Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

vCash
    So as said above I've completed my first season, and it ended with us winning the league on the last day by 3 pts from Club Brugge after a 3-2 home win over Oostende, with the winning goal coming in the 90th minute from Nana Opoku Ampomah for us, if Oostende got that 5th goal though we would have lost the title on goal difference! Unfortunately in the cup we were handed a tough first game, and we went down 2-0 at home to Gent, at least there was no points on offer this season.

Over the course of the season I signed 4 players, all on a free due to the club losing around 100k every month and no transfer funds available, but as I was testing I didn't really go for quality and the trio of Abdallah Juma, Jean-Marc Makusu 0(3) - 1 goal, and Abubakar Nur Abdikarim - 0(1) all barely figured and probably won't feature much in the coming seasons. Bosman signing Heritier Luvumbu an AM/FC from Vita Club in the Democratic Republic of Congo will be in the reckoning though after he joined the club in February, and he managed a goal and an assist from 8 apps as he adapted to his new surroundings and in an unfamiliar Centre Midfield role, although he will probably feature as an Attacking Midfielder or Striker, that will depend on how the recruitment in the summer goes and what tactic I decide to go with next year.

Last edited by AMC; 09-01-17 at 09:25 PM.

vCash
    Is every player you buy or play for you on loan a -5 score. Also in the first season?

Because, don't know what is the best way to be sure you have a correct team to start the second season.

vCash
    Yes all signings are minus 5 points no matter when you sign them.

vCash
    Probably gone about this the wrong way Ive tried to sell as many players as quick as possible and replace them with African freebies in the first season.

Made 3.2 million and 4th in the League in October

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    What do you do with the original players you cant sell after the first season? Are you meant to release them all on free?

vCash
    Yes if you can't sell them you must release them.

vCash
    Good going AMC

All my scouting done and wheeling and dealing is occuring!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Good stuff mate, I wonder how many of the same players we've got, I'm just at the half way stage now of the 2nd season.

vCash

Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

Question - do you get fooked over in Jan with AFCON?!
    Or do Belgium have mid season break? Cannot remember off top of my head without looking at fixtures

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I haven't reached a Cup of Nations yet, there is a break in Belgium which is middle of Dec till mid of Jan so before when a tournament is.

I checked last night but there isn't a tournament till the following season (midway through season 3) and the draw isn't till the October in season 3 either, although I have had 2 or 3 players miss individual games for the club as they've been called up to the National side.

If worse comes to worse I'll allow grey players to be used but I don't think the majority of your squad will be called up and you'll still be able to field a side.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    How VERY dare you - I am only picking the cream of the crop of African wonderkids!

vCash
    Give me some names

I was still in the testing stage so I've got a few 30+ players, in hindsight I probably should have got players in who could be with me for the full 5 seasons.

vCash
    3 games in - W1, D1, L1

And have just had a cheeky error.................. - Error v3.9.68 utils..cpp 652

Have clicked passed it so hopefully will be ok

vCash
    Strange not had any problems thus far with errors.

vCash
    Just to be sure, are you allowed to buy a player who previously played outside Africa, but now is under contract at a African club?

vCash
    Yes, as long as he is African and the club you buy him from is African that's fine.

vCash
    2nd season done, write up tomorrow

vCash
    Forgot to say as it's just happened to me but any youth that you get promoted must be released as well.
    Last edited by AMC; 11-01-17 at 09:05 AM.

vCash

Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

Made a schoolboy error and played all my Africans straight off
    Sliding down table (probably due to lack of quality) so now have a mix of Africans and previous players

Performing better - about halfway after 8-10 games and playing the current players is attracting interest which is good

Think I'm gonna get caned with minus points for massive number of signings!

Jan window opens soon and have some cracking recruits coming in. Really struggling to get hold of good midfielders though

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    There is definitely a difference in quality in what you can sign initially to what you can sign at the end of the season with more money and a raised club rep if you win something or do well.

I'm thinking a lot more long term with my signings now, my 3 goalkeepers are all 35 or over for example so none of them are gonna be with me come the last season I'd think.

vCash
    I'm in Feb 16, and still have to do a lot of work on my selection to be a serious contender for any price in the following seasons. Jan, wasn't a real good month because of several transfers that didn't go through. The buying club didn't have enough cash to complete the transfer. Two of them, are now leaving my club for free (missed for about 750k on it).

Really happy with two maybe three signings I already did. Young talented en multifunctional players for a low wage and contract untill 2021 / 2022. The maybe third player I like, is a striker, only thing to doubt with him is his age (30 - end of 2016 31). Other players I did sign are not significant better then the start selection, do gonna miss some of my current starting eleven. Biggest challenge for next year is to sign a goalkeeper that has enough quality for my team, most of the keepers I've looked at, have less quatily then Koteles.

For sure I've signed already players that are just not good enough, I think everybody who does this challenge will have this in the first season... Because you'll have to sell and also sign new players. With the transfer window, you'll do some dumb stuff (at least I did). Do you guys work with unprotected contracts, I don't (tapani patch)

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Vunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I don't use any Tapani patches so I will have to worry about my players becoming unprotected and losing them to teams, although on the otherhand I can sign players who are unprotected.I'd say I'm happy with 80-90% of my squad in the fact that I don't think there is any better eligible players for their position, the only problem is the age of some of them and 3 or 4 of them can't adjust to the lifestyle.

vCash
    I guess you could be ballsy" ans stick with same team, do ok with them , get success then risk to sell them all at end of season and bring in good qualityafrican players - seems like a risk too far though IMO

I have 3 good keepers - 1 young and 2 around the 27 mark

I look to have a good striker for my 1 up top

Some fine DEF coming in Jan but MID is where I am struggling - have a couple of decent players coming in but nothing standout from an AM side

vCash
    In my first season Im in second place coming into February, ive signed a lot of dross African players, most of them seem to be doing OK though, will be interesting at the end of the season when I have to release some of my current squad, some of the players I have signed are crap so I don’t know how they will do next season.
    Just one note, I am using an Iodine tactic, is that OK?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Yeah the tactic is fine mate, it fits the restrictions as it's got 3 or more defenders and wide men in the full backs.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast