Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

vCash
    Well done on the league title mate, the Champions League money will easily cover the debt, you get 1.8m just for being in the group stage (not sure what that is in Aussie dollars), and then you'll make a mint from TV Revenue, any wins or draws and I think ticket money is split for all games but don't quote me on that!

Them 3 keepers all look much better than mine, will have to check them out and possibly that striker too!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well done in winning the title, nice progress during the competition. Don't see much names that I have in my team or my shortlist. Except Amusan & Asante, where Amusan is just the third striker, Asante is a important AMC.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've Amusan as well but I play 3 up top so he's one of my starters, not seen Asante though I don't think so that's another name for me to look for

Should finish my 3rd season tonight.

vCash
    Found a fantastic young striker, Patson Daka

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Will be tomorrow I finish my 3rd season now, looked at ya 3 keepers Red, two are crap on my save but Saladhine is awesome! Shame he left for China midway through the first season

vCash
    Aye - picked him up as a wee nipper

vCash
    A good DMC for those who use them Mark Sekyere

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I have him - BEAST

vCash
    Will look out for him, cheers mate.

I could be wrong but I can't remember any of scouts picking up any North African players, so I'm gonna have a look at Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria tonight and see if there's anyone decent.

vCash
    I spent an absolute age clicking on every club in africa and adding every player to shortlist

vCash

vCash
    Yaya free agent...............wants to join us......................but we cannot afford 26k pw wages (only 13k)

vCash
    Same position I was in mate, then he went and retired

vCash
    hopefully can wait a month or so and then season ticket money etc may come in or CL money

vCash
    CL money will sort you right out mate, especially if you get a Barca, Real or Utd and the ticket money is split. I think each game you get 125k in TV Revenue, a win is 200k and a draw 100k so there's big money to be earned.

Should be on after 8 to finish my season and do write up of season 3.

vCash
    Just curious about the selections. Can anyone post a screenshot?

wondering if the hidden gems are discovered..

vCash
    eh?

In other news - Training ground facilities upgraded and cost 6m!

Now puts us in 7m debt!

adult photo sharing
    Last edited by Redknapp69; Yesterday at 08:02 PM.

vCash

Hopefully season tickets and CL footy will see you right mate

vCash
    Had season ticket money - another 2m just came in though which helps

2 promising youngsters signed in midfield and may go straight into team - not much else needed for this season I do not think
    Last edited by Redknapp69; Yesterday at 08:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    A good DMC for those who use them Mark Sekyere
    Another who moved out of Africa in the first season, now at Torino after a spell at Catania.

vCash
    Massive blow before start of season - He's my first choice DC

upload pic

vCash
    Just 4 signings made across the season, the already mentioned Camara ahead of the season, 18 year old striker Gaoussou Nillmar Sow in September for 500k, and Tunisian duo Hatten Baratli and Nabil Moncer in January and late February respectively. There was one departure as well, 5th choice striker Minguito missed training a few times and at 35 releasing him was never going to be a miss so out he went. To the season then...

League - Winners! What a title race! In our 29th game and Club Brugge's 30th game we came from behind to beat them 2-1 at home to leap frog Brugge into 1st place, a position we had occupied for most of the season until back-to-back defeats just a month previous saw us drop to 2nd. After regaining top spot I'd like to say we closed out the season with no problems at all, but that was never going to happen! Next up was an away trip to Anderlecht which we lost 1-0, but we stayed top as Brugge could only draw. Gameweek 31 saw an away trip to OHL and a red card, a superkeeper and an own goal from Mbah saw us lose 2-1, and the next day a 5-0 win for Brugge saw them regain 1st place by 3 points but we had a game in hand. That game in hand saw us return to winning ways with a 4-1 away win at Lierse, and we were top again on what I could only assume was the head-to-head record as we had scored fewer goals and conceded more than Brugge, not that I was complaining! Gameweek 33 saw wins for both ourselves and Brugge to set up a nervy last day, us away at Antwerp and Brugge at home to Anderlecht. We fell behind after 8 mins only for Luvumbu to level things on 22 and at the break it was 1-1, a glance at the latest scores saw Brugge drawing 0-0. We made a great start to the second half scoring not once but twice in the first 5 mins, but before we could get too ahead of ourselves Antwerp pulled one back on 53, it set up a nervy finish and I completely forgot about the other game. We weathered the storm though and saw out the win to retain our title, and news from Brugge showed that Anderlecht had in fact managed a 2-0 win, just in case the league weren't won on the head-to-head record when level on points.

Cup - Winners! Deinze, Sint-Truiden, Charleroi (after a replay) and Standard Liege were all beat on the way to the final, were we beat Zulte-Waregem 3-2 in a hard fought game a week after that dramatic last day of the league season.

Super Cup - Winners! Like last year we faced familiar foes in Club Brugge, and although not as entertaining as last year we still got the win and there was a sending off for Brugge.

Champions League - 1st Group Stage 3rd Place. I actually thought we'd qualified for the 2nd Group Stage but despite going down 3-0 away at Real Madrid in our last game, nearest challengers Leverkusen were drawing 3-3 against PSV deep into injury time, that was until Arda Turan scored with the last kick of the game, and we dropped to 3rd and Europa League football - we're the team with no name

Europa League - Winners! Another unbelievable run in this competition which saw us actually lift the trophy this time! Our journey was almost over before it started as we lost our first game 2-1 at home to Young Boys before beating them 3-1 away. Things didn't get much better next against Lille, drawing 1-1 at home before squeezing through 2-1 in France, although the quarter final against Napoli was easier, 2-0 at home before a magnificent 4-3 win in Naples. Tottenham opponents last year in this competition took an early lead in Belgium before we rallied to win 4-1, but we had an almighty scare in London, as we went 2-0 down early on, and despite pulling one back, another for Spurs on 83 set up a nail biting last 10 mins but we managed to make the Final. The Final would be held in Warsaw as we took on Chelsea, and it was our turn to go into an early 2-0 lead but that was short lived, before we regained our two goal cushion minutes later and just before half time we got a fourth. Daniel Sturridge made it 3-2 to Chelsea on 57, but we stood resolute and were unlucky not to get a 5th after we had a goal disallowed for a marginal offside, but it didn't matter and we claimed an historic victory!

Despite an unbelievable season I had some very sticky patches, and I think it took a dozen or so games till the central striker in my 4-3-3 formation actually scored! Thankfully they came good towards the end and Boateng 18 in 29(13) and Sow 11 in 21(12) helped us to them trophies. Player of the season would have to go to Heritier Luvumbu though who managed 19 goals and 15 assists in 47 games, while defensive midfielder Merveille Bokadi actually had the highest average rating with 7.71, as he forced his way into becoming my first choice midfield anchor.

Points this season

Belgian Pro League - 200 pts
    Belgian Cup - 100 pts
    Europa League Winners - 500 pts
    Belgian Super Cup - 50 pts
    4 signings made - (-)20 pts

Total for season = 200 + 100 + 500 + 50 - 20 = 830 pts.

Total points on challenge so far =
    305 pts + 830 pts = 1,135 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; Yesterday at 11:40 PM.

vCash
    Another great season

That league finish was bonkers - nervy stuff indeed!

Crazy Europa League journey as well and lovely to see you stick it up Chelsea in the final

Sure CL progress is the focus for next season

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Don't know about that mate, the Europa League has served me well so far

That league was ridiculous, for some reason the team always had a defeat or two in them and that's what saw a topsy-turvy finish, after we had them back-to-back defeats but beat Club Brugge to regain top spot but that should have been it, but once again we decided to lose a couple of games to let Brugge right in it and put the pressure back on ourselves. It's like we enjoy it in some perverse way

- - - Updated - - -

I really like Arda Turan as well

vCash
    Money troubles sorted

Facing Barca and Real madrid in CL

Shame league form is not great at the mo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345