Thread: Battlefield 1

vCash

Battlefield 1

Anyone playing this on PC?

It looks, plays awesome.

vCash
    Not bought yet, not planning to at the moment too. Was wise to do with Hardline. Will wait and see how it gets on as would be throw away money if no-one plays it after 6 months .

vCash
    Not had any real issues with it. The odd bug, go to spawn in a tank, spawn outside it and get the rubbish tankers gun and no tank, that sort of thing, but apart from that it really is good.

The sound, especially in 5:1, is brilliant, most of the maps are good, the vehicles are all fun and add to the game.
    Best played in a squad, luckily I'm in a gaming clan, and have been since before battlefield 1942, so we all know each others strengths and weaknesses.

Big thing for me is that it's fun. Lots of fun.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Hardline this is definitely not, please no one compare the two again

As Trunky says and with all Battlefield you don't experience the game properly without a squad. The only complaint I have (console version) is that we seem to have got a lot of COD players on board now, they aren't squad players and don't give orders, follow orders, help each other or even talk on mic.

When playing with mates that know the craic this isn't an issue but when i jump on solo i usually end up shouting down the mic furious at the sarge for robbing me of points

Maybe these noobs will catch on after a while that Battlefield isn't best played as John Rambo but as Seal Team 6, hopefully soon!

vCash
    Playing it on Playstation and it is really amazing. Been a while since I've had this much fun playing a FPS.

vCash
    Playing first person shooter on console is like driving car without arms .

Yes, squad is needed. Good squad can make a difference, but it's not Counter Strike. I can go Rambo and get 4 or 5 kills to death ratio. On foot on BF4 (the problem with K/D dropping might be due to vehicles being ridiculously OP and here is where SQUAD is Godsend).

BF1 played Alpha, got into Beta and I did not dig it in. It's pretty much the worst Battlefield in terms of feeling like Battlefield game. Those who play Battlefield for long should know what I mean here. It feels more like CoD in BF skin. No wonder you will see jump on franchise even more now.

What I liked are map designs, sound, visuals though. Much better/crisp than on BF3 and 4 (here vanilla maps were NOT done by FPS players, but artists - until DLC came and fixed few issues).

Still enjoying BF4 and will probably play it for a while longer. Until BF1 price drops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    Playing first person shooter on console is like driving car without arms .

Yes, squad is needed. Good squad can make a difference, but it's not Counter Strike. I can go Rambo and get 4 or 5 kills to death ratio. On foot on BF4 (the problem with K/D dropping might be due to vehicles being ridiculously OP and here is where SQUAD is Godsend).

BF1 played Alpha, got into Beta and I did not dig it in. It's pretty much the worst Battlefield in terms of feeling like Battlefield game. Those who play Battlefield for long should know what I mean here. It feels more like CoD in BF skin. No wonder you will see jump on franchise even more now.

What I liked are map designs, sound, visuals though. Much better/crisp than on BF3 and 4 (here vanilla maps were NOT done by FPS players, but artists - until DLC came and fixed few issues).

Still enjoying BF4 and will probably play it for a while longer. Until BF1 price drops.
    I know what you mean about feeling like CoD but I would say it is a mixture of that game and 1942 with the map design of Bad Company 2. We are now waiting as a clan to see if they are going to let us sort out matches etc as we all feel that this game is perfect for a 12 v 12 piss about!

It takes me back to Battlefield 1942. The actual feel of the game, the fun, the chatter on discord, we are all having a right laugh, and this is loads of 40+ and upwards blokes who have spent the last 2 years hammering GTA: Online. There was 11 of us on the same server the other night, all shouting at each other, some in different squads and on different sides, all having fun.

Apart from the small bugs my only issue is not having the vehicles lying around to jump in. You spawn in the planes already flying, same goes for the tanks.

We once played a clan match against a top Swedish side called Digitas or something similar. They were top, by miles. We were mid table. Predictably they were hammering us so in the end we all got on the wings of the big bomber, flew over one CP, and jumped. One of their players said afterwards that he burst out laughing as 12 players crashed into the earth in front of him. We had decided not to use a parachute.

That game was fun.

This one is as well. Lots of fun.