Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #2 - October 2016 Data Update

vCash
    Mark ... You are getting closer. Just need the defence and attack to both be good at the same time. I'm surprised that in 2037 it is still Real and Barca at the top of the pile, I'm around the same point and Barca have been relegated.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    It's actually been 7 years until this season since either of the two won a title. Barca had faltered in recent years but got their acts together this time. Hopefully it doesn't mean another spell of power for them and that I had missed the boat to take advantage during that 7 year spell!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    holiday doesnt work, same error.

Grrrrrrrrr

vCash
    Try the GK Editor trick mate, fingers crossed.

Or maybe resign from the international job if it's caused the error?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Worth trying Marks suggestion of the GK editor repair data (its a little cog wheel on the bottom left)
    I don't see it?

vCash
    Resigning also did not work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    I don't see it?
    It's actually a tick button icon. At the bottom left, besides the option for 'Fog of War'. Should be the button in the middle with the question mark symbol on its right.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    box is ticked upon opening.

vCash
    Have you clicked on it to run the repair?
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    yes. Did not help, alas.

vCash
    AJ upload save somewhere.. Also try restoring it to a previous version

vCash
    don't have any other save, damnit.

I'll try uploading.

vCash
    https://ufile.io/280a3

think this is it.

vCash
    I'll see what i can do

vCash
    thanks in advance!

vCash
    No luck at all AJ.

No idea what is causing it either..

Go into CM game folder, Right click game and go to properties, see if it allows you to restore to an earlier version

vCash
    no previous versions available. I'm screwed. Ah well. At least I'll be able to start the ABC game of the March Update asap.

thx again Tops.

vCash
    Y is done .

We had come up short last season, but with 25m to spend I was going to take no chances this time around. As it turned out, the key signing was one of the early ones that was set up before the end of last season. The 4m investment in striker Can Yusuf from Trabzonspor was paid back in spades. He was joined by 5 other new faces in the first team squad, including defender Diego Coronel from former side Estudiantes (LP). There were also 9 kids picked of the Malatya streets that helped satisfy those players who thought we were short of depth. The total bill came to 11.5m. This was surprisingly less than the income from the 8 departures, 7 of them underachieving foreigners.

There was also a change in the formation as my 4-4-2 was dropped in favour of a 4-4-1-1 that allowed my Russian AM RLC to come off the wing and play in the hole behind the striker. He is my most talented player, so I hoped that this would suit him better than on the wing.

As the season kicked off, we started with 5 straight wins, an achievement matched by Galatasary who visited for game 6. The only goal came in the 10th minute from Diego The Colonel Coronel. The big talking point though was around Can Yusuf who appeared to be sent off for being offside !

Normally that would have been the trigger for us to pull away and the rest could just disappear in our wake. I had though made a bad miscalculation. Playing just 1 upfront, I thought that 3 strikers would be enough. Yusuf got a 3 game ban which coincided with Ronaldo Luiz da Silva picking up a 2 month injury. I was down to just 1 striker and had league and Champion's League to survive. It was too much to ask and at the turn of the year we were just 4 points clear

After the break the league season restarted and Galatasaray lost their first 2 games. It left us 10 clear of the pack as we went to Gala for the second league game.

Their manager described it as a bad day at the office. For us we were able to cruise to the title with 6 games to spare.

In the Champions League, I was not confident when we were paired with former charges Hoffenheim in the 3rd qualifying round. A 3-0 away win set up our progression. Porto and Odense were swept aside in the first group and we progressed to Phase 2 with Man Utd. In there, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Bielefeld looked like a tough group. It wasn't decided until the final game, but we just sneaked in with Real, who's 89th minute equaliser at The Bridge put us through. Levante are the quarter final opponents and we trail 1-0 from the away leg where we were kicked of the park and had to play 20 mins with 10 men after all subs had been used. They scored 8 mins from time !

Internationals and Czech Republic made it to the semi finals of Euros. We got through the group along side Switzerland at the expense of Germany and Belgium. Israel was an easy quarter final, but Italy a different ball game. Twice we equalised and at 2-2 it went to extra time and penalties. Krejci missed our 3rd. Italy scored 5 out of 5. They were however knackered and lost heavily to Switzerland in the final.

I thought that would be the end of my International career as I resigned, having no real affinity with the Czechs. Then, just after Christmas, this happened ..

World Cup qualification is the aim and we look well set for a playoff.

One way or the other, this will be my last International job !

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    no previous versions available. I'm screwed. Ah well. At least I'll be able to start the ABC game of the March Update asap.

thx again Tops.
    Gutted for you having gone so far. As you say ... March will be up there soon.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Cardiff were sitting in 3rd place in the premiership after about 10 games and I was having a bit of trouble with the squad depth. We were on the harsh end of decisions in almost every game, giving away penalties, receiving red cards and having goals disallowed. Was this just the referees looking after the big clubs, that we were looking to challenge? (arsenal were 9 points clear of us and Charlton just behind them. Charlton have been a top two team for the past 5 years!) The problem was no one wanted my surplus players and I had no room to bring in new talent.
    I managed to avoid the temptation to join Chelsea. They offered me 50 million, Cardiff had 30 million (thanks mostly to me). Chelsea only had about 10,000 more seats in their stadium and they were hovering above the relegation zone. I decided we could achieve greatness at Cardiff and devoted all my attention to winning the league... a couple of days later I was unveiled as the new Manchester United manager.

