Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tribute Challenge to Chapecoense

vCash
    Leading the way Trunks

Did you not play Bruno Rangel much or just did not perform well for you - I had him as 1 man up top which he thrived in

Kempes was indeed awesome for me as well in a FR position

Cracking effort

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Leading the way Trunks

Did you not play Bruno Rangel much or just did not perform well for you - I had him as 1 man up top which he thrived in

Kempes was indeed awesome for me as well in a FR position

Cracking effort
    Rangel played up front alongside Kempes for a lot of the season but I did swap him in and out a bit due to poor form and injuries on occasion.

Along with this dude.

vCash
    I do wibwob when allowed but use tactics I would actually employ as a manager, in the games I expected to win a 4-2-3-1 attacking formation, against better opposition a more defensive 4-1-4-1 formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Great effort mate!

What sort of tactic/formation did you go for?

I'm sure some people will do well with a wib wob tactic but as you say with the restrictions it's certainly a tough ask!

vCash
    Bruno Rangel is all time top scorer of Chape. Just for you guys to know.
    Also, can the challenge be played with South American patch? It puts first division with 20 clubs as in real life and a few other things.
    I put it here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fmwq5q
    Credits to Gio!

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruebous View Post
    Bruno Rangel is all time top scorer of Chape. Just for you guys to know.
    Also, can the challenge be played with South American patch? It puts first division with 20 clubs as in real life and a few other things.
    I put it here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fmwq5q
    Credits to Gio!
    I think it's a bit more fair when everyone plays the same version. I'm not gonna stop you, but consider what I said,ok?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Brazilian Santa Catarina Championship 50 pts

Brazilian National First Division 100 pts

Gol scored 199 pts

Total 349 pts

Lost Brazilian Cup Semifinals and Brazilian Champions Cup Final

Força Chape
    Last edited by giopos; 09-12-16 at 02:47 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to giopos For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Nicely done, what formation did you use? Do you have screenshots for player stats? Interesting to see who did what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Nicely done, what formation did you use? Do you have screenshots for player stats? Interesting to see who did what.
    I used my best tactic ever created and never released "4231 movement"...

Soon I will post screenshots...
    Last edited by giopos; 09-12-16 at 06:11 PM.

vCash
    assuming you wib wobbed to the max but great effort

Looks like a crazy 8-3 game in there as well!

vCash
    I'm going to have a break from the Alphabet Game to start this. In addition I will pledge £1 to the Chapecoense fund for each goal that we score. ( I hope there are not too many 8-3 games !)
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hope you do not play 442 defensive then

Great gesture

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AJ

VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I'm going to have a break from the Alphabet Game to start this. In addition I will pledge £1 to the Chapecoense fund for each goal that we score. ( I hope there are not too many 8-3 games !)
    use "4231 movement"??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Hell of an offer mate

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

vCash
    Solid start.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Barns For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Donations looking good for the Chapo funds - We're up to 108GP
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    great stuff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    plus £75 (and counting) from me .... I hate these 6-2 wins !

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Did you put mine in Mark? Forgot to let you know it was for that!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    All donations for this month have gone towards the pot mate, regardless.
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Do not shed tears when I have gone but smile instead because I have lived.
    Do not shut your eyes and pray to God that I'll come back but open your eyes and see all that I have left behind.
    I know your heart will be empty because you cannot see me but still I want you to be full of the love we shared.
    You can turn your back on tomorrow and live only for yesterday or you can be happy for tomorrow because of what happened between us yesterday.
    You can remember me and grieve that I have gone or you can cherish my memory and let it live on.
    You can cry and lose yourself, become distraught and turn your back on the world or you can do what I want - smile, wipe away the tears, learn to love again and go on.

It was a bruising season with games coming thick and fast. 66 matches in 42 weeks and a squad of just 21, 4 of them goalkeepers, to juggle with. Everyone of these heroes would play their part.

My very first game in charge was a preview of how this season would go. After 10 minutes we found ourselves 2-0 down to Criciúma. Within 5 minutes Filipe Machado and Hyoran had brought the scores level. Before half time, we were behind again, but did heads go down ? No. Kempes made it 3-3 on the stroke of half time. The second half was an onslaught on the Criciúma goal, but sadly there was no fairy tale ending and we settled for a 3-3 draw.

32 games later …. yes …. 32 games later and we were still unbeaten. The Campeonato Catarinense was locked up in the Chapecoense trophy room. The league stage was won at a canter, although I didn't know at the time how significant this would be.

Both semi final games against Avaí ended in 3-1 wins to set up a two leg final against Joinville. We were away in the first leg and fell behind when Rafael Donato got on the end of a corner right on the stroke of half-time. After the interval and Silvinho volleyed in an equaliser so that it was all to play for back in Chapecó. This was a typical end to end cup-tie with no quarter given and no surrender offered. Kempes opened the scoring, but with just minutes remaining, Italo Melo made it 1-1 on the night and 2-2 on aggregate.

Would there be extra time ? No
    Is it straight to penalties ? No
    A replay at a neutral ground ? No

Chapecoensa are awarded the Campeonato Catarinense on the basis of finishing higher in the league phase. Is that fair ? Do I care ? O Furacão do Oeste could wear their winners medals with pride.

But that doesn't account for all of the 32 games unbeaten. We have the Copa do Brasil which saw us in the draw for the semi final. Mixto were our first opponents and the 6-1 aggregate final score doesn't give the part timers credit for the fight that they put up. Aparecidense also battled hard only to go down 4-2 and set us up with a tough looking 3rd round with Bahia. They met us at our peak and it was another high scoring tie. 6-3 the aggregate in our favour. Atlético Mineiro had made it to the final of the Copa Libertadores, and as a result of their progress, our tie was postponed several times. As a result, Ceará were in the semi final, before we had played our round of 16 first leg. All we had to do was beat Atlético Mineiro and Goiás to join them.

We were given the perfect platform to do so. 3 minutes into the first leg of our round of 16 tie in Belo Horizonte, Junior Urso threw a punch at Martinuccio and had to walk the walk of shame. 4 minutes later and Kempes made the 10 men pay for Junior Urso's error and although we couldn't capitalise further, mainly due to a stellar performance by Victor in the Atlético goal, we had a lead to take back to Chapecó. Very few of the Chape die hards would have thought that possible.

I did say that the first game with Criciúma that it was a preview of the season and that there was no fairy tale ending. The return game was our 33rd of the season. After 32 unbeaten, Atlético Mineiro gave us a footballing master class. They are a very good side and the 3-0 final score is no disgrace. Better teams than Chapecoense have been beaten by them by larger margins, so we can hold our heads high and say we were in the draw for the semi final.

Did I hear the cogs churning inside your brain. 18 league games, 4 playoff games, 7 cup games …. That doesn't add upto 32 unbeaten.

You are of course correct. By winning the Campeonato Catarinense, we qualify for the Copa dos Campeões Preliminary Round. A 3 team mini league where the top 2 progress and we faced Vitória and Paysandu in 1 leg ties. First up was on paper the toughest. Vitória (a Série A outfit) at home. After going behind early, Bruno Rangel decided it was time to nail his first hat-trick and the 3-1 win was a significant step to further progress. We had qualified before the kick off against Paysandu. Their 1-1 draw with Vitória guaranteed us to be in the top 2. Just to be sure, we beat them 3-1 and progress with Paysandu to the first round proper.

please don't ask me why Paysandu rather than Vitória, maybe alphabetical order, but quite frankly, I'm the manager of Chapecoense and don't honestly give a damn. More pressing was another mini league of 3 games against Cruzeiro, Ponte Preta and Flamengo. The top 2 make the semi final of the Copa dos Campeões … Cup of Champions.

The cogs are churning again …. that accounts for 31 games and again, of course you are correct. It maybe a plot spoiler, but the match against Ponte Preta in Campinas was our 32nd. Bruno Rangel bagged another brace in a 2-0 win that brings our story right up to date.

Just a few days after the defeat to Atlético Mineiro, we played hosts to another giant, Cruzeiro. Again we gave it everything and there is no shame in the 1-0 loss. Indeed many would have said we were unlucky and deserved more and the stats show that we had 7 shots on goal, the same as Cruziero, and 6 of them on target, 2 more than Cruzeiro. It wasn't the end of our campaign as we still had a showdown with Flamengo where we had home advantage. It was winner takes all and what a game it was.

7 min Wesley hammers in our opener 1-0
    16 min Silviho beats his man to make it 2-0. His 10th of the season
    27 min Cléber Santana pounces on a loose ball for 3-0
    45 min Josimar finds himself one on one with the keeper. 4-0 at half time
    47 min Marcelo Boeck pulls down Everton. Red card and penalty. Donatti converts 4-1
    54 min Emerson Sheik beats Demircan and fires in for 4-2
    77 min Diego latches onto a low cross 4-3
    90 min Emerson Sheik looses his marker and beats Nivaldo with a low shot …. that comes off the post and is put behind by Demircan

We are in the semi final of the Copa dos Campeões

Santa Cruz had won the other group, so as runners up to Cruziero, we would play them in the semi final. As a tie it was pretty much over by half time in the first leg. Bruno Rangel, Josimar and Cléber Santana had put us 3-0 up. Santa Cruz did pull 1 back in the second half, but we still had a healthy lead to take to their ground in Recife. There was no mistake. We soaked up early pressure. Scored a goal on the break from Silvinho, then defended like tigers to see out the game.

I fully expected the final to be a rematch with Cruziero. They had a lead over Série B side Paraná to take for the home leg. Inexplicably they lost 4-2 and the
    Copa dos Campeões final would be the highly unexpected encounter between Paraná and Chapecoensa.

The first leg in Paraná was a tense affair with few few chances for either side. Josimar for us and Paulo Rene for them scored within 5 minutes of each other. This would go down to a single match to decide who would take the title. A proper cup final. A very disappointing 3993 fans turned out for Chapocoense's biggest day. Those who stayed away missed a cracker. Most of the first half was tense, like the first leg, but 3 minutes before the interval Kempes ran onto a through ball from Cléber Santana to score the opener. From the restart Josimar headed in Silvinho's cross for a 2-0 half-time lead. Into the second half and the Paraná fightback started with Mateus Aguiar knocking in a rebound. Back down the other end and Josimar got his second and our 3rd. Almost immediately Hyoran made it 4-1, surely no way back for Paraná now ! Mateus Agiar hadn't given in as he got his second for 4-2, but that was the end. The defense was tightened up and we saw out the remaining minutes. The Copa dos Campeões was coming to Chapecoense

But what is this ?

Some devious, unscrupulous bastard is robbing poor Chapecoense of points that are rightfully theirs. What nefarious devil could concoct such a plot ?

50 points for winning the Campeonato Caterinense
    50 points for winning the Brazilian Cup
    100 points for winning the National First Division
    There is even 1 point just for scoring a goal !

But for winning the Copa dos Campeões, the cup of Champions, we get zip … diddly-squat …. the square root of **** all.

I urge all readers to contact this monster of a human being, a “gentleman” by the name of AJ, and advocate that he resolves the travesty that he has created. If not, The Court for Arbitration in Sport, will be contacted, or possibly the UN war crimes investigators. Chape deserve to be fully recognised for their achievements.

Força Chape

It had been a phenomenal effort by the squad. 36 matches played and only then does the Série A league season start (the 2 legs of the final were after the start of the league season). We were never the youngest or fittest of squads and this was now taking it's toll as the level of competition goes up a notch. We started strongly, reaching a peak of 3rd in the league, then suffered a slump as the onslaught of games resulted in a spate of injuries and suspensions. We caught a second wind and surged up the league again, then faltered to finish in mid table.

There were some highlights, the 5-1 thumping of Santos and a 2-1 victory over São Paulo come to mind. Despite all the odds, Chapecoense can hold their heads high and can take pride from their Série A campaign. Beaten occasionally. Outclassed never. 10 points behind champions Flamengo, miraculous !

I don't know if the gods of CM had anything to do with this, however you may remember that the very first match was a pulsating 3-3 draw with Criciúma. It is therefore fitting that the final match should take us a full circle and we would face the same opponents for our very final league game. A fitting end to my seson in charge. Going into the game, we needed to score twice to notch up 140 goals for the season. The players knew this and went out with all guns blazing. Bruno Rangel got 2 (numbers 27 and 28 of his personal tally) while Silvinho also scored twice to end the year in style.

It has been an honour to manage this team of heros. I am not going to single out any individuals, every member of the squad played their part in teaching me a lesson

I used to believe that player over 33 were pretty much useless. How wrong I was.
    I used to believe that players with low stamina were useless. How wrong I was.
    I used to believe that playing out of position is useless. How wrong I was.

I have learned that a 36 year old AM RLC with stamina of 6 can have a great game at left back ! They may not have high levels of skill. They may not be the most physical and they may not have youth on their side, but this team just doesn't know when they are beaten.

Força Chape. Força Futebol.

Marcos Danilo Padilha
    Loureiro Cleber Santana (Cleber Santana)
    Bruno Rangel
    Eloi Castro Monteiro Ananias (Ananias)
    Everton Kempes Goncalves dos Santos (Kempes)
    Lucas Gomes da Silva (Lucas Gomes)
    Ailton Cesar Junior Alves da Silva (Ailton Canela)
    Tiago da Rocha Vieira (Tiaguinho)
    Filipe Machado
    Marcelo Augusto Mathias da Silva (Marcelo)
    Willian Thiego Jesus (Willian Thiego)
    Guillermo Gimenez de Souza (Gimenez)
    Arthur Maia
    Matt Lucena dos Santos (Matthew Caramel)
    Dener Assunção Braz (Dener)
    Josimar Rosado da Silva Tavares (Josimar)
    Matheus Bittencourt da Silva (Matheus Biteco)
    osé Gildeixon Clemente de Paiva (Gil)
    Sérgio Manoel Barbosa Santos (Sérgio Manoel)

Rest In Peace

"They were the hope of our city. They played for love of the shirt and not for money. They played with the commitment that only those who have lived here know." (Jean Panegalli, student in Chapecó)
    Last edited by Kingsley; 15-12-16 at 04:20 PM.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Screenshots of the achievements will be submitted later. The above update is my tribute to Chape, and yes I did shed a tear in writing that up.

VIP
    vCash
    Damn. What a story. Fucking Legend!!

Apparently I'll be awaiting appeals😁

vCash
    Wow - great write up and a cracking effort mate

How close was that league - from 1st to 12th just 10 points!

I can see you got immersed in it from the emotion of the write up - sterling stuff

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice work, Eej

Some donation as well

I think you have a point in wanting points for winning that competition. Come on AJ, sort it out
    The Alphabet Game

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast