do, are there people on the forum that if i get the info to them they can do this for me. ?

Mods.. Sorry if i have jumped in the wrong post if you could move for me would be much appreciated.
    Open the editor
    Load
    No to Validate
    Edit >New Item
    Choose Club >Create
    Enter Club details and save

Then go to ClComp
    Find the league you want to put the club in (Wales I think if you are using Northern Premier as Wales replaces NP in the patch)
    Click on the clubs tab
    Pick a club and highlight it, then click swap and choose your club.
    Save the editor and load a game

*run editor as administrator

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    When i create the players in the team do i use there real life DOB or do i have to take in consideration of the years they were born ?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wayupna For This Useful Post:

vCash

October 2016 data update query

I have installed the game and SI game patch but don't appear to have the editor or data folder to update to 2016 data. sorry I'm not the best at this sort of thing and was wondering if anyone has any idea where I have gone wrong?? thanks

vCash
    Data Folder should C: Prog Files: Championship Manager 01/02

Once you have done that - apply the 2016 Oct data files in the data folder in C: Prog Files: Championship Manager 01/02/Data

If you need step by step on that follow the below

1 - Download the data file (October 2016) update - https://www.sendspace.com/file/fduvmb
    2 - Find the downloaded file from wherever you saved it
    3 - Right click - then choose "extract here"
    4 - You should then have a folder called "October 2016 Data Files"
    5 - Go into that file (double click)
    6 - Copy all of the files there (26 files)
    7 - Go to C/Program Files/Championship Manager 01-02/Data - this is the usual path where ORIGINAL data files are kept when game was initially created
    8 - Paste the files into here
    9 - It will say the file is already there and ask you what you want to do
    10 - Click "copy and replace" - in the bottom of the screen - check the box that says "Do this for the next 25 conflicts"
    11 - Load up the game and enjoy

vCash
    You will need to adjust by 15 years

eg: Rooneys DOB in the editor is 24/10/1970 while he was actually born 24/10/1985

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fods View Post
    Open the editor
    Load
    No to Validate
    Edit >New Item
    Choose Club >Create
    Enter Club details and save

Then go to ClComp
    Find the league you want to put the club in (Wales I think if you are using Northern Premier as Wales replaces NP in the patch)
    Click on the clubs tab
    Pick a club and highlight it, then click swap and choose your club.
    Save the editor and load a game

*run editor as administrator
    can someone explain the "no to validate" thing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    can someone explain the "no to validate" thing?
    If you validate it clears all the players history's I believe

vCash
    Hi guys! Can somebody tell me what the difference between "saturn's 2.21.1+ v2 patch & the exe file from post #2" and the "renaming patch" from the downloading section is? I think I have both, and the game crashes when starting a new game. I believe I have all the data and all the patches I need to start a new game in 2016 with the October 2016 updates, but there are so many patches and elements (compatibility, tapani patch, saturn patch, 3.9.68t version, etc) that I am having trouble piecing the puzzle together. Let's say I (once again) go for a fresh install, could somebody help me list up what patches I need to use and in what order please? I know this is a pretty tall order...

vCash
    Hi just new to windows 10 so this has been a mare. I was advised to mount the image with Virtual CloneDrive but I just get a can't open VDC error. Are there any known issues with this app, should I try another?

Thanks in advance lads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanfanman View Post
    Hi guys! Can somebody tell me what the difference between "saturn's 2.21.1+ v2 patch & the exe file from post #2" and the "renaming patch" from the downloading section is? I think I have both, and the game crashes when starting a new game. I believe I have all the data and all the patches I need to start a new game in 2016 with the October 2016 updates, but there are so many patches and elements (compatibility, tapani patch, saturn patch, 3.9.68t version, etc) that I am having trouble piecing the puzzle together. Let's say I (once again) go for a fresh install, could somebody help me list up what patches I need to use and in what order please? I know this is a pretty tall order...
    If you want to start the game in 2016 and with 16/17 players then

Install game
    Install 3.9.68 patch
    Install Oct 16 data update
    Install Saturn patch

Saturn 'renaming' patch is if you want up to date league/cup/awards names which can be applied as well

The order is all spelled out in the opening list in Saturn patch

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maladoni View Post
    Hi just new to windows 10 so this has been a mare. I was advised to mount the image with Virtual CloneDrive but I just get a can't open VDC error. Are there any known issues with this app, should I try another?

Thanks in advance lads.
    I use Deamon tools, never had an issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    If you want to start the game in 2016 and with 16/17 players then

Install game
    Install 3.9.68 patch
    Install Oct 16 data update
    Install Saturn patch

Saturn 'renaming' patch is if you want up to date league/cup/awards names which can be applied as well

The order is all spelled out in the opening list in Saturn patch
    I think the saturn's 2.21.1+ v2 patch has all of that included, no need to add anything else

vCash
    If you validate it clears all the players history's I believe
    interesting. think i've validated it and found that some are lost and some remain. thanks.

vCash
    I use Deamon tools, never had an issue
    Thanks Fods. Tried it but still doesn't work. Creates the virtual drive but when you launch the app it just gives an error message.

Edit - Ordered an external drive for 8.50.
    Last edited by Maladoni; 26-12-16 at 06:09 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Maladoni For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi all,

I've been playing the October 2016 data for quite some time now. Lots of fun, lots of virtual success and I'm actually quite happy with it.

But suddenly, everytime i try to restore a previously saved game (the usual one) the whole game crashes. Haven't been able to play for a week. Doesn't gives me any error message of any kind, it just crashes telling me "cm0102.exe stopped working" with the lone button of "close program".

Anyone got the same problem at any point?

Thanks!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast