Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

vCash

I thought about loading up Toto - Africa while playing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I haven't reached a Cup of Nations yet, there is a break in Belgium which is middle of Dec till mid of Jan so before when a tournament is.

I checked last night but there isn't a tournament till the following season (midway through season 3) and the draw isn't till the October in season 3 either, although I have had 2 or 3 players miss individual games for the club as they've been called up to the National side.

If worse comes to worse I'll allow grey players to be used but I don't think the majority of your squad will be called up and you'll still be able to field a side.
    I'm midway season three, and the Africa Cup has been played. From my squad (32 players) 10 players did play on the Africa Cup, 6 normally would play in my starting eleven. That I was knocked out of the CL poule with Roma, Bayern & Atletico, was hard because I think I would have a chance when I could start with my best eleven in the games against Roma. With this B-squad I've lost both matches, with 5 points a third place in the poule.

In the competition I still go on top of the league, with 9 games to play Club Brugge and Antwerp do follow on position two and three with 2 and 4 points less then Waasland. In the cup I've lost from Antwerp in the 7th round. Now I can have the focus on just the competition.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Cheers mate, I've just started the 3rd season so was going to report my findings on the Cup of Nations as well.

Yaya's just retired and Kolo is this coming season so I'm on the look out for their regens

vCash
    AFCON happened in season 1 with me (I have Saturn's patch added so not sure if that has done something to it?)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Yeah it will do if you've not started in 2001/02.

vCash
    2m in debt, (using Aussie € for "todays" finances) out Europa League in 3rd round to Wolfsburg after a bitch of a draw and out of Belgium Cup

2nd in league with 7 games to go, 4 points behind leader

Desperately need CL football for some cash next season otherwise the debt will continue to rise. Have sold everyone I do not need and squad less than 30 players I think now. Loaned quite a few out for experience.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    How far ahead of 3rd are ya mate?

Sounds like you played quite a bit after I left you on the shoutbox last night

vCash
    Finished the first season in second place with 79 points and managed to sell 7.1 million worth of players. Have about a 4 budget to buy players with for my second season although I dont need all that many.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    4 or 4m

Yeah shopping is cheap as chips which is good, thanks to CL and the Europa run and season tickets at the start of season 3 I've got just over 10m in the bank now, and there's no way I'll be spending that or even could without me significantly raising my transfer bids just for the hell of it!

Best of luck for the season ahead mate

vCash
    about 3-4 points ahead of 3rd I think as we just beat them in a head to head

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    A good head-to-head to win mate, even if you can't make up that gap on 1st as long as you stay 2nd you should be in the CL qualifiers I think, winners go straight to the group stage.

vCash
    May 2018 - Beveren

Third year ended with my last home game against Genk (1-2). I think the partying after the game against Kortrijk away (0-4) and getting the championship for the second following year was the reason for this home defeat. A short overview of the season:

Super Cup
    As champions and cup winners of 16/17, I played against Club Brugge. The second placed team in the table for the past season. Again it did look like a big defeat. After 1-3 down, with less then 20 minutes to play, I thought the game was over. But I did came back in the game, and it was a penalty shoot-out. Not the best thing to get with this team. Brugge did win the penalty serie with 1-2 (12 penalties).

League
    This year Club Brugge wasn't my biggest contender for the title. But the team playing on the Bosuil was. The very attacking Antwerp did deserve the second spot, with only three points behind Waasland Beveren. Although it's only three points, I didn't have so much doubts in getting the title in comparisation with last year. My squad was better in finding the opponents goal, and we didn't have the late escape victories anymore. Last year was a bit of outsiders champions luck, this year we are for sure the best team and did deserve the championship.

Did have the same amount of points, but more goals then the last season.

Cup
    Sixth round: Deinze (away) 0-3 - The score should be a lot higher. But the most important thing was getting through to the seventh round.

Seventh round: Antwerp (home) 0-2 - Shock defeat against Antwerp, with my best team available I didn't deserve a victory. Antwerp had more chances and they returned home with a 0-2 victory.

Champions League & UEFA Cup
    The first poule with Juventus, Chelsea and Rosenborg was unexpected easy. After four games in this poule, I already was qualified for the next round

The second poule with Bayern, AS Roma and Atletico could it be harder than this poule? Because of the Africa Cup, I've missed ten players when I needed to play against AS Roma (home and away). With two points after Bayern (home) and Atletico (Away) I was really upset with losing 6 starting eleven players for the next matches. With two 1-0 defeats, and Bayern away, it was basically over.

Player of the season
    Last year the fans named him player of the season, but wasn't on my shortlist. Just because I excpect more from him. This year without any doubt he is the player of the season:

Saber Khalifa - I've added him to my squad in the winter break of the first season. Did this year what I already thought he could do. 40 goals in 42 matches, 2 assist and 9 times he was the man of the match. For sure he's the player of the season.

I need to mention Yakubu Mohammed again, a 8.13 average rating in 39 matches is also impressive.

Wishes for the future
    I think my defence is already done for the upcoming season. Will look for a possible better keeper, but keepers will always be hard to find in Africa.

Most important thing is a central midfielder, hope to find a Yaya Toure regen

Belgian Super Cup - 20 pts
    6 signings made - (-)30 pts

Total for season = 200 + 20 - 30 = 190 pts

Total points on challenge so far = 360 pts

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Vunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Well done on retaining your league title mate, shame about the cups especially after taking the Super Cup to penalties after being 3-1 down.

Let us know if you find Yaya's regen or a decent keeper, my 3 keepers are all 35 or over now so none are gonna be there in the next couple of seasons I'd have thought.

vCash
    Yaya's regen located and bid lodged

vCash
    Only two players away to the Cup of Nations, went up to a 1m on Yaya's regen which they rejected then noticed a month later his contract would be up in 6 months and I could talk terms with him, that day came and the bugger signed a new contract with his club on that very same day, so had to bid again. Bid up to 2m which was accepted but he turned it down this time.

vCash
    Only two players away to the Cup of Nations, went up to a 1m on Yaya's regen which they rejected then noticed a month later his contract would be up in 6 months and I could talk terms with him, that day came and the bugger signed a new contract with his club on that very same day, so had to bid again. Bid up to 2m which was accepted but he turned it down this time.
    Ah damn, that's so ignoring.

I didn't find a better goalkeeper than my current keeper is, because of his age (32) there is also not a real priority to have a keeper on short term. Did find some new players, I hope they are a good addition to my (big) squad.

What do you guys find the best way to know which player is better? I do use scouts, coach reports and I compare every player with my highest rated player. But because all of these could have a different outcome I don't know what to believe. In this game the compare functionality does win it from the scout reports and coach reports.

For example, I have 6 central defenders. I compare 1 with 2, if 1 is better I will compare 1 with 3. I do this until I have the best two defenders. My definition of better is, does the one defender have more stars than the other. I think it does work, but it's very weird that my best central defender, is a player wo doesn't belong in the team.

I will continu to use this method to buy my team, but just curious in what u use.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Vunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I just look at the stats and compare, don't really look at the star ratings in the comparison mode themselves, I only use scouts to discover the players after that I go on my judgement and don't take into account their scout rating for the player.

vCash
    Got 3 keepers with tats of about 17/18, 12/14, 10/14 for handling/reflexes/positioning (not sure the first 2 arts are in correct order).
    Preset happy with GK situation and should sort me for the rest of challenge unless better cones along

Good work Vunky.

Crazy pen shootout. Interesting stuff in CL and unlucky on AFCON feeling you over

Great stuff on league but shock in cup

Was tonight so will get back on this tomorrow !

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Give me names for the keepers mate

I made a mistake my 3 keepers are 37, 33 and 33, but I definitely searching for a younger model - who isn't?

vCash
    Yaya's regen located and bid lodged
    How do you find the regens?

vCash
    FYI the keeper I signed was Ronwen Williams from SuperSport United he's been steady.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Will check him out mate

I knew Yaya had retired so I just went through the Ivory Coast club teams and see if I could see a decent MC.

You can use external tools like gpf2 as well or you can make a note of their position, what foot they are and their balance and flair stats and search for those as they don't change from player to regen, back in the day I had a notepad full of players positions, footedness and flair and balance stats

Got two long term injuries last night, my DMC for 10 months and a centre back for 9 months so had to make a couple of signings to replace them. I also released a player who was probably 5th choice striker and was skipping training all the time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234