Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: The Alphabet Game - October 2016 Data Update

vCash
    Of course, anyone can join in
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Of course, anyone can join in
    Great news, thanks!

The reason I wanted to join this challenge was to play in leagues other than the top 4. I never did that before because of the temptation to manage the well known clubs and players was too much to resist. This challenge gave me a very good reason to do that. I know the top 4 leagues are not out of the scope here but I think I'll try to avoid them if I can. Looking forward to playing in countries like Brasil, Japan, Australia, Finland, etc.

I have a question/problem though. When starting a new game, it is recommended in the first post to not select Wales ("so that NPL does not appear in game" - please forgive my ignorance but what is that?). The question/problem is that I don't have a Wales option in the start. There are 25 different leagues but no Wales. I thought ok I don't have to face that Wales thing anyway so I started the game after selecting all leagues but only to find Wales present when I started looking in the job section!! How is that possible and how do I correct it?

I have the 3.9.68 version with Tapani 2.21.1+ v2 and the October Data update installed on Windows 7

vCash
    This is because with the Tapani patch the Welsh league is replaced by the English Northern Premier League (the tier below Conference).
    With Wales selected but not the english Conference you can end up at a bottom tier club with no chance of promotion if you don't pay attention. It's easily solved by not taking jobs in Conference North or by finding a new job if you end up there by mistake. Nothing more dangerous than that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

KL1

vCash
    Ah, I see. Thank you for the info.

So there's no problem then. I didn't select any of the lower leagues, as per the suggestion in the first post, so I can still play in Wales and win the league there.

Anyway, I applied for Galway United in the Irish Premier League and also in International Turku in the Finnish Premier Division (they would be the "I" because in the table they are displayed as Inter Turku). Let's see who is the 'lucky' club that accepts a virtual unknown as their manager

By the way, although the game starts in July 2015, the Finnish league is already mid season or so (Day 13 of 33). Inter Turku are 9th at the moment (from 12 teams), but mathematically they can still win the league. If I get hired and say I win the league with them, does this count towards the challenge (meaning the "I" is done) or do I have to manage the team for a full season?

vCash
    You won't be able to play in Wales at all as the Welsh league isn't in the game. The cup competitions are still in the game and it's shown in the job info thing since only the league is replaced with another. Whether you select the lower leagues in England or not doesn't make a difference for that, I'm afraid.

Winning with Inter Turku should count, as long as you win the top league in a country it doesn't matter how long you stay at the club.
    Good luck with the game!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728