Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Clan Network Game 2017

316'sRegen Unattached
    I have 2 other possible players, one definite from the DC game.

with the addition of "greenboots" (asa?)

champserver1 is now full, join champserver2 when you're ready.

You can play up to 16. It may take a session with no days passing til everyone gets their training and staff etc sorted, we can sort that out nearer the time, we need to pick a few leagues first.Yous can fill them in on etiquette, do your shit while they play their match etc

Looking good

vCash
    so thats gonna be 11 players all online at same time...all playing the same game...

and that will work???

316'sRegen Unattached

Took you out of the groups then London as you said you weren't interested in a big game on the chat

so:

OT
    Alcoolix
    trunky - Linux
    Janis
    asa
    Redknapp69 - ?
    Mark - ?
    +1/2
    Last edited by 316'sRegen; 18-12-16 at 08:22 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Depending on day/time Pepe am pretty sure will be a yes, although he cant really start sessions until 9pm.

316'sRegen Unattached
    OK so thinking 8-10PM, I think we've narrowed the day down to Tuesday as that's the only one everyone has agreed on

How many leagues?
    Restrictions - no wibwob is all i would suggest
    Do we all play in the same league?

Still haven't heard from Greenboots, it's probably asa but we need communication on here to make this work.
    I'll remove inactive players that are taking up spots if we don't hear from them so identify yourself

Anything else I've forgot?

vCash
    OK so thinking 8-10PM
    not sure about that..

How many leagues?
    England, France, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Germany ?

Restrictions - no wibwob is all i would suggest
    no wibwob ?
    2 wide Players somewhere ?
    only 2/3 Bosmans per year ?

Do we all play in the same league?
    Ill do what the majority wants

Anything else I've forgot?
    Rules ? Players too late and so on... ?
    Hide Bids or not ?

vCash
    Yes I'm Greenboots

316'sRegen Unattached

Tuesday evenings?

316'sRegen Unattached
    The game gets scheduled, if you're late you're holidayed so it's a good idea to set holiday settings as a precaution

(we will bid for your players )

Could restrict the bosmans that's a good idea and the at least 3 at the backline and some kind of wide men i knew i forgot stuff

vCash
    Tuesdays 8-10PM sounds good to me, means I should more often than not be available to participate

Count me in then, may not be able to start over Xmas but certainly once the festivities are out of the way.

Restricting transfers and playing 3 at the back sounds challenging, I love a good challenge so sounds good to me I would also advise (if using Tapani patch) to disable unprotected contracts and to allow public bids?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Tuesdays will be tough for me, but I know thats gonna be the case with any day for people, therefore, Im happy to purely observe if thats ok, ensuring rules are being met etc... if you upload a save etc.... Ideally for me, Sun/Mon or any other day after 10.30pm but I get thats abit late for some guys

Leagues, I feel the main few should be good, England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland,

Deffo no wibwobs, and ensure everyone loses the default GK WibWob (lets not get started on that)

I agree, maximum on bosmans/freebies, possibly 4. I'd also say to cap number of paid transfers too, possibly 6 in any 1 calendar year - this ensure people choose carefully who they buy and not buy for the sake of it

Anyone being given a youth player via Academy, this is a pure bonus and does not count as a freebie purchase

2 Wide players, either Full Backs, DM, Mid, or AM

IMO, I think hide bids, and ensure from the off about doing stuff primarily when others have a game etc...

316'sRegen Unattached
    OK Cheers gents

Mark: It's a minimum of 3 at the back. There were some dubious formations WelshRed played in the first ever game with 2 CBs only on the backline. The formation was successful but people were pissed So the min of 3 was introduced. You can go with 4 or even flat back 5 if you wish but the rule doesn't specify you use 3 CBs, it's a minimum requirement

Also, have you had a look at Hamachi yet?

OT: I wouldn't want to limit the transfers that you pay for but this does affect the topic of game flow. If you are signing a player every week I couldn't care really but as soon as it starts slowing the game down because players are scouting all the time and not hitting continue then it becomes an issue.

As for the bids, I usually just leave it and it's up to the player if they wanna show or hide their bids. Unprotected contracts aren't something I use and no-one seems to want them either so skip them.

Game Flow

Pre Season

We want the game to flow at a moderate pace. Everyone playing should understand that it will not be quick paced by any means but we will arrange a pre game session for players to restructure their squad (indispensable - not needed), sort out staff, put together a shortlist and enact their training regime. No days will pass in this session it will be purely for getting ahead of the game prior to kick off. While this does help cut a bit of time wastage out, the first session will typically be very slow and with little or no games being played. There's no way round this because it takes time for everyone to wait on transfer responses etc

Main Season
    Once the season kicks off it's expected that you generally "dig on"
    This means we shouldn't be waiting on anyone for more than a minute between matches. I'm not saying don't do any managing during the season, there will be time almost every week in game when someone else is playing their match and whoever isn't playing has to sit and wait for the match to finish. This is the time to do all your management, scouting, refreshing contracts, etc. Once we all get into that groove the game can actually start to progress at a faster speed.

BTW, 8-10 was a suggestion, I could do 9-11 or 10-12 but was just kind of trying to split the difference of what everyone said they could do.

OK well in the next week or so I'll set up a game and get players to join and choose a team. this can double as testing that everyone can join the game
    Watch out for PMs from next Monday

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one Chris -

vCash
    I'm not 100% on the whole wib/wob thing... the tactics packs that you can download on here are they wib/wob?

316'sRegen Unattached

yeah i reckon they probably do use it. Its the with ball/without ball part in the tactics screen.

You need to sort your own tactics out in game, or if you have a non wib/wob one that you've saved, send me it and I'll add it to the folder so it appears in game

you can chaeck if a formation is wibwobbed by looking at the circles on the pitch that represent the players in your tactic. When a player is wibwob'ed then the outline of this cirlce is bold, if not it's a normal line.

Can anyone advise about the GK wibwob issue or has the new patch removed that?
    Last edited by 316'sRegen; 27-12-16 at 06:03 PM.

vCash
    With re: GK WibWob, I dont think any patch can remove it, so I suggest, you have an agreement, that from when you start the game, anyone use the default 4 4 2 (or any of selected default tactics) always ensure, you right click the GK, this removes the WibWob from the Keeper.

316'sRegen Unattached
    There's only 3 people in the groups at the moment.
    I'll get Dave to join this week.

To confirm you're playing, can everyone jump into the groups, starting with champserver2.

Next Tuesday I'll come online and open the game for players to join. No days will pass in that session. As no other time was suggested i'll go with 8-10pm GMT. I'll keep the game open for the two hours but it'll probably take me 10 or 15 mins to sort things out, maybe half an hour at the most.

Anyway, I'll run the following leagues:

England
    Italy
    Spain
    Germany

I left France out because I think it's causing a problem in my other games, crashing mid season 2.

If you want you can pick your team in the thread here and provisionally reserve them, but you need to be on the hamachi group by next Tuesday (near a week away) for the team to be held for you. So when you pick your team just post what your name is on hamachi as well

Let's get this show on the road.

Can everyone make it next Tuesday?
    Last edited by 316'sRegen; 28-12-16 at 05:52 PM.

vCash
    ALCOOLIX

We did not decide if we all Play in the same league... I assume it would be the EPL ?

If the EPL it is, iŽll go with Manchester Utd
    Last edited by Alcoolix; 29-12-16 at 10:12 AM.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Do you all want to play the same league?

vCash
    I'm in champserver 1 is that ok?

Tues should be fine with me. I'll have Arsenal if possible then as I'm probably going to be the weakest player.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Yeah champ1 is cool

Everyone else start from champserver2 though, password "cm0102" I'm going to add Dave to champ1 and that will fill it.

(Dave wants Chelsea, he's called DG MCClellamd).

So we're going for the Premier league then it seems. Don't be so sure you're the weakest player asa (I'm playing)

I'll reserve Spurs, get the london rivalry going
    Last edited by 316'sRegen; 30-12-16 at 07:52 PM.

316'sRegen Unattached
    2 days to go, no new additions to the groups though last week.

Sure if there's 4 or 5 of us that'll do anyway.

All good to go for Tuesday?

vCash
    Tomorrow, 8pm GMT

vCash
    I can't make it tomorrow - Stoke at home against Watford.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    I'll be on at 9.45pmish to take control & sort formation. I will be very Wengeresque in the transfer market I wont need much time.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 9