Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 2.21.1+ v2

vCash
    Hi, I've been using this patch with x4 game speed (exe. no.7 from post 2) however the game has crashed a few times on 2nd October 2017 (cm0102.exe not working). This doesn't happen every single time, but its crashed on about 50% of the games I've tried. Think I've followed all instructions correctly, and have correct compatibility and run as admin etc. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated

vCash
    Hey guys

My game keeps crashing when i try and load a new one.

1. I copied the data files into the data folder replacing the old with the new.
    2. I pasted the exe. over the old exe
    3. I uninstalled the tapani patch and reinstalled with right exe settings.

Yet i still can't get a game to load.

Anything I'm doing wrong?.

Edit: Figured it out !
    Last edited by Shambalane; 26-10-16 at 06:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    The club comp histories are duplicated for the EPL back to 1982
    Not 100% sure what caused it, perhaps the official editor, but I should be able to sort it soon thanks to the files you PM'd me. It's purely a cosmetic error and shouldn't cause any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Can I use the EEC Hack alongside this? or is it a case of 1 or the other?
    I've never used it, but if it edits the nation.dat then I'd suggest applying it after doing everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswh1 View Post
    Hi, I've been using this patch with x4 game speed (exe. no.7 from post 2) however the game has crashed a few times on 2nd October 2017 (cm0102.exe not working). This doesn't happen every single time, but its crashed on about 50% of the games I've tried. Think I've followed all instructions correctly, and have correct compatibility and run as admin etc. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated
    What leagues are you running? Do you've any save games from just before a crash which you could upload?

vCash
    can I check if you apply this patch, can you still make your own amendments to the database using editor without it causing problems?
    I tried to delete the duplicate prem histories but they all came back.
    i've removed some managers from clubs and made some future transfers transfers now and it seems to be fine, but not sure if an error might happen later in the game now?

vCash
    Like you I can't fully delete the duplicate histories either (sometimes they quadruple!), so I think the official editor has issues with competition histories. For the competition history years I had used Archie's Updater to move them all forward 15 years and then tidied up a few things in the official editor. I'm not sure which caused the duplicates but from now on I'll be using the History Project for competition histories.

I think changing anything other than competition histories should be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post

What leagues are you running? Do you've any save games from just before a crash which you could upload?
    It was England (with national league), Germany, Spain, Italy.

I checked the technical support FAQ and realized I hadn't enabled the correct compatibility on the CM01/02_GDI exe so that might be the issue.

I'll try with that and see if problem resolves

vCash
    i have the same problem (running exe no.5 from post 2) i am running spain as selected and few other as background every time its updating new season the game crashes on the date 21.6.18 .. this is my second season playing i had the same problem at the end of my first season but i tried to reload about 40 times and somehow it worked and i was able to pass and continue playing another season but now it doesnt work and i cant pass this date..

edit: link to saved game 2 days before the crash A Madrid.sav
    Last edited by zarni123; 27-10-16 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    Hey man, i created saved game in octuber data update 2016 tapani 2.21.1 patch, if i install yours patch, i need creat new save game?

vCash
    Just want to say a massive thank you for all the hard work on this patch...

vCash
    Like you I can't fully delete the duplicate histories either (sometimes they quadruple!), so I think the official editor has issues with competition histories. For the competition history years I had used Archie's Updater to move them all forward 15 years and then tidied up a few things in the official editor. I'm not sure which caused the duplicates but from now on I'll be using the History Project for competition histories.

Dont use Archie editor for histories,it always messes up,same as history project tool...i have this issue from the start...more,when i delete clubs from db via official exitor,when i change something with Archies tool, deleted clubs are somehow again in db...

Sent from my Coolpad E501_EU using Tapatalk

vCash
    Actually I've no idea if this is true, so anyone wishing to change extra things in editors should double-check all their changes in-game to see that they've worked.

It was England (with national league), Germany, Spain, Italy.

I checked the technical support FAQ and realized I hadn't enabled the correct compatibility on the CM01/02_GDI exe so that might be the issue.

I'll try with that and see if problem resolves
    What OS (Windows 7, 10 etc) are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by zarni123 View Post
    i have the same problem (running exe no.5 from post 2) i am running spain as selected and few other as background every time its updating new season the game crashes on the date 21.6.18 .. this is my second season playing i had the same problem at the end of my first season but i tried to reload about 40 times and somehow it worked and i was able to pass and continue playing another season but now it doesnt work and i cant pass this date..

edit: link to saved game 2 days before the crash A Madrid.sav
    Thanks for the save game. Unfortunately (?) I didn't get the same crash that you get. I loaded it five times and got to July every time. What OS are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJuice View Post
    Hey man, i created saved game in octuber data update 2016 tapani 2.21.1 patch, if i install yours patch, i need creat new save game?
    Yes, you need to create a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by djole2mcloud View Post
    Dont use Archie editor for histories,it always messes up,same as history project tool...i have this issue from the start...more,when i delete clubs from db via official exitor,when i change something with Archies tool, deleted clubs are somehow again in db...
    Are there any programs that edit the history correctly? Wondering whether the Tapani patch changes something which those two programs don't expect to be changed. Do they even work correctly for projects that you've done which don't use the Tapani patch somewhere?

vCash
    Which compability mode I should use?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strange View Post
    Which compability mode I should use?
    I use Windows XP Service Pack 3.

vCash
    Thanks! Good job!

vCash
    U r right Saturn,changes and patching is way more stable if you are using it before tapanified db,tapani patch must do something ...there was a post about it few yrs ago written by zozoa i think..speacially histories...the way i do is,when i finish patching i load all comp histories via history project tool,a nd even then i have manually to correct some...Derm gave me complete list of comp histories few yrs ago,and i just add new one every year...now with your renamings this list have to be updated😎

vCash

Thanks for the save game. Unfortunately (?) I didn't get the same crash that you get. I loaded it five times and got to July every time. What OS are you using?

strange that you dont have the prob hmm i am using windows 8.. managed to play another season (40+ reloads needed again) but again now when the new season starts same prob showing again.. the crash happens every new season between the dates 18-22.6.. saw that u said u use windows xp sp3 compability tried to change to it too but the problem still didnt solved..

vCash
    hey bro, you can make a video about the installation? as you teach it seems a bit confusing to me.

vCash
    What so confusing about this?

1. Make sure you're using the October 2016 data.
    2. Download the essential files and extract them. Paste them into your Data folder, overwriting the files already there.
    3. Select, or if necessary request, an exe in post #2. Download the exe, extract it and paste it into your Championship Manager folder, overwriting the file already there.

vCash
    not apply tapani patch 2.21.1 ?

vCash
    Does it say that's what you need to do?

vCash
    My game is also crashing when updating to the new season. Giving CM0102.exe not working.

Using windows 10 and selected every league as foreground.

vCash

What OS (Windows 7, 10 etc) are you using?
    Windows 10 - I've now changed compatibility to Windows XP service pack 3 (had set it to Windows 98 previously) and it seems to be working fine, I haven't had any recurrences of the crash since

Cheers

vCash
    First, this is fantastic thank you very much for this.

Could you please upload:

Game speed: Default
    Idle sensitivity: desktop
    Window: 800x600
    Disable unprotected contracts: Ticked
    Coloured attributes: Unticked
    Hide non-public bids: Unticked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djole2mcloud View Post
    U r right Saturn,changes and patching is way more stable if you are using it before tapanified db,tapani patch must do something ...there was a post about it few yrs ago written by zozoa i think..speacially histories...the way i do is,when i finish patching i load all comp histories via history project tool,a nd even then i have manually to correct some...Derm gave me complete list of comp histories few yrs ago,and i just add new one every year...now with your renamings this list have to be updated😎
    For future versions I think I'll edit all the histories before Tapanifying the exe. For this version I'm just going to leave things as they are (as it's only a cosmetic issue anyway) and add it to the Known Issues.

Quote Originally Posted by zarni123 View Post
    strange that you dont have the prob hmm i am using windows 8.. managed to play another season (40+ reloads needed again) but again now when the new season starts same prob showing again.. the crash happens every new season between the dates 18-22.6.. saw that u said u use windows xp sp3 compability tried to change to it too but the problem still didnt solved..
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi-Assauer View Post
    My game is also crashing when updating to the new season. Giving CM0102.exe not working.

Using windows 10 and selected every league as foreground.
    I think it might be an issue with Tapani 2.21.1 itself and its compatibility with varying OSs (did either of you have issues with the ordinary Tapani 2.21.1 or the previous version of this, 2.21.1+ v1?). Unfortunately I have no solution. Others have overcome crashes by doing this or this, so maybe you could try them. For the first link use the exe from Rename v1.41 (as you can't really uninstall +v2) and try to get through the update with that, then revert to whatever exe you downloaded from here again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJuice View Post
    hey bro, you can make a video about the installation? as you teach it seems a bit confusing to me.
    No, I won't be making a video. I think the instructions are pretty straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Asemprion View Post
    First, this is fantastic thank you very much for this.

Could you please upload:

Game speed: Default
    Idle sensitivity: desktop
    Window: 800x600
    Disable unprotected contracts: Ticked
    Coloured attributes: Unticked
    Hide non-public bids: Unticked
    Added: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bh2o3npbf7js2uz/13.zip

vCash
    I just dont understand one thing...i'v downloaded your exe,before that i copied needed files...starting it the game wales is there,conference north not...if it is tapanified welsh league should not be present...further,i'v started tspani patch and it shows me the exe is patchable,so for the curiosity i'v applied patch...and there you go,no wales,conference north is there...all renamings are there,not single error...runing almost 90℅ of leagues,smoothly not single error on win 10...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast