Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kidderminster look to non league gem

vCash

Kidderminster look to non league gem

Kidderminster Harriers today announced they are set to appoint Shaun Rogers as the clubs first team manager on a 2 year contract.

Kidderminster who are currently searching for new investors, have taken the decision to look towards Mr Rogers as they hope his experience of catching a bargain player on a free transfer will allow them to build a squad for the up and coming 2016/17 season.

Chairman Colin Gordon told us in a statement

"We decided that we needed new direction out on the pitch and a fresh approach, Shaun has experience of the non league scene and knows many a contact at this level so we hope he will utilise them well"

Shaun will now be looking to build on his backroom staff, but life long associate Darren Knowles will not be joining Shaun on this venture as he has decided to hang up his coaching boots and concentrate on a family life back up the north east.

Full interview with the new Kidderminster manager will follow in the coming days.

vCash
    Good luck with the new game - will keep an eye on this

vCash
    Kidderminster Harriers Manager Shaun Rogers had begun in adding to his backroom staff ready for the 2016/17 campaign

Assistant Manager - Jody Morris

Jody arrives after working with Chelsea at the U18's and other youth levels.

"I'm pleased that Jody has joined up with me i feel he can bring some good insight into the game as his qualifications are top draw, i met Jody at a conference not too long ago and his knowledge of the game is superb and hopefully we can use some of his Chelsea contacts to get some players in"

-

First Team Coach - Chris Riggott

Ex Derby county player joins also with Shaun as a first team coach and will look to help develop his learning of the game with his first coaching role in the game.

"Chris had been out in America coaching but has decided to relocate back here with his family so we look forward to getting him straight out onto the trainign pitch and see what ideas he can offer to us"

Jamie Speare comes in as Goalkeeper Coach
    Last edited by wayupna; 05-12-16 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    First confirmed signing...

Stephen Arthurworrey joins on a FREE transfer, the ex Fulham cener half joins on a 2 year deal and will sure to add to the group.

vCash
    Wow - Morris is a big signing on the coaching staff - doing wonders at Chelsea IRL I believe

vCash
    Yeah he is , couldn't believe it when the opportunity come up and only on 200 a week as well.

To be fair his coaching stats are very below what i would expect them to be at.

vCash
    yeah - guess he was prob a free agent in game as wouldn't be at Chelsea first team XI coaches

vCash

Confirmed signing...

Adam Nditi , the ex Chelsea left back has joined on a 2 year deal on a FREE transfer after been released by Chelsea.

--

The manager also expressed his best wishes to the players he has had to allow depart the club to help with the clubs finances.

Craig Reid - Blackburn - 140k
    Zaine Francis-Angol - Millwall - 130k
    Keith Lowe - Yeovil - 55k

The club are still steeped with debt but with the players moving on the debt has been eased and money freed up for players wages.

vCash
    2016/17 Pre Season

Gresley (a) - W - 5 - 0
    Doncaster (h) - W 3 - 1
    Newcastle Town (a) - W - 5 - 0
    Threave Rovers (a) - W - 4 - 2
    Whitburn (a) - W - 8 - 1
    Ebbsfleet Utd - (h) - 4 - 1

Unbeaten pre season and used many trial players over the course of the 6 games , but sadly most do not wish to join the club.

Great to see some players coming in and showing the manager what they can offer to him for the season ahead. Hopefully will see some loan signings before the season starts.

vCash

Another confirmed signing..

Chris Sessegnon has joined on a FREE transfer, Chris a highly rated midfield player by Shaun will come in to add some steel and flare to the middle of the Kidderminster pitch.

vCash

Kidderminster's manager was delighted with the teams 5-0 opening win of the season but admits there is still work to do..

"It was a good game and the lads played well but there needs to be more from some in the group and hopefully this has showed them today that we have a good squad and that players need to perform week in week out, but that aside i will take the 3 points and move on to the next game"

vCash
    Good friendly wins and a fine win over Doncaster who seeme dlike the "biggest" team out of the friendlies

Cannotsee your last screen shot? (for your opening game)

Sounds like a thumping win though!

What tactic/formation you using? Wib-wobbing?

vCash

Transfer Deadline day was a busy day at Aggborough

Alex Bass has joined on loan as back up keeper from Portsmouth, Shaun was worried that with only Sam Hornby at the club he needed to make sure he had a backup and young Alex was willing to come and fight for a place and get some experience away from hsi parent club.

Omar Bogle also joins on loan to add depth to the squad numbers, Shaun said
    "I have worked with Omar before i know he can score goals and is versatile enough to play anywhere across my front line"

Lewis Allesandra also joins on loan till the end of the season, Lewis is a very versatile midfield player who likes to get stuck in and can play some lovely football.

The club had hoped to bring in more players after recovering out of debt with the sales of players but the board made a statement to the manager that there was no money available for transfers at this time, so Shaun had to use his contacts in the loan market.

vCash
    I'm currently using " 4-3-3Evolution " as my formation, in real life i play a 4-4-2 with my team on a Saturday but i like a 4-3-3 here and it suits the team.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wayupna For This Useful Post:

vCash
    recruits in - good luck for the season!

vCash
    Your boys certainly know where the net is, so it bodes well for the season ahead. Terrific pre-season result against Donny. Best of luck.

vCash
    Mid Season Review...

As the mid-season point hits us Kidderminster sit very happily at the top of the league by a good few points clear, however with any league a few bad games can put you out the picture very quickly.

The teams Stats...

Manager Shaun Rogers

Its been a great start to the season for us and we have done well and done what we had aimed to do, which was to secure our place in the league for next season anything else is a bonus.
    We have made it to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and a plum tie against Crystal Palace will be a great test of where we are at as a club and a team.

We are due to loose many players in January with Sam (Hornby) been sold by his parent club, Aman Verma is set to join AFC Wimbeldon for just over 100k and Jared (Hodgkiss) is also set to move on but we have secured Omar and Lewis on deals and we hope to get a few more done once the window opens again.

We have made the club financially stable and that was my aim when i arrived , the chairman has also made a small amount of funds available for me so hopefully we will spend well and add good depth to the squad ready for the second half of the season push.

vCash

Kidderminster look to non league gem

A fine season so far with promotion all but secure

Good to see ex Liverpool man Ngoo tearing it up - looks the standout player

Why are some of the first XI unhappy?

Is Palace home or away? If away a nice windfall

vCash
    They all want new contracts and i wont sort my contracts out till a few months before the end of the season unless they are asking for really reasonable wages !

Its at home sadly but i hope to win or at least go to Selhurst park !

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wayupna For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    Transfer Window Update...

Chey Dunkley has returned to Kidderminster for a deal around 14k, Chey was not playing regular at Oxford so a move back to Aggborough was too good to turn down.

Bradley Ash has joined till the end of the season from Barnsley..

Eoghan McCowl has come down from St. Johnstone to add some fight in the midfield area as well for Kidderminster,

Lars Bender has joined for 20k from Forune Koln in Germany, Lars is a very versatile player and can play anywhere across the middle.

Ex Crewe player Sean Cooke has also joined on loan with a view to permanent deal at the end of the season, Sean is another player that can play a multitude of roles within the team.

Max Hazeldine has joined on loan from Accrington Stanley for a month to add cover across the left hand side of midfield and attack, but can also do a job at LB if required with his pace and agility.

Jack Stone from non league side Romulus has also joined the club for a deal around 2k,

Christian Oxlade Chamberlin also joined on loan but got recalled a day later !

Shaun is also hopeful of bringing in a keeper as back up to Alex Bass who is now no1 after Sam Hornby left the club as his parent club sold him to Preston.
    Last edited by wayupna; 18-12-16 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    Unlucky v Palace but did yourself proud

I though you got THE Lars Bender then

vCash
    Transfer Deadline Day moves...

Jack Ruddy has joined from Wolves on Loan to battle with Alex Bass for the top spot.

Danny Wishart has joined on a permanent deal from FGR for around 25k and will provide back up for the attacking options.

Nathan Blissett has rejoined the club from Torquay, Nathan was unsettled on the south coast and has moved back for around 50k

vCash
    Absolutely storming the league. Promotion and the title are both surely a formality now. Good effort against Palace as well.

vCash
    With 9 games still to play Kidderminster have secured promotion to the National League Premier..

Everyone is delighted with the achievement of the club and they are also in the Semi Finals of the FA Trophy where they will play Southport..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast