Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 424849505152
Results 1,276 to 1,278 of 1278

Thread: The comeback of Samsami

vCash

Chelsea prove too strong for Rovers

On Sunday 3rd November we played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and we quickly found out that yes, they do have a world class team!

With Batshuayi, Messi and Eder as their strikers our makeshift midfield and defence stood no chance.

The Blues were much better than us - much more aggressive and they have that individual class. With just two minutes on the clock Field headed the ball out left to Ki Sung-Yong who hit it first time towards Batshuayi in the area; Batshuayi found himself in some space and he let the ball drop before firing in a half-volley to put Chelsea ahead.

And some twenty minutes later Lucas put a low cross into the near post where Messi showed superb control of the ball before he smashed it towards the top corner to double Chelsea's lead.

In the second half we brought on Aké for Flanagan, who had been shown a yellow card, and sure enough, Aké delivered again when he handed us an unexpected life-line after a superb pass by Fekir. So we quickly replaced our tired wingers and brought on Lens and Vera but it was Messi who decided the match with a lovely strike to make it perfectly clear that Chelsea would not be caught.

So we played as well as we possibly could but it just was not enough.
    Spoiler!

We'll play West Brom next, but first it's Leicester City in the EFL Cup 3rd Round.

Spoiler!

The good news is that Grimes and Martins Indi have both resumed full training. They are two of our most useful subs and we need them!

Akpoguma is still banned, of course, and Chirivella and Sisto are still injured but things are beginning to look a little better when it comes to injuries and bans, which is good considering the fact that we will be playing Schalke 04 in the Europa League 3rd Round!!

vCash
    That is one hell of a Chelsea forward line. You would have needed your best 11 playing at their best to match Chelsea, so let's get over that one quickly and onto the next game.

I enjoyed my Pelforth in France and I can't complain about German beer. I'll need to find one that is local to Gelsenkirchen for the second leg. Tough draw, but not unbeatable
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Chelsea are pretty good in my game - they have Messi and after Bale fell through to join my team (went over 50 players, deal cancelled, re-bid and then he chose Chelsea )

You pretty much matched them - bit that bit of quality showed for them

Wow - can't believe you lost that and still 1 point off top spot!

Another tough draw in Europa - you're going to go well to get to the latter stages of this trophy with the draws you are getting!

Good to hear a few bodies back to choose from!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 424849505152