United offered me over 100 million for transfers and their stadium and training facilities were unbelievable. This was too good an opportunity. If I was ever going to over take Arsenal and Charlton, now was the time! I accidently rejected the offer, quickly applied again and accepted at the 2nd time of asking.

Maybe I should have been more cautious before accepting. I didn't realise how poor United had become. Their highest finish was 4th 10 years ago and they were currently in 17th place. The first team must have had an average age of about 21, lots of potential and no experience. I put in offers for any player who might improve the squad but not a lot of players were interested! I did manage to get a couple of half decent centre backs and strikers to help us stay clear of relegation.

We played out a pretty uneventful season, finishing mid table with an aim to re vamp the squad when the transfer window opened. One highlight was beating Liverpool 5-0 and they never seemed able to recover, eventually being relegated on the final day. I raided Cardiff, bringing in a young striker with great stats and I was surprised to have my 2 million offer for inspirational leader and midfield dynamo Clifford accepted, just what I needed! I brought in a decent right back, someone I had brought through the ranks at Dundee, for 700k. I then started looking abroad, players came in (mostly from Spain or France and one Hungarian. I paid about 3 times his estimated value but he was a necessity) and we had a new look team, which spoke about 5 different languages... they'd soon get the hang of it!

The season started with a 2-1 loss to Charlton, I didn't expect anything else!... The season started for me, the week after. we won some, lost a couple and drew far too many. It was obvious we were shipping too many goals but we were always around 4th or 5th and no body was really pulling away at the top. Watford, Crystal Palace and Arsenal were all staying with Charlton and we were tagging along too! I sent the scouts out and they came back with an interesting 22 year old French keeper. I brought him in January along with a French striker and a Ukrainian striker, about 3 million for the lot. I also took a shine to a young English DMC less than 100k, what's to lose? My right back, although doing nothing wrong, wasn't setting the premiership alight and was constantly getting harassed by the media. So I brought a young English right back that Middlesbrough had out priced me on (9million less than a year ago) for 1.5 million. and lastly my biggest transfer ever by miles was 8 million spent on a 22 year old Belgium international left sided centre back.

One of the centre back who I had brought in last year was recalled to the first team. I would have been pretty happy to finish in a European place and bring in some even better players next year. But my new look defence were getting 8's all round and my keeper was unbeatable (except with penalties). We were on a run and I was daring to believe. I handed my cheap English DMC a debut he responded with 11 tackles made, he was Like a little terrier!

And so we got to the final day, equal on points with Arsenal but ahead of them on goal difference and 2 points behind Charlton. All we had to do was beat Spurs and hope Charlton would slip up against a very good Preston side. Arsenal would probably finish 4th, so I wasn't worried about them.

Spoiler!

but how did Charlton get on!?
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by sunmancisco; 12-03-17 at 09:16 AM.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunmancisco For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Fantastic final day and proves you right to dump Cardiff. Sounds like you had a lot of fun in the transfer market

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Fantastic final day and proves you right to dump Cardiff. Sounds like you had a lot of fun in the transfer market
    Cardiff did offer me a job half way through the season. If they had offered more than 5 million I would have been tempted!

vCash
    I'm sure the United fans will be understanding and forgive me

27. The Following User Says Thank You to sunmancisco For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    It is a dangerous game you play with that move. I suspect that both sets of fans will be unhappy.

vCash
    Hey everyone, long time no see.
    So I'm finally on vacations and got myself a week to crunch some reports before going on a trip to Italy.

So we got to Carpi at the 20th fixture and we were dead last with only 16 points. Although just 4 points away from the maintenance line.
    Our finances weren't great with 1M on the red but the club's infrastructure seemed to warrant a turn around in that regard.

The roster was pretty average but had a couple of really high end players.

We struggled to win regularly but in the end we did manage to finish the season on a 10th place and again survey the market.

Breakthrough?

This offer looked promising, still a 'C' and obviously it was the top dog of the Scottish league, coming from a disappointing runner-up year.
    It didn't require much thinking, their team and resources were amazing, giving me a chance to win both a title and European rep.

We had a good start to the CL early fixtures with a 5-0 and 6-1 aggregate wins vs both Shakhtar and Stromgodset to qualify for the group stages.

Apparently Celtic also won the UEFA Europa League in the previous year which put us in contention for the Supercup.

Shout out to the previous coach. Without you it wouldn't be possible

We qualified from our group with Genoa, PSG and Basel.

And got to the FIFA Club World Cup.

Again against Real Madrid, starting to love them.

This season was doing wonders to my rep, which skyrocketed from the late 190s to 47th!

Started bringing the stuff of legends!
    In an attempt to go deep in the CL.

But unfortunately it wasn't as I hoped and a spree of injuries really strained our squad depth

We were cast out of the CL by finishing 3rd in the 2nd stage group.

Still managed to win the Premiership with 8 rounds to go! C done!!

We were also runner ups in the Scottish Cup but managed to grab the League Cup.
    Overall this was a majorly positive year which skyrocketed my appeal to other clubs.

Next stop, the underachieving Bordeaux.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rapture For This Useful Post: